2021 Food City Dirt Race Pre Race Thread

I can't believe NASCAR hasn't bought a supply of KN95 masks for everyone. Put it on, take it off and adjust the nose to suit your face and never touch it after. I'm afraid it's more about politics than safety. The drivers don't want to wear them so use something they have to keep ****** with. Just trying to make a point. JMHO.
If I can afford them NASCAR can. I keep one in dash of truck outside facing sun. Wear it 2-3 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_175322525.jpg
    IMG_20210327_175322525.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Well there it is , see yalls tomorrow

good job for calling it tonite NASCAR !

We will be back for a full day and nite tomorrow !

You've been bitching for 2 days will you just shut up already we know you don't like this.

Well you see, the problem is...

This is what I would be like in a superspeedway race thread. Which is why I don't watch them or post about them.

Owell, great day of college basketball! The "real" March Madness never disappoints. Hopefully they'll be some sort of competitive racing tomorrow at Bristol. If not, more hoops tomorrow too and the start of the F1 season!

Owell, great day of college basketball! The "real" March Madness never disappoints. Hopefully they'll be some sort of competitive racing tomorrow at Bristol. If not, more hoops tomorrow too and the start of the F1 season!
Good deal go talk about racing on a stick and ball forum so you can make some more friends. Don't let the door

IF it doesn't rain all night, as I suspect it will, they will turn the dirt over and repack. IMO this whole deal will be a disaster but I'll be watching. Be surprised if more than 20 cars finish.
a lot of rain showing on radar. It looks like it will be over like it did earlier but it redeveloped so it's a question mark. It that is the end of it and it doesn't redevelop, no sweat on getting the track ready. They have all night.

Man this sucks, was really looking forward to watching this tonight, I don't really watch anything on dirt besides Supercross and Monster Jam which obviously isn't the same as this. Thought this was a really cool idea and a way to maybe get some new eyes on the racing. Shame they couldn't catch a break with the weather. Really hope tomorrow goes smoothly and the damn weather corporates.

Was it impossible to reschedule the heat races as well?

With it raining again, and amount of time it would take for the dirt to dry out again, there's just not enough time to get them in. At some point, the priority turns to the races themselves. They're going to have to peel that top layer off once it does stop raining, and whatever they use to do it, they'll run no more than 5 to 10 mph making sure it's getting done thoroughly, and then add in how many times they have to go around the track to make sure they do the entire track and run a packer to smooth it out again....that amount of time adds up.

Last edited:
Seriously doubt it, but anything is possible. They could run the heats without TV coverage or better yet Fox could make a spot and get them in (big moma) Mother Nature permitting.

Bristol, Tennessee WEATHER FORECAST
TodayHi 60°F

Weather forecast icon

Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Back
Top Bottom