2021 Silly Season

The #42 is a major step up from the #43. This is a no-brainer decision if I'm Wallace.

That's the way I feel too, but momentum seems to be moving away from it. Given the choice between working FOR Chip Ganassi or working WITH Andrew Murstein, I'd choose the first option every day of the week, but that's just me. I've never been a Ganassi guy, but the contrast between the two owners and who knows what the hell they are doing is HUGE.

You don't? :blink:
no lmao. I did have a cardboard cut out of Jeff Gordon in my living room the first year my girlfriend who became my wife lived together....... after a while she let me get out living on my own since my college days out of my system and then it shall I say disappear.

no lmao. I did have a cardboard cut out of Jeff Gordon in my living room the first year my girlfriend who became my wife lived together....... after a while she let me get out living on my own since my college days out of my system and then it shall I say disappear.
It's probably in the same landfill with my cutout of Capt. Kirk (original series Shatner version) from my ubergeek Trekkie days.

With ALL the talent in Xfinity, I’m surprised speculation for the 42’s next driver isn’t more centered around those names... oh well

What I find odd is that it looks like Bubba is really close to signing with RPM when he claims to have a deal on the table for the 42? Let's be honest the 42 is a lot better ride than the 43 for the long term. My guess is the money that he's bringing in from "his" sponsors won't go as far on the 42 like they would on the 43, but that's just speculation.

All I can say is if I was Ross and didn't get a cup deal with CGR for 2021 I'd be pissed. I can't think of anyone that deserves that ride more than him.

If the money Bubba gets from these sponsors could help the 43 car get better, that would be great. Hopefully whatever he decides to do helps him out in the long run.

I think he's done well for the car he's got.
Look at all the Childress and affiliate cars this year....they're all running much better and even won a race. Do you think Ganassi wanted Bubba blurting out premature negotiations to the media? He's probably shooting himself in the foot. Got no love for Jussie Wallace anymore.

That had nothing to do with how I felt. I don't like loudmouth braggarts. That's the problem with the little click that hangs out in here. You whole lot are so damn quick to judge someone and act like you know what they are thinking.

That had nothing to do with how I felt. I don't like loudmouth braggarts. That's the problem with the little click that hangs out in here. You whole lot are so damn quick to judge someone and act like you know what they are thinking.
actually come to think of it you should come down to the Podium, there are ALOT of those that think the same way as you. I am not judging, I mean I wasnt alive in the 60's so I dont know how you people think but again comeon down its hospitable and open in the Podium........ think of it as a Trust Tree.

actually come to think of it you should come down to the Podium, there are ALOT of those that think the same way as you. I am not judging, I mean I wasnt alive in the 60's so I dont know how you people think but again comeon down its hospitable and open in the Podium........ think of it as a Trust Tree.

I agree with Snappy - take it to the Podium. I'm not going to personally mind what I didn't remove, because I believe in freedom of speech and I also believe he played the card. But we don't need to be jousting at eachother like it's a competition.

With ALL the talent in Xfinity, I’m surprised speculation for the 42’s next driver isn’t more centered around those names... oh well
Ganassi's long-time partner in McDonald's is a personal sponsor for Bubba. I think that has a lot to do with it, but I'm still wondering if Ganassi wants Chastain back as a probable candidate for the car? He just doesn't bring in the money like Bubba does at this point, however I still feel as if Chastain still might be the guy for the 42 car.

Look at all the Childress and affiliate cars this year....they're all running much better and even won a race. Do you think Ganassi wanted Bubba blurting out premature negotiations to the media? He's probably shooting himself in the foot. Got no love for Jussie Wallace anymore.
That right there says it all.

Nothing more to add here.

Affiliation does not automatically mean success, Germain and RPM get leftovers from the primary team. Same goes for many in a similar affiliation, but I think a lot of teams associated with large teams have been doing well to find more with less.

Ganassi's long-time partner in McDonald's is a personal sponsor for Bubba. I think that has a lot to do with it, but I'm still wondering if Ganassi wants Chastain back as a probable candidate for the car? He just doesn't bring in the money like Bubba does at this point, however I still feel as if Chastain still might be the guy for the 42 car.
Yea, surely Chip would want Ross in the car. Atleast I’m going to tell myself he does...

Sucks a sponsor is willing to pass on talent such as Ross... if indeed thats what goes down

I guess it’s their money lol. I should just leave it at that

Bubba should stick with Petty because he was offered a minority ownership stake with the team. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that people work 10 times harder and perform much better when they own something

Don't know if this has been discussed here already. I didn't know Cindric is not signed for next year. Kind of interesting knowing his fathers role at Penske. The 22 is a top ride, if not the top in Xfinity. Wondering how this will work out.
https://speedsport.com/nascar/xfinity-series/cindric-exploring-options-for-2021/
I think another year in Xfinity with limited number of races in cup should be his path to success. This is his first good year in Xfinity and IMO doesn't warrant a cup contract.

Don't know if this has been discussed here already. I didn't know Cindric is not signed for next year. Kind of interesting knowing his fathers role at Penske. The 22 is a top ride, if not the top in Xfinity. Wondering how this will work out.
https://speedsport.com/nascar/xfinity-series/cindric-exploring-options-for-2021/

I think the smart play would be putting him in the 21. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get that car in contention for a couple of wins.

I don’t think we’ve seen how good that 21 can be at the moment... theres too much young talent right now who are bound to end up in Cup. It would be a good time to bring along a driver like Cindric.

I think the smart play would be putting him in the 21. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get that car in contention for a couple of wins.

I don’t think we’ve seen how good that 21 can be at the moment... theres too much young talent right now who are bound to end up in Cup. It would be a good time to bring along a driver like Cindric.
Disagree, we have no idea how any of these young talent are going to perform against cup drivers. In the past we could see them run the odd race but not lately. Xfinity itself isn't as competitive so there is no way to really judge any of these young fellas.

Welcome to the internet.

Disagree, we have no idea how any of these young talent are going to perform against cup drivers. In the past we could see them run the odd race but not lately. Xfinity itself isn't as competitive so there is no way to really judge any of these young fellas.

I respect that. I don’t think it would hurt a bit to put Cindric in that ride tho. The kid pushes hard. Obviously at the beginning too hard, but he’s that type of driver you almost have to ‘reign in’... I think he will do well in Cup

and I ultimately think that 21 has a higher ceiling than what we see

I respect that. I don’t think it would hurt a bit to put Cindric in that ride tho. The kid pushes hard. Obviously at the beginning too hard, but he’s that type of driver you almost have to ‘reign in’... I think he will do well in Cup

and I ultimately think that 21 has a higher ceiling than what we see
Matt D has been damn good this season, he's knocking on the door of a win. I'm not understanding how he's being sold short already because his numbers are better than Blaney's in terms of average finishing position in 14.8 or 15th place finish which is higher than Blaney's second year at WBR which was a 17th place average.

Dude is turning out to be a very good driver, he just needs that win in the 21 car. I would not be surprised to see Matt D re-signed for another season. Cindric will just have to wait or get a Cup ride somewhere else for a bit.

Matt D has been damn good this season, he's knocking on the door of a win. I'm not understanding how he's being sold short already because his numbers are better than Blaney's in terms of average finishing position in 14.8 or 15th place finish which is higher than Blaney's second year at WBR which was a 17th place average.

Dude is turning out to be a very good driver, he just needs that win in the 21 car. I would not be surprised to see Matt D re-signed for another season. Cindric will just have to wait or get a Cup ride somewhere else for a bit.

he’s been very solid! No doubt.

Im highlighting Cindric into the 21, because it adds up in the sense that Austin is a Penske guy for Xfinity... and obviously one of the closest Cup Series things to that would be a Penske affiliated Cup car/Penske cup car.

Im not knocking Matt by wanting Cindric in the 21... it’s just I believe Austin getting in that ride would take it to another level. Just my thoughts, everyone May see it different.

The 21 is good now. I think it could be better is all. Cindric is a helluva talent too

and also, I see most folks supporting Matt in the 21, I just like the discussion of other possibilities

I'm afraid Matt be at least on the hot seat in the 21. With Briscoe and Cindric both appearing to be at the point that more time in the Xfinity series really won't be beneficial to their development Ford needs to put them somewhere.

Maybe one spot open at RFR depending on what happens with Ryan? Maybe the 34 or the 38? But I can't say I'd be getting rid of JHN

Back
Top Bottom