2021 Silly Season

Myatt Snider isn't racing in cup with his lack of experience
Myatt Snider has a full-time Xfinity ride because of money, that same RCR car that is re-numbered was shared last season between them. Alfredo was the odd man out unfortunately, I was hoping RCR would go back to two cars with those two.

Myatt Snider has a full-time Xfinity ride because of money, that same RCR car that is re-numbered was shared last season between them. Alfredo was the odd man out unfortunately, I was hoping RCR would go back to two cars with those two.
Myatt Snider isn't racing in Cup with his lack of experience and that isn't who we were talking about.

Myatt Snider isn't racing in Cup with his lack of experience and that isn't who we were talking about.
I know, but the only reason why Alfredo is even in the conversation is because all of the front running cars in Xfinity have been taken for the most part.

He's inexperienced, but if he's willing to take the plunge at the Cup level then by all means go for it. Just let's say if he does well then good, but if not it could be career suicide for him.

Gaughan's old super speedway ride and team he used to drive for. It's a decent enough car, but contrary to some's beliefs, there is some driver skill involved to be up front when the time is right although you will never convince them of that. :biggrin:

Gaughan's old super speedway ride and team he used to drive for. It's a decent enough car, but contrary to some's beliefs, there is some driver skill involved to be up front when the time is right although you will never convince them of that. :biggrin:
Oh, there is skill involved, it's just a skill that often doesn't translate to racing anywhere else, and actually getting a good finish is more about being lucky enough to miss the carnage than any particular skill. There are some really solid plate drivers that couldn't drive a nail anywhere else....

Both Pockrass and Stern are tweeting about Floyd Mayweather looking to hook up with Spire and hoping to be full time in 2022.

**sigh**

I hope it doesn't happen. I have no tolerance for athletes who get their rocks off by beating up women, with multiple offenses. I'd rather they slime around elsewhere, not in Nascar, not in any form of racing.

Both Pockrass and Stern are tweeting about Floyd Mayweather looking to hook up with Spire and hoping to be full time in 2022.

**sigh**

I hope it doesn't happen. I have no tolerance for athletes who get their rocks off by beating up women, with multiple offenses. I'd rather they slime around elsewhere, not in Nascar, not in any form of racing.

In this case, I take comfort in the fact that many stick n ballers have attempted to go racing and left with much lighter pockets and very little if any figures in the win column.

Bob Leavine out. Floyd Mayweather in.

The wheel keeps on turnin‘ ...

**sigh**

It's not literally Floyd Mayweather involved, that tweet is a bit misleading. Mayweather/TMT (The Money Team, his brand) licensed the TMT brand to somebody else that wants to use it for a race team. Floyd wouldn't have any direct involvement the way that say Michael Jordan will be actually involved in 23XI

1609896701114.gif

Twitter rumors by the minute say MTJ is retiring. A little scuttlebutt for a Tuesday night to say the least

View attachment 51686
Twitter rumors by the minute say MTJ is retiring. A little scuttlebutt for a Tuesday night to say the least

IF true, who does Toyota/JGR have to replace him? They cut Jones etc, and most free agents are signed for 2021 now. I don't believe any of their current development drivers are near ready for Cup. Maybe Kenseth back for a year? I doubt it after how he was forced out of the 20.
Maybe John Hunter, since he has a year of Cup experience now and is signed with Toyota in the truck series?
This seems like it could be a huge FU to JGR.

I could see that, especially with his partner being treated for cancer again. But it be yet another driver who pulled the plug on JGR real late.
Thinking about it, that makes it seem likely that it could actually be real, given the risks involved with covid and the chances of bringing it home to her after traveling etc. It may just not bed worth it to him to risk her life.

IF true, who does Toyota/JGR have to replace him? They cut Jones etc, and most free agents are signed for 2021 now. I don't believe any of their current development drivers are near ready for Cup. Maybe Kenseth back for a year? I doubt it after how he was forced out of the 20.
Maybe John Hunter, since he has a year of Cup experience now and is signed with Toyota in the truck series?
LOL

Whew slow down, a mile a minute. This all could be a much ado about nothing.

Whew slow down, a mile a minute. This all could be a much ado about nothing.
Yes, that is why I said IF true. I agree it could just be a rumor as is much of what is discussed in "silly season". Just speculation and my thoughts IF it does in fact turn out to be true. Nothing surprises me anymore after Carl Edwards retired. Perhaps he could come back to replace MTJ LOL

Also 60 MPH (a mile a minute) is a common highway speed limit so atleast I won't get a ticket. ;) :XXROFL: :pbjtime: :cuckoo::owquitit:

And we‘d barely begun beating up on The Preacher.

Disappointing.

I'm reading rumors of MTJ retiring AFTER the 2021 season. Not effective immediately.
That does seem a lot more likely. Tbh, I could see it if several drivers decide to retire after 2021 with the new car etc. Not to mention how life in general has changed.

Back
Top Bottom