2022 Silly Season

Sounding a lot like 23XII adding a second car and bringing in Kurt Busch to drive. I guess they may be the one to get the second RPM charter if the price is right.
The price will be wrong.

The Spire motor sports charter currently leased to Trackhouse is on the market. After the one time, one year lease expires at the end of the season, Spire has to race it or sell it.

I could come up with all kinds of weird s*it about SHR's lack of performance this year. Partnerships almost always fail, there could be trouble there, where's Tony, how is the morale, nobodies doing worth a darn, who is really running the show, does SHR have a rudder or have they lost it? Something or somethings are off with that bunch.

Do race teams ever have the team Pres., VP, GM or whoever the appropriate person is address the media (really the fans) during a lack luster season?

You’ll often see stick and ball GMs address the media if the team is floundering so I’m curious is there’s any parallel in racing.

Do race teams ever have the team Pres., VP, GM or whoever the appropriate person is address the media (really the fans) during a lack luster season?

You’ll often see stick and ball GMs address the media if the team is floundering so I’m curious is there’s any parallel in racing.
Very seldom have I seen anything resembling one of those stick and ball media events. No proof, but I think team owners in Nascar are protected by layers of management from that sort of thing. They have to rely on sponsors and the press can screw up more than they fix when it comes to something like that. They are much easier to find when they are winning.

I could come up with all kinds of weird s*it about SHR's lack of performance this year. Partnerships almost always fail, there could be trouble there, where's Tony, how is the morale, nobodies doing worth a darn, who is really running the show, does SHR have a rudder or have they lost it? Something or somethings are off with that bunch.
They have more competition this year. Hendrick & Chevy as a whole have stepped up. As a result, Harvick is winless, He had four wins at this point last year. Custer, Briscoe & Almirola are outside the top 20 & being outperformed by small market teams.

I'd like to see some changes in that team, particulary in that #10. Almirola at least should be in the playoffs with that equipment.

It's not just SHR. Penske has three wins combined. Custer is barely ahead of Corey Lajoie in the standings. They have to find something quick.

They have more competition this year. Hendrick & Chevy as a whole have stepped up. As a result, Harvick is winless, He had four wins at this point last year. Custer, Briscoe & Almirola are outside the top 20 & being outperformed by small market teams.

I'd like to see some changes in that team, particulary in that #10. Almirola at least should be in the playoffs with that equipment.

It's not just SHR. Penske has three wins combined. Custer is barely ahead of Corey Lajoie in the standings. They have to find something quick.
I think they are all taking the year off, saving money or spending it on the new car. We could see some shake ups with senior drivers.

I remember what Mark Martin would say when they where getting beat pretty bed. He would say , “we have to go to work” or “ we have to work harder”. I would like to see SHR hire Cole Pearn to oversee their operation. I know he left the NASCAR circus and probably won’t be back but he is a game changer like Chad Knaus.

I remember what Mark Martin would say when they where getting beat pretty bed. He would say , “we have to go to work” or “ we have to work harder”. I would like to see SHR hire Cole Pearn to oversee their operation. I know he left the NASCAR circus and probably won’t be back but he is a game changer like Chad Knaus.
Is Cole even wanting to come back to NASCAR at this current juncture?

Is Cole even wanting to come back to NASCAR at this current juncture?
Don't think so. All the big boys backed the Brinks truck up to him when Furniture Row was folding and he stayed. This time off may have been part of a non-compete clause in his contract, but I believe him when he said he was sick of never being home and didn't like living in NC.

Amazing it's been so quiet with the bomb dropped on Door Bumper Clear this week: Brett Griffin said that RCR was for sale earlier but that's on hold.

Don't think so. All the big boys backed the Brinks truck up to him when Furniture Row was folding and he stayed. This time off may have been part of a non-compete clause in his contract, but I believe him when he said he was sick of never being home and didn't like living in NC.
Yeah Cole's stomping grounds in Canada were due north of Colorado and a hell of a lot farther away in NC

Amazing it's been so quiet with the bomb dropped on Door Bumper Clear this week: Brett Griffin said that RCR was for sale earlier but that's on hold.

I heard a brief mention of that during the podcast but they didn't elaborate on it so I didn't put much stock in it. I have to imagine it's one of those things well for this much it's for sale, but its not worth that much, well if you want to buy it it'll cost you that much.

Does Brett Griffin ever say anything accurate? Serious question. To me it seems like his hot take predictions and "rumors" always end up wrong, but maybe I'm missing something.

I heard a brief mention of that during the podcast but they didn't elaborate on it so I didn't put much stock in it. I have to imagine it's one of those things well for this much it's for sale, but its not worth that much, well if you want to buy it it'll cost you that much.
Could be Jr Motorsports' path to Cup, but I don't put a lot of stock into it.

Does Brett Griffin ever say anything accurate? Serious question. To me it seems like his hot take predictions and "rumors" always end up wrong, but maybe I'm missing something.
I believe that he really does spout off what's being whispered in the garage, which is probably why a lot doesn't come true. I also think 80% at least of what he hears and repeats is from his negotiating with sponsors, etc, and is info being used as leverage in said negotiations.

The thing is, there are tons of rumors swirling around the Concord area all the time that go unreported by the big journalists, even the ones that post "rumors". If you ever become friends with somebody that works in the NASCAR industry you'll hear tons of stuff where some of it comes true and some of it doesn't, but it's not that it's made up or something, it's that people catch wind of certain negotiations or whatever that are taking place, and sometimes it pans out and other times it doesn't.

I can tell you as far as changes like composite bodies, or single lug hubs, and stuff like that where it effects the whole garage, the people that work for those teams have all heard about those changes wayyyy before the public hears about in a press release. NASCAR is a tight-knit traveling circle and word gets around fast.

If NC is the problem, imagine if the new car comes and he goes to Trackhouse with a new shop in Nashville. I understand it will probably never happen.

If he left Gibbs and wasn’t coming back to HMS when they backed up the money truck why would he come back to SHR? Some of the names brought up in this thread make zero sense sometimes

I'd have to go back and listen again but part of me wonders if he meant RPM not RCR. Lot more rumors about that one for sale

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I could see 23XI going the Trackhouse route and buying RPM for the second car Charter.
I thought the rumor was he'd only sell it to someone willing to keep the Richard Petty name. If that's the case 23XI is trying to build a brand and that wouldn't work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything about Tyler Reddick? If he isn't locked down with RCR I'd have to imagine he's on the radar of 23XI, Trackhouse and maybe SHR

Has anyone heard anything about Tyler Reddick? If he isn't locked down with RCR I'd have to imagine he's on the radar of 23XI, Trackhouse and maybe SHR
Richard Childress loves him some Tyler Reddick. Compares him to Cale Yarborough. He’s not letting him go any time soon.

Richard Childress loves him some Tyler Reddick. Compares him to Cale Yarborough. He’s not letting him go any time soon.
Not wanting to let him go and him wanting to stay are 2 different things. Eventually if he wants to be a championship contender, which I think he has the talent to do, he'll have to move on because RCR just isn't there. Pretty much the reason that Harvick was forced to leave.

Not wanting to let him go and him wanting to stay are 2 different things. Eventually if he wants to be a championship contender, which I think he has the talent to do, he'll have to move on because RCR just isn't there. Pretty much the reason that Harvick was forced to leave.
SHR isn’t exactly Championship material either right now. Neither are some of the other teams you mentioned. Is RCR closer to contending, hard to say right now as next years car might be a change up for these teams.

SHR isn’t exactly Championship material either right now. Neither are some of the other teams you mentioned. Is RCR closer to contending, hard to say right now as next years car might be a change up for these teams.
Yeah but if I had to bet I'd take SHR over RCR any day, they're in the championship hunt more years than not. Trackhouse is on the way up and shows a lot of potential for a first year team. 23 XI with the money of MJ and TRD behind them, it's more likely than not it's just a matter of time before they're contenders.

Now I hate to say this because I like RCR, but they haven't been in championship contention since Harvick left and not really even competing for wins. Yeah they won a few races but they were all on strategy or plate tracks. They haven't shown the performance in years to just drive up and compete for a win.

RCR has been a top 12 team about every week.

I would stay put if I'm Reddick, RCR has been trending in the right direction for about a year.

Yeah but if I had to bet I'd take SHR over RCR any day, they're in the championship hunt more years than not. Trackhouse is on the way up and shows a lot of potential for a first year team. 23 XI with the money of MJ and TRD behind them, it's more likely than not it's just a matter of time before they're contenders.

Now I hate to say this because I like RCR, but they haven't been in championship contention since Harvick left and not really even competing for wins. Yeah they won a few races but they were all on strategy or plate tracks. They haven't shown the performance in years to just drive up and compete for a win.
but just one driver has been in the championship each year at SHR and he drives #4. None of the other drivers are even close to a championship level. I'll take an RCR ride over the other 3 we are talking about here. Chevy and RCR are trending in the upwards direction, but again next year it might new ball game.

Kelly would balk at the clause guaranteeing Austin a seat in perpetuity.
I mean Austin has sponsorship for days and his own marketing agency. It's the reason why Anthony Alfredo got the ride with FRM because of the money behind him. Alfredo is under AD's management team.

I doubt it will be an issue, Jr wants his drivers to bring in money behind them. Not to mention, Austin Dillon has been extremely consistent all season. I'm not sure about other opinions, but I think he's more than earned his spot.

That's if Jr decides to make a huge move like that.

Back
Top Bottom