2022 Silly Season

Tim Cindric is the president of Team Penske, has been Roger's right-hand man for years, and Austin is his son....
This part is factual, well-known to everybody. But your earlier post that Tim Cindric would assume ownership of Team Penske when Roger passes is pure speculation IMO. I seriously doubt that Cindric ownership of a controlling interest is Roger's actual succession plan. There is a vast difference between being a trusted, high-level employee and being the outright owner of a corporation.

Roger Penske has stated on the record that there is a succession plan to keep the team going, but I'm pretty sure he has always declined to elaborate further. I think Cindric has significant wealth, and he might already own a slice of the team's shares, but I'd be surprised if Roger plans to gift or sell controlling interest to him. Would that even count as "keeping Team Penske going?"

This part is factual, well-known to everybody. But your earlier post that Tim Cindric would assume ownership of Team Penske when Roger passes is pure speculation IMO. I seriously doubt that Cindric ownership of a controlling interest is Roger's actual succession plan. There is a vast difference between being a trusted, high-level employee and being the outright owner of a corporation.

Roger Penske has stated on the record that there is a succession plan to keep the team going, but I'm pretty sure he has always declined to elaborate further. I think Cindric has significant wealth, and he might already own a slice of the team's shares, but I'd be surprised if Roger plans to gift or sell controlling interest to him. Would that even count as "keeping Team Penske going?"
Are Roger’s sons active with Team Penske? I see Cindric every week on TV at Indy Car or Cup races. My view on trying to figure out who Roger is leaving his team to.... in itself is pure speculation.

It’s safe to assume that Mr. Penske has ownership and management succession plans in place for all of his corporate interests.

We don’t know what they are because at this point, it isn’t any of our business.
This is what I would assume too. and in 100% agreement, trying to figure it out is really pointless in the end.

Are Roger’s sons active with Team Penske? I see Cindric every week on TV at Indy Car or Cup races. My view on trying to figure out who Roger is leaving his team to.... in itself is pure speculation.
Only reason I brought it up was it seemed weird if Brad was looking for a team to run and Penske let him walk. I guess Roger isn’t interested in what Brad has to offer regarding an ownership stakes.

Sounds like substantial changes at team Penske. Gordon leaving, Brad probably leaving with another drive likely coming in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Calling it now, he’s gonna end up with an executive position at Roush-Keselowski.

Calling it now, he’s gonna end up with an executive position at Roush-Keselowski.
I wonder how many of the Roush “old guard” is left from when they were successful and if Brad is going to clean house by bringing in his own people.

No way to know how much decision-making BK will be doing.

I’ll guess not much.

I know we'll likely never be told but if this deal with BK goes through how much is he really given? To me its already kinda a weird situation that Jack is already partnered with Fenway so sometimes it's not even clear now who's calling the shots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Only reason I brought it up was it seemed weird if Brad was looking for a team to run and Penske let him walk. I guess Roger isn’t interested in what Brad has to offer regarding an ownership stakes.

Roger Penske has had numerous partners in his racing operations over the years as the situations have suited him, (including Rusty Wallace) but at the end of the day, there has ALWAYS been one man left standing, and that's Roger Penske. However capable Brad might be, I don't think he has anything to offer that Roger feels he can't do without and it doesn't accomplish any end goal. I feel as certain as someone on the outside can be that the future of Penske's motosports ventures beyond Roger (including the Brickyard) rests with Greg and or Jay Penske, with Tim Cindric doing all of the day to day heavy lifting.

Marshall has never known a HMS where Jeff Gordon wasn't a major factor in what goes on there, and I seriously doubt that ANY of this has happened without him being fully in the loop and on board with it. Jeff was already a Cup champion when Marshall was sweeping floors for Dennis Connor in the truck shop, so I don't think he would have any issues with Jeff being part of the power structure. With Lynn never showing any indication that she wanted to be part of the business structure in the Hendrick empire, that pretty much leaves Marshall as the heir to the overall kingdom. I wouldn't be surprised if over time his responsibilities shift to more of an overall executive of the total empire, with people like Jeff making the day to day decisions on the motorsports side. As Jeff alluded to, I think the fact that he basically grew up with the people like Jeff Andrews, and Chad and Marshall in he company means they have a LOT of common experiences to draw from going forward. Unlike an outsider, those four are as immersed in the HMS culture as you can possibly be.

Regarding Brad's involvement at RFR, I think it will boil down to he and Jack
making decissions on the racing while Fenway continues to run the office and control the funds. To me that has been the problem for years because Fenway is more profits than winning.
Maybe Fenway has seen the light and realises that winning cars bring in more sponsor money.
Personally I think RFR will be better off with the two drivers ready for 2022
and working togeather with the new car.

Denny posted this to his IG stories
Name on the belt, check. 23XI on the chest, check, NASCAR Cup Series patch, check. Wonder what this is about?
2B1D1753-AC9D-453D-9F7B-AEF968F4118E.jpeg

Trackhouse is buying out Ganassi???

After today’s events, is this the new path to obtaining charters? Younger team buys an older team to get a charter, personnel, and some good will?

After today’s events, is this the new path to obtaining charters? Younger team buys an older team to get a charter, personnel, and some good will?
I think it helps everyone in that guys like Rudd and Waltrip would have gotten something for their retirement. If Bodine had had a charter his 7 team would have fetched a better price. With the new gen car it is even better because you won't be buying a field full of scrap metal.

In F1 it's been that way for decades, Haas was a notable exception. A new team can take over the existing infrastructure of another team instead of building a completely new one.

didnt trackhouse say that the were going to build a shop in down town nashville.i guess things change fast.

Sounding a lot like 23XII adding a second car and bringing in Kurt Busch to drive. I guess they may be the one to get the second RPM charter if the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom