2022 Silly Season

I mean Austin has sponsorship for days and his own marketing agency. It's the reason why Anthony Alfredo got the ride with FRM because of the money behind him. Alfredo is under AD's management team.

I doubt it will be an issue, Jr wants his drivers to bring in money behind them. Not to mention, Austin Dillon has been extremely consistent all season. I'm not sure about other opinions, but I think he's more than earned his spot.

That's if Jr decides to make a huge move like that.
I too think they'd keep Austin if JRM bought RCR for his sponsors and Austin will bring the equipment home, hes a consistent driver. A 3/8/88 JRM fleet of cars, I'd be snookered into buying the Merch thats for sure.

Cole Pearn family backyard ...

1625769466427.png

Quiet as it has been kept, I didn't want to give Rev a heart attack, but at the time they revised the car, they also added a new engine design that Chevy had developed.

Well this could be something or nothing

Yeah but if I had to bet I'd take SHR over RCR any day, they're in the championship hunt more years than not. Trackhouse is on the way up and shows a lot of potential for a first year team. 23 XI with the money of MJ and TRD behind them, it's more likely than not it's just a matter of time before they're contenders.

Now I hate to say this because I like RCR, but they haven't been in championship contention since Harvick left and not really even competing for wins. Yeah they won a few races but they were all on strategy or plate tracks. They haven't shown the performance in years to just drive up and compete for a win.
They haven't had a driver since Harvick left that can challenge. Actually RCR never was very good. They just happened to win a lot because people were smart enough to keep out of Dale's way. Dale hired and fired his own people while at RCR. Just ask Larry.

They haven't had a driver since Harvick left that can challenge. Actually RCR never was very good. They just happened to win a lot because people were smart enough to keep out of Dale's way. Dale was hired and fired his own people while at RCR.
People moved out of the way for Dale and thats why RCR won all those championships and races? RCR was never really good??

People moved out of the way for Dale and thats why RCR won all those championships and races? RCR was never really good??
Thanks, I knew you would agree with me. Of course I should have said people moved out of the way OR GOT MOVED. :biggrin:

Thanks, I knew you would agree with me. Of course I should have said people moved out of the way OR GOT MOVED. :biggrin:
Well I wouldnt say I was agreeing more like questioning but sure. I was looking to dive deeper into your post but here we are.

I'm sure this could just be someone running with rumors...but this is what the RCR Wikipedia page has said for 4 hours now and usually they revert pretty quick. But more then likely is a troll.

Screenshot_20210708-230700_Chrome.jpg

They haven't had a driver since Harvick left that can challenge. Actually RCR never was very good. They just happened to win a lot because people were smart enough to keep out of Dale's way. Dale hired and fired his own people while at RCR. Just ask Larry.
Fact check. The core people at RCR were there when Dale got there. Kirk Shelmerdine was the crew chief for four of RCR's six titles, and he was at RCR even before Dale's FIRST stint at there. Dale may or may not have gotten Larry Mac moved over to the 31 team, I'm not aware that ANYONE involved has ever alleged that, but even if he did, so what? Do you want to start a list of star drivers that have gotten a crew chief fired or reassigned? Also, the last time I checked, if you want to move somebody out of the way, you have to be fast enough to CATCH them. If you don't like Dale or RCR, that's fine, but asserting that RCR was never that good is just absurd. That does nothing but insult the teams that spent ten years trying to catch up to them.

Did Dale Jr buy RCR over night? Just checking in as that was the scuttlebutt on the interwebs last night

Fact check. The core people at RCR were there when Dale got there. Kirk Shelmerdine was the crew chief for four of RCR's six titles, and he was at RCR even before Dale's FIRST stint at there. Dale may or may not have gotten Larry Mac moved over to the 31 team, I'm not aware that ANYONE involved has ever alleged that, but even if he did, so what? Do you want to start a list of star drivers that have gotten a crew chief fired or reassigned? Also, the last time I checked, if you want to move somebody out of the way, you have to be fast enough to CATCH them. If you don't like Dale or RCR, that's fine, but asserting that RCR was never that good is just absurd. That does nothing but insult the teams that spent ten years trying to catch up to them.
Just for your information, it was Dale Sr. that got me into watching Nascar and I stayed a fan until his death. Only 1 car was ever successful at RCR and that was the #3. Does that mean all the other cars were just as good and had poor drivers or that Dale just got the most from what he had?

Just for your information, it was Dale Sr. that got me into watching Nascar and I stayed a fan until his death. Only 1 car was ever successful at RCR and that was the #3. Does that mean all the other cars were just as good and had poor drivers or that Dale just got the most from what he had?
By the time RCR had other cars, other teams like Hendrick, Roush, and the relatively new JGR and Penske were beginning to catch up to RCR, but for a decade they were CLEARLY the gold standard among race teams. The only other car they had during Dale's lifetime was the 31, and that was Mike Skinner for cripes sake. With Skinner's success in the Truck Series, Childress kind of got cornered into putting him in that car, kind of like how Hendrick got stuck with Brian Vickers. Dale's uncooperative attitude towards having a teammate CLEARLY didn't help the situation either. (I find it ironic and hypocritical that a guy who didn't want a teammate for himself, owned a three car team at the time of his death). Unfortunately for them, other than Harvick, the rest of the drivers they chose (for whatever reason) haven't been ANYBODY that moves the needle as far as I'm concerned. Harvick clearly COULD have kept RCR near the top, but be needed a few years to mature, and by then the landscape had changed quite a LOT. Also never forget how much money the death of Dale Earnhardt took out of that company over time. He was the ultimate cash cow for that team, and without him, that was a huge blow at a time when team budgets were absolutely exploding. I'm not an RCR guy and CERTAINLY not a Roush guy, so it doesn't really matter to me, but would you say Roush was never really very good based on the last ten years without considering the first twenty?

By the time RCR had other cars, other teams like Hendrick, Roush, and the relatively new JGR and Penske were beginning to catch up to RCR, but for a decade they were CLEARLY the gold standard among race teams. The only other car they had during Dale's lifetime was the 31, and that was Mike Skinner for cripes sake. With Skinner's success in the Truck Series, Childress kind of got cornered into putting him in that car, kind of like how Hendrick got stuck with Brian Vickers. Dale's uncooperative attitude towards having a teammate CLEARLY didn't help the situation either. (I find it ironic and hypocritical that a guy who didn't want a teammate for himself, owned a three car team at the time of his death). Unfortunately for them, other than Harvick, the rest of the drivers they chose (for whatever reason) haven't been ANYBODY that moves the needle as far as I'm concerned. Harvick clearly COULD have kept RCR near the top, but be needed a few years to mature, and by then the landscape had changed quite a LOT. Also never forget how much money the death of Dale Earnhardt took out of that company over time. He was the ultimate cash cow for that team, and without him, that was a huge blow at a time when team budgets were absolutely exploding. I'm not an RCR guy and CERTAINLY not a Roush guy, so it doesn't really matter to me, but would you say Roush was never really very good based on the last ten years without considering the first twenty?
That is a whole new subject. Roush cashed in by selling to Fenway who cared only for PROFITS for his investments. Maybe they are trying to become relevant again with the offer to Brad K. but I doubt that will work as long as Fenway controls the purses.

That is a whole new subject. Roush cashed in by selling to Fenway who cared only for PROFITS for his investments. Maybe they are trying to become relevant again with the offer to Brad K. but I doubt that will work as long as Fenway controls the purses.
I don't disagree with you on Fenway at all. I don't see ONE positive thing that partnership has accomplished other than fattening Jack's bank account. Jack was already his own worst enemy most of the time, he didn't need any more help. Even though Mark Martin claims he and Jack are really tight now, that didn't stop him from recounting all the things Jack and his management team mucked up over the years on his podcast.

Back
Top Bottom