2022 Silly Season

I think the number placement looks stupid. I hate it. And the mockups of how the car looks with the number in the normal place looks to me, that the sponsor doesn’t loose any advertising space. However I’m intrigued by the colored roll cage. Instead of the red that’s showed, I’d like to see what it’d look like in Monster Green...I think that’d be very cool looking

FB_IMG_1630164239349.jpg

:lilangel:

I abhor the forward number placement.
Why wouldn't NASCAR just let each team decide for themselves???
It's not like Betty Sue is still in the press box with her notepad counting laps.
For those that say it is an irrelevant change, I completely agree. Make a size requirement and let the artists and ad executives work their magic.

Jordan Bianchi (The Athletic) continues to talk about a potential deal between 23XI and Front Row Motorsports. Could 23XI be buying FRM outright? Just buying one charter from the #38 car? Bianchi doesn't know, but expects the situation to clarify within a few weeks.

23XI already has one charter and definitely wants one more (for Kurt Busch). I'd be surprised if they want two more, but it is possible. It could be leased out for 2022, perhaps leased back to FRM to run Michael McDowell in the 34 car.

Other groups possibly seeking charters are GMS Racing and JR Motorsports. And Rick Ware controls four charters but says he wants to field two stronger cars next year (which I take as him saying he wants to sell two charters).

What are the odds 23XI gets a charter from Front Row *and* GMS and JRM each get one from Rick Ware? Probably a longshot for all that to happen, but surely the odds are greater than zero..:bazooka:
The initial plans for the 23XI shop show rooms for 4 teams.

I do not personally mind the number placement change. Designers and teams will figure out better applications. However, this may be approaching CoT wing territory with how fervent and prevalent the negative reactions are. This could result in a reversal sometime next year if better schemes don't come about quickly.

The #9 looks legitimately better to me than anything they are running this year. This placement can be done well, but requires a recalibration.
IMO both of those designs really benefit from colored wheels to accent the scheme on the car. Take that away and the schemes don’t come to life fully.

I really hope NASCAR allows the wheels to be powder coated or painted.

Yeah I think if Hooters is on the 9 car as a primary next year, they would do well do copy that design
They would need to get permission from Lefty Designs, who is the creator of that scheme.

He also put his own spin on Kurt’s scheme and IMO it looks tons better. NASCAR introduced a terrible scheme to announce the new number placement. If the design was actually good, I don’t think the feedback would have been so negative.

For me, it's not just the number placement. It's the number placement on top of NA18D, Overtime, Playoffs, Stages and all the other bull**** NASCAR's changed.
Overtime is one of the good things they done. I like seeing races actually finish under green. Thought you liked it also. The other stuff I can agree with (besides the numbers) as it actually changes things about the racing.

Im with ya. It looks ****** moronic. They look like Hot Wheels cars you’d get in a Happy Meal. And I highly doubt Fortune 500’s will start shelling out the cheddar over half a foot of quarter panel space, or an extra logo slapped on the center of the door.

Just another change for the sake of change. Oh well. Vroom vroom I guess.

Exactly. Looks like a 5-year-old was given a car and a sheet of stickers, and wasn't smart enough to figure out where they are supposed to go.

The number placement isn't bringing any new sponsors into the sport, period. Like someone else said, just let the teams/sponsors decide where to put the number. If they want to move it closer to the front just a bit, fine, whatever. But sticking it way up next to the wheel looks incredibly stupid.

It's funny and kind of ironic to see some of you complain about us complaining. Aesthetics may not matter as much to you, and I'm OK with that. You won't hear me complain that you guys don't care about the number placement.

Overtime is one of the good things they done. I like seeing races actually finish under green. Thought you liked it also. The other stuff I can agree with (besides the numbers) as it actually changes things about the racing.

Honestly, I would like to see Overtime changed to where its based on the length of the track instead of the arbitrary two laps, and limit attempts. I'm getting sour on it because of how many races just turn into ****shows because NASCAR wants Overtime.

The argument of how bad the number change is makes one thing come to my mind

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Exactly. Looks like a 5-year-old was given a car and a sheet of stickers, and wasn't smart enough to figure out where they are supposed to go.

The number placement isn't bringing any new sponsors into the sport, period. Like someone else said, just let the teams/sponsors decide where to put the number. If they want to move it closer to the front just a bit, fine, whatever. But sticking it way up next to the wheel looks incredibly stupid.

It's funny and kind of ironic to see some of you complain about us complaining. Aesthetics may not matter as much to you, and I'm OK with that. You won't hear me complain that you guys don't care about the number placement.
We’re supposed to like and agree with everything NASCAR does. No dissenting, disagreement, concerns...or else you will be ridiculed for complaining by The brigade. You should know this already, you’ve been here longer than me. Cheeky comments aside my Silly Season thread has been turned into a 2022 paint schemes thread!

We’re supposed to like and agree with everything NASCAR does. No dissenting, disagreement, concerns...or else you will be ridiculed for complaining by The brigade. You should know this already, you’ve been here longer than me. Cheeky comments aside my Silly Season thread has been turned into a 2022 paint schemes thread!

Meanwhile, TV ratings agree with those of us who don't give unconditional, absolutist support to NASCAR and all their changes.

Meanwhile, TV ratings agree with those of us who don't give unconditional, absolutist support to NASCAR and all their changes.
Ah but the thinking is “who needs em?” They’ll be replaced anyway or die off! I will watch either way, but I think I try to understand both sides of it. We just live in a world of constant change..for better or worse

Tiresome. Who are the members of The Brigade? Or is this just a blanket swipe at anyone who doesn't see things your way?

When you need to resort to hyperbole to make a point, you have no point.

Tiresome. Who are the members of The Brigade? Or is this just a blanket swipe at anyone who doesn't see things your way?

When you need to resort to hyperbole to make a point, you have no point.
Well your sarcastic swipes at those who disagree with whatever change comes down the pike from NASCAR is tiresome. You’ve been guilty of it, but I know you’ll try to make me look stupid for this one and I’ll frankly be disappointed if you don’t. I gather from our time here you’re probably a bit older than me. You can read through and decide for yourself who I was talking about, I don’t feel it necessary to get into a pissing contest with another grown man on an Internet forum. There are posters here who think their opinion is holier than though, it’s not a shot at you or anyone else...it’s the truth. Everytime someone disagrees with something NASCAR or the sport does, they’re called complainers, death bedders or made to look stupid or uneducated. You’ve been guilty of it. I probably have too in some respects. There are some good posters here who bring relevant discussion and every once in a while don’t like a change. I find that okay. I just don’t think it’s fair to expect a guy or gal to be in 100% support of what NASCAR does. People like different things. Why do they need to be in support of 100% unison of what the sport does?

Last edited:
It's the droning repetition, sir. Stock in trade.

Other than naming me, you didn't answer the question.

Back
Top Bottom