2022 Silly Season

Thank you Denny and Lefty. Some of us have been trying to get that thru that it was a publicity shot and that Nascar wasn't involved.
Thank goodness for clarification.

Without it, the Not A Brigade brigade would still be burying the crash-test dummy and explaining the pending supply chain crisis.

It's the droning repetition, sir. Stock in trade.

Other than naming me, you didn't answer the question.
Are you finding me myself in repetition? Or the general complaints? If it’s general complaints I can sympathize with that, sometimes the complaining comes hot and heavy here. But I don’t think it’s same complaints or posters every time. I think the ones who would hijack a thread have fallen by the wayside, maybe I’m missing something but generally lately there’s been some good give and take here. You’ve also cornered me in the past about answering a question of yours when I made a blanket statement and I’m not gonna do it this time either. I legit feel bad having a dispute with you as I generally enjoy our interactions, I’m not gonna hijack this thread naming names and going after people, you can say sure I brought it to this point but I find it counterproductive and time wasting feuding with people on this board, I was just commenting on something I perceived.

Not A Brigade brigade
1630180783424.gif

We've heard a lot lately about "multiyear" driver contracts that turn out to be one year guaranteed followed by team options. However, unlike Busch's situation with SHR, it is difficult to envision 23XI desiring to push him out in favor of anyone else.
Well JHN or Ty Gibbs may certainly be an exception.

We've heard a lot lately about "multiyear" driver contracts that turn out to be one year guaranteed followed by team options. However, unlike Busch's situation with SHR, it is difficult to envision 23XI desiring to push him out in favor of anyone else.
Until the cash stops showing up. Right now 23XI has 2 guys that are more or less cash cows. I get it Kurt brings a ton of talent but I dont think he'd be pursued as much if it wasn't for the monster money

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bacarella becomes a part-owner and driver for the team, sharing the car with Martins and current ARCA East driver Rajah Caruth.
Tommy Joe Martins, Caesar Bacarella Partner to Form Alpha Prime Racing for 2022 Xfinity Season - Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
That's freaking awesome him getting this chance with Tommy Joe.

He's high on his potential and has spoken about it, so its cool to see this come together. A very raw prospect, but his work ethic is insane and he's all about it.

So this is pretty much wrapping it up for 21? We await what Matty D will do, If JR Motorsports buying a Cup charter, GMS also, Newman will he stay or go...and I think that’s about it

So this is pretty much wrapping it up for 21? We await what Matty D will do, If JR Motorsports buying a Cup charter, GMS also, Newman will he stay or go...and I think that’s about it
none to be resolved during the chase.

In all seriousness, can someone explain this? Usually I get these things, but not this one.
For the most part, I've learned to stop asking. Even with COW's explanation of that one, I still don't get what Rogers has to do with number placement. But please, don't anyone waste time explaining; I probably still won't get it.

For the most part, I've learned to stop asking. Even with COW's explanation of that one, I still don't get what Rogers has to do with number placement. But please, don't anyone waste time explaining; I probably still won't get it.

Rodgers told everyone to relax during a press conference several years ago. Apparently O'Donnell thought it was a good idea to use that reference to further alienate his fanbase. This decision also shows he lacked the foresight to understand it would come back to bite him when the number placement would inevitably change for good.

Just the one car for JTGD next year.

I'm sure a lot of people are thinking Ricky gets the seat over Preece. I largely agree with that.

HOWEVER...while Ricky is much more consistent, Preece has gotten 4 top 10s this year and Stenhouse has gotten 2. Also, Ricky's average finish is worse than his average start, while Preece typically finishes higher than where he starts. Also Preece has quietly become an incredible plate track racer... here are his plate track finishes starting with last week's Daytona race working backwards thru the points-paying plate races.... 4, 14, 6, 10, 37, 15, 29, 18, 32, 3, 8
. Yes these things are crap-shoots but numerous times he's demonstrated amazing car control and saves at Talledaga and Daytona. 5 top 10s and only 2 sub-30th place finishes in 11 races is extremely enviable.

This is how I keep my hope alive Preece can stay in a competitive seat at the Cup level. I don't care if practice/qualifying ever comes back... without it Preece has been able to drive his modified a bunch up here in the Northeast. A few weeks ago at his hometrack of Stafford he put on a show coming from 18th or so to the win in a dozen laps after getting put back in the pack from a pit stop. One hellova show at the track where he wow'd us for over a decade.

I'm sure a lot of people are thinking Ricky gets the seat over Preece. I largely agree with that.

HOWEVER...while Ricky is much more consistent, Preece has gotten 4 top 10s this year and Stenhouse has gotten 2. Also, Ricky's average finish is worse than his average start, while Preece typically finishes higher than where he starts. Also Preece has quietly become an incredible plate track racer... here are his plate track finishes starting with last week's Daytona race working backwards thru the points-paying plate races.... 4, 14, 6, 10, 37, 15, 29, 18, 32, 3, 8
. Yes these things are crap-shoots but numerous times he's demonstrated amazing car control and saves at Talledaga and Daytona. 5 top 10s and only 2 sub-30th place finishes in 11 races is extremely enviable.

This is how I keep my hope alive Preece can stay in a competitive seat at the Cup level. I don't care if practice/qualifying ever comes back... without it Preece has been able to drive his modified a bunch up here in the Northeast. A few weeks ago at his hometrack of Stafford he put on a show coming from 18th or so to the win in a dozen laps after getting put back in the pack from a pit stop. One hellova show at the track where he wow'd us for over a decade.
Preece is cooked, at least IMHO.

KHI will make sure he's somewhere next season. Preece in a more competitive Truck or Xfinity ride will be fun to watch. I liked him in the DGR stable, they need a veteran like Preece to bring in along side Deegan and Tanner Gray.

Just the one car for JTGD next year.

Brad has been invested in the Cup series for years and gets knocked a charter. We were sold charters as if they were rewarding invested teams and creating a more diverse and competitive field.

Oof.

Preece is cooked, at least IMHO.

KHI will make sure he's somewhere next season. Preece in a more competitive Truck or Xfinity ride will be fun to watch. I liked him in the DGR stable, they need a veteran like Preece to bring in along side Deegan and Tanner Gray.

I tend to agree he won't get a good enough Cup ride next season. I also agree he'll get a decent ride in Xfinity or Trucks. I think he could be great for grooming rookies.

Brad has been invested in the Cup series for years and gets knocked a charter. We were sold charters as if they were rewarding invested teams and creating a more diverse and competitive field.

Oof.

Bubba has posted 2 top 10s with 23XI. Suarez has posted 3. Preece and Stenhouse have posted 6. All drivers have pretty much the same average finish.

JTG isn't the shiny new toy... I guess there's no "thank you" for being in the garage the past dozen years.

Oof.
You seem much more concerned about this than Brad does.

The charter system has never been more healthy.

Oof.
Meanwhile RWR has 4. And now Spire has 2 again.

Meanwhile JTG, Dale Jr, 23XI, and GMS all can’t get seem to get one. What’s wrong with this picture?

Back
Top Bottom