2022 Silly Season

and the deathbedders are still deathbedding every chance they get :laugh:
I understand that to certain people this stuff is important but to me, I have other crap that ranks so much higher.

The health and happiness of my kid, oh and me, too. Do I have a roof over my head and food to eat? How am I going to come up with $5000 for a bathroom remodel? My glucose level was high on my blood work.

I'm a simple woman.

I don't think what we're lacking is another sponsor logo on the side of the car lol. I guess the hood, quarter panel, deck lid, roll cage x30, hat, fire suit, sometimes helmet, hauler, pit box, etc. isn't enough...

I don't think what we're lacking is another sponsor logo on the side of the car lol. I guess the hood, quarter panel, deck lid, roll cage x30, hat, fire suit, sometimes helmet, hauler, pit box, etc. isn't enough...
The quarter panels of the next gen car are shorter, offering less real estate for the sponsor logo. That's what people continue to miss.

The quarter panels of the next gen car are shorter, offering less real estate for the sponsor logo. That's what people continue to miss.
That's fine, slide the number up a bit to make room for wherever the quarter panel logo needs to go. Throwing it all the way up by the front fender and slapping an additional logo on the car isn't the same thing though. It's not needed.

That's fine, slide the number up a bit to make room for wherever the quarter panel logo needs to go. Throwing it all the way up by the front fender and slapping an additional logo on the car isn't the same thing though. It's not needed.
Dude it's a current gen chassis we saw with a next gen body grafted to it, so the proportions look goofy, and it's ONE paint scheme out of 40 per week. Plenty of them are going to look good. Wait and see.

We're still racing though.

I guess that is all that matters then. I was a HUGE fan of the ASA Series, as big as you could be. Then the series was sold, then they lost their title sponsor, and then they lost their TV deal, BUT they were STILL racing. And then one day they WEREN'T, and and in almost twenty years since then, they still aren't and NOBODY has stepped up to fill the void they filled. Just a precautionary tale.

I guess that is all that matters then. I was a HUGE fan of the ASA Series, as big as you could be. Then the series was sold, then they lost their title sponsor, and then they lost their TV deal, BUT they were STILL racing. And then one day they WEREN'T, and and in almost twenty years since then, they still aren't and NOBODY has stepped up to fill the void they filled. Just a precautionary tale.
I know and if that day comes for NASCAR then I will be sad but the world will not come to an end for me. I am enjoying it now. I am enjoying that Kurt is racing 1 more year.

Expenses > Experience

I haven't seen any mention of length of the deal for Kurt. We expect that it's a 1 year deal? Seems to be the norm for monster

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Execution is everything with it.

Lefty is a wonderfully talented artist and has an eye for racing schemes. Which is something the sponsors cant afford to pay for above the cost of the actual sponsor. So for the most part, we get meh schemes from the field.

I know and if that day comes for NASCAR then I will be sad but the world will not come to an end for me. I am enjoying it now. I am enjoying that Kurt is racing 1 more year.

My interests are broad and varied from world politics to historic steam engines and muscle cars, but THIS is about NASCAR, and I would prefer that it exists at LEAST until I'm dead. I also have compassion for the people that earn a living in this sport, a few of which are old friends, and I don't want to seem them put out in the street. That's hell of a lot more important to me than whether my favorite driver drives for another year.

On another complete herp derp side note, how did I miss that the gaping air ducts to slow down the leader are gone from the nose of the Next Gen car? Oh well...

My interests are broad and varied from world politics to historic steam engines and muscle cars, but THIS is about NASCAR, and I would prefer that it exists at LEAST until I'm dead. I also have compassion for the people that earn a living in this sport, a few of which are old friends, and I don't want to seem them put out in the street. That's hell of a lot more important to me than whether my favorite driver drives for another year.

What about after your dead?

The number placement on that 45 car looks absolutely terrible. Yes I'm going to complain about it, no I don't care to hear you complain about me complaining. If it doesn't bother you, great, that's fine with me. But for those of us that don't like it, we are entitled to our opinion as well.

Is it a big enough deal that I'm going to quit watching NASCAR? Of course not. But if the rest of the cars look anything near as bad as that 45 car, I'm certainly done buying diecasts or any merch with a picture of the car on it. Which is a shame, because the next gen car itself looks pretty damn cool.

Im with ya. It looks ****** moronic. They look like Hot Wheels cars you’d get in a Happy Meal. And I highly doubt Fortune 500’s will start shelling out the cheddar over half a foot of quarter panel space, or an extra logo slapped on the center of the door.

Just another change for the sake of change. Oh well. Vroom vroom I guess.

It's entertainment. There are other forms of racing, and other ways to kill time.

Back
Top Bottom