2022 Silly Season

I don't think it would've been a great idea to put Zane in a Cup car already.
You can still be affiliated with a team. IMHO, Zane would be a good fit Kaulig or any RCR backed team. Chip and company could have slid him in somewhere because he still is a GM backed development driver.

I do not think he had the funding to stay with JRM.

Ford Performance needs a driver like Zane... Just sayin'.

You can still be affiliated with a team. IMHO, Zane would be a good fit Kaulig or any RCR backed team. Chip and company could have slid him in somewhere because he still is a GM backed development driver.

I do not think he had the funding to stay with JRM.

If he's lacking funding it seems even more strange to me he'd be in a cup car. 2 ways to get a cup ride 1) Talent 2) buy it.

He has potential but I don't see him anywhere near ready for cup.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If he's lacking funding it seems even more strange to me he'd be in a cup car. 2 ways to get a cup ride 1) Talent 2) buy it.

He has potential but I don't see him anywhere near ready for cup.

Chip has taken on a lot of drivers without significant funding.

Even then I don't recall him throwing then directly into cup.

I agree there. That would be a huge leap forward.

StarCom officially announces their charter has been sold:

No word on if they will go part-time or anything next season.

I remember the deathbedders saying these charters won't be worth anything, and there won't be any demand for them. What happened?

I remember the deathbedders saying these charters won't be worth anything, and there won't be any demand for them. What happened?
I think the problem is the price of the charters are drastically over inflated right now. In 5 years it may be very hard to sell one for what you're paying now.

In 5 years it will be hard to buy one for what they're paying now.

Last edited:
The Seattle Kraken just paid off the last of their $650,000,000 NHL Expansion Fee.

In 1967, when the NHL went from the original six to 12 teams, the expansion fee was $2 million US — equivalent to $15 million in today's terms, adjusted for inflation.

When Ottawa and Tampa Bay joined the league in 1992, the price was $45 million ($81 million in 2018 dollars).

The Nashville Predators paid $80 million in 1998 ($124 million today).

The rate of inflation for a new NHL franchise is now running somewhere in the Venezuela range. The expansion fee hit $500 million US when the Vegas Golden Knights joined the league just two years ago ($526 million in 2018), and it's now 30 per cent higher with the Seattle announcement today.

I lowkey kinda would have been cool to see someone make the gamble to the Cup Series. I think Zane has talent lol.

NBC doesn’t believe in good reporters or lead announcers anymore apparently

I thought this was pretty interesting, I'd have to say my favorite driver of the 42 is a tie between Juan Montoya and Kyle Larson.

*Sighs*

I'll go put on my MOPP gear.
Nice weather for it, at least. The temperature has dropped to where it would almost be comfortable, and that strong wind should dissipate any smoke or CS quickly. Start at 'suits and boots' until agents are actually deployed.

I agree, whether it's Zane or somebody else, Ford needs to get an upcoming superstar that can really drive. They have Deegan for the marketing value but she's not looking like a driver that will ever be contending for Cup wins, just my opinion.

I think if she doesn't win in the trucks next year they're gonna be in a tough place with her, because she has SO much social media presence that it's hard to pass up, but if she never wins a truck race and they just proceed to push her up the ladder then she will be the next Danica and fizzle out.

No idea what the longterm plan for Tanner Gray is.

I thought this was pretty interesting, I'd have to say my favorite driver of the 42 is a tie between Juan Montoya and Kyle Larson.

Ganassi took some educated risks, hiring Juan Pablo from open wheel, and Larson from the dirt racing family, both without any experience and threw them in Cup racing without a net. He will be missed

Ganassi took some educated risks, hiring Juan Pablo from open wheel, and Larson from the dirt racing family, both without any experience and threw them in Cup racing without a net. He will be missed
Chip is probably my favorite CART/Indy Car owner, I really thought he’d do better than he did in NASCAR. I was very excited when he announced Montoya coming to NASCAR. Pretty sure it was a race I was at at Chicagoland Speedway in 06

RPM is bringing in David Elanz next season, Gragson's now former CC, to pair up with Erik Jones:

No lie, this could be scary pairing. I wonder if Baxter is going to team back up with Bubba? Even with the NextGen car, I have a feeling Erik Jones is going to breakout in a big way. He's had a fantastic season with RPM, like Bubba said, he knows RPM is in great hands to move forward.

RPM is bringing in David Elanz next season, Gragson's now former CC, to pair up with Erik Jones:

No lie, this could be scary pairing. I wonder if Baxter is going to team back up with Bubba? Even with the NextGen car, I have a feeling Erik Jones is going to breakout in a big way. He's had a fantastic season with RPM, like Bubba said, he knows RPM is in great hands to move forward.

That was one pairing I made a note of. He is going to have to work his ass off, but Jr. says he already does that at JRM

I wonder what Jeb Burton has lined up for next year. His comments on social media indicate he has something lined up, just waiting to announce it.

I wonder what Jeb Burton has lined up for next year. His comments on social media indicate he has something lined up, just waiting to announce it.

Curious to hear as well. It’ll likely be a step down, but we’ll see

Back
Top Bottom