2022 Silly Season

On the flip side why not go with a guy that hasn't had a 2 year chance in top level equipment? Also I think Matt hurt his own stock with his "poor me" videos. Dude they told you a year ago you would be gone. If he would have thanked everyone at Penske for their time and effort I think owners would be more receptive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
As I’ve said before, when he was told this, it was because Brad was gonna be in the 2. Austin had no place to go at Penske. The 2 opens up because Brad is leaving, surely if you’re in the 21, the car Austin is set to go to because Penske had no room you think to yourself “Hey, maybe what I was told can change now because every single thing else changed.”

Like I said, the logic can’t apply to him. Shame.

Welcome, NC.

It's the home of the RCR campus.
1631661201671.gif

What a world we live in if RWR is the factory Dodge team that brings the manufacturer back to the sport

I can think of nothing better guaranteed to doom a Dodge return to Cup than partnering with RW(sb)R.
Maybe it's actually an opportunity for RWR. New car and maybe a factory team for a new manufacturer (Dodge)? I realize it's more likely that I will start s***ting out roses and gold, but who knows.

:XXROFL: :XXROFL: 🤷‍♂️

So, you’re saying that a driver could be bad at one top team…..but….good at another top team…
Certainly that is quite possible. Joey is a fine example. I believe Joey never got a chance because of who his CC was and who his team mates were. Has anyone survived having Bush and Hamlin as team mates?
That should change with Baby Gibbs joining.

Certainly that is quite possible. Joey is a fine example. I believe Joey never got a chance because of who his CC was and who his team mates were. Has anyone survived having Bush and Hamlin as team mates?
A great combination. When he doesn't win immediately, Kyle can take him under his wing and they can both "Kryal" for a while.
Say this as someone who, while I don't like Ty, I don't dislike him and while I don't like Kyle I do respect him, again as I have said before I respect ALL drivers regardless of personal opinion.

:pbjtime: :pbjtime: :pbjtime: 😜 ;) ;) :puffin:💩:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

MTJ has done a fine job.

Joey was what brought it up tho. He was on one of the best teams. Didn’t do much with it. But went to another great team and did. So my point was, Matty D could do the exact same thing.

MTJ has done a fine job.

Joey was what brought it up tho. He was on one of the best teams. Didn’t do much with it. But went to another great team and did. So my point was, Matty D could do the exact same thing.
You just never know because we don't really have the best information. Was Matty on the mark in saying their poor performance was do to teem personal?
We have seen this time and again where the CC and driver combo can make all the difference.
I would like to say that Blaney ( until this season) has been nothing more than a one win driver and his results were nothing compared to Joey and Brad and
yet he is considered a top driver. Why was that?
I think Matty is/was worthy of a good ride however he does/did need some good PR coaching.

You just never know because we don't really have the best information. Was Matty on the mark in saying their poor performance was do to teem personal?
We have seen this time and again where the CC and driver combo can make all the difference.
I would like to say that Blaney ( until this season) has been nothing more than a one win driver and his results were nothing compared to Joey and Brad and
yet he is considered a top driver. Why was that?
I think Matty is/was worthy of a good ride however he does/did need some good PR coaching.
It’s really hard to tell sometimes for sure. I think it’s easier to tell if you have like 2-3 great rides, then it’s like you had a few chances on a few good teams. I do know with Matt once he said stuff was clicking and coming together for the team, results for better with his new CC. So clearly something was not right before that. I love to see him get at least one more Quality ride before I write him off. Sadly nothing really seems to be open for him to get, unless someone else lost a good ride. If he has to move back down for a season to prove himself so be it. I would love to see him have success

MTJ has done a fine job.

Maybe, but lets not start thinking that Matt has Joey’s level of talent. Matt is good IMO but he’s not consistently fighting for wins and top 10s every weekend.

Guessing that charter is going over to 23XI

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Spire obtained their charter already.

If anything, FRM downsizes to one car and 23XI takes the 38 car charter.

Also, FRM supposedly wants to go Xfinity racing. Todd Gilliland will probably end up moving up sooner than later.

Sigh.... Message board etiquette, @Kiante . If another poster makes an error, you're supposed to viciously attack and shame them, asserting your dominance. Come on, kid. Get with it.
... Not quite my thing, I could be an a**hole, but honestly whats the point?

Hell, I could be wrong as well and most of the time I'am. It's okay, its just all speculation here about moves being made.

I personally think DiBenedetto can be a title contender in the future. Ford as a whole has struggled this season. That has to be taken in consideration when judging his performance. He has done quite well given the circumstances.

Even if Matt made it to the Round of 8, he was going to be out of the #21 at the end of the year. His performance was never an issue; he was a seat-warmer from the time the D500 green flag waved. He should have been looking for a '22 ride in February '21.

Even if Matt made it to the Round of 8, he was going to be out of the #21 at the end of the year. His performance was never an issue; he was a seat-warmer from the time the D500 green flag waved. He should have been looking for a '22 ride in February '21.
He was out of the #21 car, not out as a driver at Penske and a free agent.

The news of Brad’s leaving made everyone assume that Matt would simply move to the #12 or even the #2. People here who are so down on Matt were even saying that. Nobody expected Matt to be gone from Penske all together and replaced by a rookie.

Maybe, but lets not start thinking that Matt has Joey’s level of talent. Matt is good IMO but he’s not consistently fighting for wins and top 10s every weekend.
Oh 100% I mean I wasn’t exactly saying that. Just that everything has to click just right, even on a good team. Which is why I think he deserves another shot somewhere

I expected Matt to be gone from Penske altogether at the conclusion of the 2021 season.

Had he been listening carefully, Matt would have agreed.
So before all the announcements was made of who’s gonna be in what cars after it was known Brad was leaving, who would you have had in the 2? Who would you have had in the 21. :) let’s hear your thoughts on that.

Back
Top Bottom