2022 Silly Season

Hemric to Kaulig next season, I wonder if Poppy Bank is leaving him?
Man this has to be his last shot in a good ride. He hasn't been able to seal the deal in full seasons with RCR and JGR

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man this has to be his last shot in a good ride. He hasn't been able to seal the deal in full seasons with RCR and JGR

I mean yes, but statistically Hemric is a top 5 driver in the Xfinity series.

No denying that. Most top 5s without a win, highest top 5 percentage without a win, etc.

No wins, but hell he's a better driver that what he's given credit for. I have no issue with him being in a Xfinity top-tier ride. He performs well every season with the seat.

As a team owner ( looking at financials ) Hemric is a very good driver. Maybe they hope for some wins out of him BUT there is nothing wrong bringing home top 5 money all the time. It isn't hard to find a sponsor that likes to be on camera a lot because the car is running up front. Hemric is only one step away from being considered a top driver.

Yeah, but the hard truth is, if you can't win in a JGR Xfinity car, you're not likely to win ANYWHERE. I can understand the top ten them to death mentality at the Cup level, but it just seems to me that top tier Xfinity teams should be looking at guys that can put it in victory lane. Alas, the power of having sponsorship dollars behind you.

Yeah, but the hard truth is, if you can't win in a JGR Xfinity car, you're not likely to win ANYWHERE. I can understand the top ten them to death mentality at the Cup level, but it just seems to me that top tier Xfinity teams should be looking at guys that can put it in victory lane. Alas, the power of having sponsorship dollars behind you.
How did that work out for Joey with JGR top cars?
How about JJ in Xfinity versus cup?
JGR or RCR, it still depends on your CC and crew.

Does Cole (Joe) Custer get a ride for life being 28th in points in an SHR car??? Dudes gotta pick up the pace next year or constructive criticism not a thing?

Why aren’t some guys (Byron, Chastain, Erik, Bubba, Blaney, Custer, etc) running more Busch & Truck races for the ego and confidence boost like Kyle lol.

Very surprised seeing the 41 car this far off every week.

Does Cole (Joe) Custer get a ride for life being 28th in points in an SHR car??? Dudes gotta pick up the pace next year
Compared to what? The 14 is 23rd and the 10 would be back there as well if it wasn't for the 1 win putting him in the top 16

Compared to what? The 14 is 23rd and the 10 would be back there as well if it wasn't for the 1 win putting him in the top 16

Yeah the 14 is like 100 points ahead of the 41 and Chase actually looks competitive. And Almirola did win this year (on a 750 track) that’s the difference.

Custer has to show improvement.

Last edited:
Joey DID win in JGR Xfinity cars. I just think he got rushed to Cup a year too soon. JJ was with a mediocre Busch team, not a world beater like JGR, so what he did in that car really doesn't apply. Everybody here seems to think they know who Matty D. is. I'm telling you that Hemric in a JGR Xfinity car is as good as you are going to get out of him, and if he can't become a consistent winner there, he's not going to be one ANYWHERE. Ditto for Harrison Burton. Take the sponsorhip dollars away and no upper echelon Cup team is giving either of these guys even a second look. Just my opinion.

Name one driver that had several starts in JGR Xfinity equipment without a win and is successful in cup?

Does Cole (Joe) Custer get a ride for life being 28th in points in an SHR car??? Dudes gotta pick up the pace next year or constructive criticism not a thing?

Why aren’t some guys (Byron, Chastain, Erik, Bubba, Blaney, Custer, etc) running more Busch & Truck races for the ego and confidence boost like Kyle lol.

Very surprised seeing the 41 car this far off every week.

Custer has money behind him .......that's why he get's a ride.......sort of like Paul Menard

Custer has money behind him .......that's why he get's a ride.......sort of like Paul Menard

Im not denying that, I just think it’s funny we can’t criticize some of these guys at least constructively once in a while if they’re locked into a seat until they’re 40.

He had a good rookie year, but I he’s getting beat by all SHR cars and all Roush cars

I actually liked seeing his emotion of tackling Nemechek like that but where has Custer been this year?

I wish some of these guys would ego boost like Kyle some weeks TBH.

Im not denying that, I just think it’s funny we can’t criticize some of these guys at least constructively once in a while if they’re locked into a seat until they’re 40.

He had a good rookie year, but I he’s getting beat by all SHR cars and all Roush cars

I actually liked seeing his emotion of tackling Nemechek like that but where has Custer been this year?

I wish some of these guys would ego boost like Kyle some weeks TBH.

totally agree,
we don't hear him voicing his disgust in finishing in the 20's
hopefully he's voicing it in the shop on Monday

all we hear and see is the perfect sponsor shill

His dad is president of SHR - and that's huge obviously, but I suspect with a large professional organization like Haas/SHR, his dad being the president can only go so far. At some point if he isn't getting the job done, it's not in interest of the team to have him in a seat. But that probably gets him a longer leash than most.

His dad is president of SHR - and that's huge obviously, but I suspect with a large professional organization like Haas/SHR, his dad being the president can only go so far. At some point if he isn't getting the job done, it's not in interest of the team to have him in a seat. But that probably gets him a longer leash than most.
I'm no Cole fan but with all this Xfinity wins a couple years ago and winning a CUP race last season I don't think they'll be pulling the plug on that one anytime soon.

Yeah I would think around 5 years if Custer isn't improving the heat would be on. SHR doesn't seem to blow them in and out like some teams and none of them are running that great this year.

That's a good guess. GMS has been hiring youngsters. GMS going to cup and the loss of Creed in the trucks leaves a big ? for me.

Last edited:
I'm no Cole fan but with all this Xfinity wins a couple years ago and winning a CUP race last season I don't think they'll be pulling the plug on that one anytime soon.

I think SHR is looking at this year as a whole as a mulligan. New car next year, save all judgements until then. They're just way off and they know it.

iam wondering when he will think this isnt fun and go try something differrent.like a full time ride in imsa

Oh...how about Penske? Unlikely with his long time Chevy ties but it could fit. SHR is gonna need a marquee hire soon too.
You've got to be kidding. It's just my opinion, but Jimmie needs to disappear like Carl Edwards to stop the constant embarrassment that he is heaping upon himself.

In the long run, it won't really matter... his legacy will shine brightly despite the embarrassment of him hanging on way too long like DW did and Richard did and many others. But for a period of years from now until the "long run" arrives, JJ/48 is just tarnishing his legacy and I hate to see it.

Back
Top Bottom