2022 Silly Season

Front Row looks like a good fit for him or Newman if Alfredo or Herbst don’t bring a lot of cash.

Pretty sure his stats are better than that of all of SHR besides Harvick.

Damn. We gonna laugh at a man who wants to be able to speak what he believes? Lmao. Y’all just hating Matty D to hate the man now and it’s ridiculous

Agreed. I don’t understand the DiBennedetto hate. Wish he would get the 22 X car or the 38 or a Ware car.

Damn. We gonna laugh at a man who wants to be able to speak what he believes? Lmao. Y’all just hating Matty D to hate the man now and it’s ridiculous
Oh nah, I just find the timing of this statement as hilarious.

Why make a statement like this while looking for a ride? It's more detrimental than anything else, however I'm sure someone will view this as being the guy for someone.

Agreed. I don’t understand the DiBennedetto hate. Wish he would get the 22 X car or the 38 or a Ware car.
I just hope whatever he gets, he can be happy, show what he can do, and just enjoy himself. From everything I seen he seems to be a very likeable person.

Oh nah, I just find the timing of this statement as hilarious.

Why make a statement like this while looking for a ride? It's more detrimental than anything else, however I'm sure someone will view this as being the guy for someone.
It wasn’t even just you tbh. More or so the others. Like so many replies after from the same people who constantly put him down just doing it again, and I find it so stupid. As long as the stuff he’s saying isn’t hateful or anything, it’s all good in my books. If he started spouting off hate speech and everything, that be one thing. But I don’t feel he would do that.

It wasn’t even just you tbh. More or so the others. Like so many replies after from the same people who constantly put him down just doing it again, and I find it so stupid. As long as the stuff he’s saying isn’t hateful or anything, it’s all good in my books. If he started spouting off hate speech and everything, that be one thing. But I don’t feel he would do that.
I make fun of everyone tho.

No, we're going to laugh at a man who wants to say what he believes AND expects a sponsor to risk his comments offending their market.

I like him, but his statement as quoted is incredibly naive. Better drivers than he have been in hot water over their personal opinions. Ask Kyle Larson.

For better or worse, in 2021 'hateful' is determined in the mind of the sponsor, as informed by its market, regardless of what the speaker claims his intent was.
Which is dumb. Everyone gets upset over small things, which makes the actual offensive **** get laughed at too. Like they are some things people say that are 100% wrong and offensive, and should be called out. But when all these little small things offend someone, no one’s gonna look and care about the big thing because they will say “everything offends everyone.” Like focus on the true problems at hand people.

(that’s not me saying that about you by the way)

Which is dumb. Everyone gets upset over small things, which makes the actual offensive **** get laughed at too. Like they are some things people say that are 100% wrong and offensive, and should be called out. But when all these little small things offend someone, no one’s gonna look and care about the big thing because they will say “everything offends everyone.” Like focus on the true problems at hand people.

(that’s not me saying that about you by the way)
We all understand that, but the timing of the statement to me was wrong IMHO.

This is something that should be said after getting hired, maybe talking about what the organization is about and why it makes sense in terms of "X, Y, Z".

We all understand that, but the timing of the statement to me was wrong IMHO.

This is something that should be said after getting hired, maybe talking about what the organization is about and why it makes sense in terms of "X, Y, Z".
Maybe so. But some replies just same off snarky and hateful. But if you see how they post in the podium it makes sense also.

I'm 100% NOT against Matt D. I think he's shown the talent needed to have a ride in one of the top 3 series. I guess I just grow tired of the "woe is me" schtick. And what I mean by that is this statement seemed to fit a pattern of his previous statements where it's always poor him fighting against the world. A simple "we've had talks with teams in all three series so I'm excited to show what I can do" would suffice, but he has to shoehorn in that they better not hamstring his religious and political beliefs. If someone does that with me in a job interview, I'm immediately crossing them off in my mind. (even if I agree with them, which I'd bet I do share most of those views in common with Matt.)

I'm 100% NOT against Matt D. I think he's shown the talent needed to have a ride in one of the top 3 series. I guess I just grow tired of the "woe is me" schtick. And what I mean by that is this statement seemed to fit a pattern of his previous statements where it's always poor him fighting against the world. A simple "we've had talks with teams in all three series so I'm excited to show what I can do" would suffice, but he has to shoehorn in that they better not hamstring his religious and political beliefs. If someone does that with me in a job interview, I'm immediately crossing them off in my mind. (even if I agree with them, which I'd bet I do share most of those views in common with Matt.)
Fair enough. I mean I can see where you’re coming from. I guess I just think differently on it because I know what it’s like to be an emotional, wear my heart on my sleeve type of person. So I feel for the guy as I’m the same way sometimes.

Fair enough. I mean I can see where you’re coming from. I guess I just think differently on it because I know what it’s like to be an emotional, wear my heart on my sleeve type of person. So I feel for the guy as I’m the same way sometimes.
I agree that the second part of what Matt said was probably better left unsaid, especially when you are not negotiating from any position of strength. I will also say that IF he had made the SAME proclamation and switched faith and patriotism for two causes on the other side of the aisle, he would likely be getting lauded for his social consciousness and enlightenment.

Ugh. This dude is gonna talent his way into a ride and then ego his way out of it. He doesn’t have a job next season but he wants to be the one setting demands? Gtfoh.

Don’t understand why he can’t be personally passionate about something and just leave it out of his work life. It’s not hard. Nobody is censoring him lol. Theres a lot of topics that I could go on for hours about at work too but I’d get fired in about 5 minutes. That’s not censorship, that’s professionalism.

Remember when we were taught to keep religion and politics out of the office and dinner table? Good times.

Dinger is going to smoke his ass
Possibly, but if you're stating he's the second best driver next season... Then that's saying something, that's if Dinger is the only person to be concerned about.

Going to have two RCR cars, hopefully someone more competent in the 98, and Kaulig is downsizing. JGR is possibly downsizing to three cars next season and JRM. No telling if Penske keeps its Xfinity program open either.

Back
Top Bottom