2022 Silly Season

If he has calls and offers he’s got a ride staring him in the face, but his demands might keep him out of it.
He said calls.

People calling to inquire into his ability to pay to play? I dunno ... what I do know is that he has 4 more races to showcase his talent.

Calls may or may not include an offer. He said calls. You said calls and offers.

You’re getting ahead of yourself. Rather like Matt.

Calls may or may not include an offer. He said calls. You said calls and offers.

You’re getting ahead of yourself. Rather like Matt.

That is one of the worst pieces of “journalism” I have ever read in my life. Every sentence was cringeworthy and reads like it was written by an angsty middle schooler. Good thing its in a blog because it’d get laughed outta town anywhere else.

Maybe it IS part of a marketing plan to pitch himself to a certain segment of potential sponsors. It's a way to stand out from he crowd and possibly get noticed by people not normally paying attention at all, or at least not him. Most (all) of the owners could care less what his views are if he can snag a nice size check from some christian or patriotic organization or company.

Maybe it IS part of a marketing plan to pitch himself to a certain segment of potential sponsors. It's a way to stand out from he crowd and possibly get noticed by people not normally paying attention at all, or at least not him. Most (all) of the owners could care less what his views are if he can snag a nice size check from some christian or patriotic organization or company.
ChristianMingle.com would be an intriguing sponsor, however Morgan Shepard has Matt beat by about... 60 years?

Penske would be dumb to not keep the 22 car open for Harrison, Blaney, Cindric, whoever can bring funding (Marco?).

Herbst is who he is but he brings money to the 98.

Still think Xfinity needs a new Kyle Busch “Cup lite” type for some weekends. Really hope Reddick, one of the Dillons, Blaney, Logano, Hamlin, whoever else can run more races.

Someone who almost won at Bristol and would have very likely done so if not for the run in with Newman, in that ****box that was the 95 car doesn’t have talent y’all. Remember that.
I think he has talent but not enough to overcome how he's been navigating his career. He's good but he isn't "screw up a ton of stuff and still get a high level ride" good. Definitely not good enough to stay in a top ride without an agent as we're currently seeing.

I think he has talent but not enough to overcome how he's been navigating his career. He's good but he isn't "screw up a ton of stuff and still get a high level ride" good. Definitely not good enough to stay in a top ride without an agent as we're currently seeing.
An agent could help for sure. They are good to have.

If Matt wants to go that route he could very well end up at JRM with a sponsor like Black Rifle Coffee Co. Pure speculation based on JRM’s willingness to accept BRCC into their camp.

Matt could go to HMS.

They take money from Falwell and his pool boy.

I wish the heck that could/would happen. As for the money, I was always under the impression you didn't care WHERE it came from, as long as the checks cleared.

Yeah thats probably issue #1 that's holding him back. I certainly acknowledge he can hang in cup behind the wheel but he's so.. idk.. dramatic. There are plenty of drivers that are more talented and don't come with all the nonsense.
Like I do wish he pull back on it some. But some people can’t help it. Which I don’t think people understand. Like I’m the same way as him with a lot of things and I know personally I can’t help it. If you don’t deal with it, you don’t understand

Yeah thats probably issue #1 that's holding him back. I certainly acknowledge he can hang in cup behind the wheel but he's so.. idk.. dramatic. There are plenty of drivers that are more talented and don't come with all the nonsense.

Just curious who you think is more talented right now that doesn't have a ride.

I don't think Carl Edwards ever had one and he seemed to do ok for himself. However I think Carl understood business better than Matt

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Having an agent vs not having one is a lot different when you’re win competitive every week and in contention for championships. He also had sponsors lining up to give him money.

Man if NASCAR wants to be like other “sports” with their “playoffs”. Isn’t this a results and stats oriented business?

Isn’t Matt better than 75% of SHR in a lot of categories who’s on fairly equal ground.

And he’s better than or right with Roush-Fenway and Front Row but that’s C level to most (34/38).

Other than Matt running his mouth I see no issue.

Last edited:
I wish the heck that could/would happen. As for the money, I was always under the impression you didn't care WHERE it came from, as long as the checks cleared.
Correct impression.

Sadly for Matt, there’s no room at the inn.

Just curious who you think is more talented right now that doesn't have a ride.
My point was that the more talented drivers who are easier to hire and deal with currently have rides because teams picked them instead of Matt. Your question doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

My point was that the more talented drivers who are easier to hire and deal with currently have rides because teams picked them instead of Matt. Your question doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.
Fair enough, I guess I interpreted it different than you meant it.

Penske would be dumb to not keep the 22 car open for Harrison, Blaney, Cindric, whoever can bring funding (Marco?).

Herbst is who he is but he brings money to the 98.

Still think Xfinity needs a new Kyle Busch “Cup lite” type for some weekends. Really hope Reddick, one of the Dillons, Blaney, Logano, Hamlin, whoever else can run more races.
Don't think that's going to happen. I my opinion those days are over.

Nothing wrong some of these guys filling the quota of Xfinity races a year and showing the young guns what they got. Reddick seems to do a job of that lately.

Blaney, Bubba, Erik Jones, Reddick, Custer probably the most right now could use the extra races.

I'm probably out of the box, but I think it is possible with the lower costs for Cup racing that some extra sponsor money might be burning holes in some of the teams pockets and they could run an Xfinity car for certain races?

I'm probably out of the box, but I think it is possible with the lower costs for Cup racing that some extra sponsor money might be burning holes in some of the teams pockets and they could run an Xfinity car for certain races?
Sponsors may if they can negotiate lower cup sponsorship fees. I can't see any cup team not spending all available money they have on their cup team.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom