2022 Silly Season

Or calling Gene Haas the un-pardoned felon.

It's funny how the Hendrick haters always refer to him as a felon. Oh no, he was guilty of mail fraud for bribing a Honda executive so he could sell more cars at his dealerships back in the 80's, he's such an awful guy!!!!! :rolleyes:

A lot of successful business owners break the law. Who gives a damn? He's not out there punching hookers and selling crack and clubbing baby seals over the head, but but but he has money and a successful race team so let's label him a felon because we're jealous!!!!!! Pathetic.

Nothing wrong with it.

He's only helping his stock when and if he decides to move up. Kyle must be paying him handsomely and JHN's input for that team must be quite valuable.
I’m kinda disappointed, Xfinity would’ve been even more exciting with him in it next year, but I guess the money isn’t there outside of money bags Jones and Monster. He should win about half the races in Trucks though.

Surprised by that one. Have no idea what he has left to prove in the trucks. Unless there's some future cup deal he's waiting on for 2023

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I’m kinda disappointed, Xfinity would’ve been even more exciting with him in it next year, but I guess the money isn’t there outside of money bags Jones and Monster. He should win about half the races in Trucks though.
Jones and the golden boy Ty...and probably a cup wacker all star car for Xfinity

It's funny how the Hendrick haters always refer to him as a felon. Oh no, he was guilty of mail fraud for bribing a Honda executive so he could sell more cars at his dealerships back in the 80's, he's such an awful guy!!!!! :rolleyes:

A lot of successful business owners break the law. Who gives a damn? He's not out there punching hookers and selling crack and clubbing baby seals over the head, but but but he has money and a successful race team so let's label him a felon because we're jealous!!!!!! Pathetic.

I think a lot of people should give a damn but in this instances the Hendrick deal has long expired past scorning Rick.

Not a fan of JHN not being able to move up but it seems like a lot of people in the industry want to knock him down because he’s not a rich ride buyer. That’s just from what I see. Kinda disappointed.

Not a fan of JHN not being able to move up but it seems like a lot of people in the industry want to knock him down because he’s not a rich ride buyer. That’s just from what I see. Kinda disappointed.
I could care less myself. It should make the trucks interesting. JHN in that series is considered a veteran at 25 years old

Systemic.

Dennis skipped school to go to the racetrack. 😇
It is an issue.

However, when you have over a year to figure stuff out. You know, hiring an agent or getting signed onto a management firm would have done wonders...

Austin Dillon is a close friend, why not talk about getting signed onto his management firm?

Look at all of these partners Team Dillon has:

Also, in other non-Matt D news:

Todd Bodine is making a return next season to the truck series to get to 800 starts in the top three national series.

I’m aware of the proper usage of those two words.

Why Denny no put Matt in the car? Simple ... he wants a chance at a W for that car.

I’m aware of the proper usage of those two words.

Why Denny no put Matt in the car? Simple ... he wants a chance at a W for that car.

I'm aware that you're aware. I don't know why I'm defending Denny anyway lol

I agree with your second sentence. But it almost seems like Denny is complaining that Dibenedetto can't find a good ride.

Just pointing out that Joe Gibbs is not a preacher. He's a Born Again Christian who shares his faith. Fact.
Rick Hendrick IS a Pardoned Felon. Fact.
If labels are going to be applied, let's be fair about it. I know the HMS crowd will be up in arms about it, oh well.
And while were at it, the Diversity Training graduate is having a stellar season. Hopefully he can maintain his final 4 status...

Just pointing out that Joe Gibbs is not a preacher. He's a Born Again Christian who shares his faith. Fact.
If labels are going to be applied, let's be fair about it. I know the HMS crowd will be up in arms about it, oh well.
And while were at it, the Diversity Training graduate is having a stellar season. Hopefully he can maintain his final 4 status...
If this isn't preaching, and oh by the way, I have this book for sale :biggrin:

Who cares?

It is an issue.

However, when you have over a year to figure stuff out. You know, hiring an agent or getting signed onto a management firm would have done wonders...

Austin Dillon is a close friend, why not talk about getting signed onto his management firm?
Everyone seems to forget that this is the same guy who assumed all risk and left Go Fas Racing on his own accord, in an attempt to lift his career.

It worked.

He’s gotten this far without typical management, he probably feels like he can let his results speak for themself, like he’s always done. Maybe this is as far as it takes him, maybe theres still surprises to be had. But IMO disparaging him for not having a proper agent, when not having one has worked so far, is reaching.

That being said, theres always so much more happening than what is publicly announced. I don’t think we can take anything presented at face value.

Yes, plus Kurt is the superior talent.

My point is that Denny shouldn't complain about Matt not finding a good ride when Denny himself had a good ride to offer, and he chose someone else instead.
Denny believes that Matt is a fantastic talent and deserves to be racing in the Cup series for wins.

You never know.

Everyone seems to forget that this is the same guy who assumed all risk and left Go Fas Racing on his own accord, in an attempt to lift his career.

It worked.

He’s gotten this far without typical management, he probably feels like he can let his results speak for themself, like he’s always done. Maybe this is as far as it takes him, maybe theres still surprises to be had. But IMO disparaging him for not having a proper agent, when not having one has worked so far, is reaching.

That being said, theres always so much more happening than what is publicly announced. I don’t think we can take anything presented at face value.
You just saw what this man did, right?

Look, I want him to succeed as well. However going out here proclaiming you're the next Morgan Shepard isn't going to cut it.

He needs help and needs it more than ever because he's looking at no ride at all at this point. He might get lucky with RWR or something of the sorts, but let's get real. At some point, everyone needs a helping hand in pushing his brand forward.

It's just not helpful to say, "I'm going to be the first openly Pro-Patriot, Pro-Christian driver."

Morgan Shepard essentially did that back in the 80s, also how is that marketable in the current climate? When we still do an invocation, National Anthem, and a flyover?

Think from the side of business for a second.

He has skill, but what sets him apart?

Back
Top Bottom