'21 Generation 7 Car news

The idea to have the exhaust pipes split on both sides instead of both coming out on the right, engineers have had their hands full so far. First it was too hot and the pipes were burning the drivers feet. So they design this elaborate forced air ducting system to save their feet, and tire pieces clog up the works and are catching on fire.

It's a Ford thing.
1662498468092.png

There is one exception to that. The 48. Video at the bottom.

That was the first time Bowman was at Darlington when it caught fire not the second time. It would be interesting to see if the team changed something after it caught on fire or if it was pure luck it didn't the second time. They say the Ford's problem is because of the headers configuration.

It's not like cars are catching fire every week. Tire wear at Kansas isn't as dramatic as Darlington. Is this piece mandatory or can teams implement it at leisure and not risk body violations?

It's not like cars are catching fire every week. Tire wear at Kansas isn't as dramatic as Darlington. Is this piece mandatory or can teams implement it at leisure and not risk body violations?
Sounds like its a mandatory update, but I wonder if NASCAR will be a bit more relaxed on the OSS pre-race inspection this week? It's something everyone has to learn the ins and outs of.

Also, you are correct Charlie. Darlington probably has the most abrasive surface in all of the calendar, so the tire wear and rubber build-up may be a bit exagerated. Good to see a possible fix for the issue though.

After seeing the #4 burn to the ground after running in the top 10 would you want to take a risk like that if you're in the playoffs? I know I wouldn't

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

NASCAR is having Cup teams replace part of a polymer panel that is used on the passenger’s side door area to keep debris from getting to the driver. Will replace section with stainless steel (this is in response to fires).

1662516199497.png

I understand that time is short but I fear letting the teams fabricate this part might be opening a can of worms. Let's hope not.

Well that's what it's supposed to be. Also have to trim a panel and based on the one post some possible exhaust modification.

To me it's just one of those deals where they've done a good job of keeping teams in line. Now if you give them anything they'll figure out the most beneficial way to do this from a performance standpoint.

I really have no idea can this be inspected by officials at the track or is it an R&D center thing? My initial guess is it can't be checked at the track.

The stainless steel interior panel replaces a flammable plastic (accelerant) panel. This will give the driver more time to exit the car when it is on fire. The panel being fireproof will supress the fire also.

Sounds like its a mandatory update, but I wonder if NASCAR will be a bit more relaxed on the OSS pre-race inspection this week? It's something everyone has to learn the ins and outs of.

Also, you are correct Charlie. Darlington probably has the most abrasive surface in all of the calendar, so the tire wear and rubber build-up may be a bit exagerated. Good to see a possible fix for the issue though.
"The Marbles" always blow to the wall and get trapped so when you run against it you are gonna pick it up and Darlington is the worst.

my question is why is there anything flammable in a racecar,cheaper? dumb.
Because there isnt anything to replace it but generally most stuff in the ****pit is fireproof. It has a fire suppression system that is top notch and I'm surprised Kevin didnt hit it

After seeing the #4 burn to the ground after running in the top 10 would you want to take a risk like that if you're in the playoffs? I know I wouldn't

If I'm a smaller shop with a history of having inspection issues or with manpower / scheduling issues, knowing this problem isn't happening weekly, I might indeed prefer to leave this week's car alone instead of taking the side panels off a prepared car.

But apparently it's mandatory so my question is irrelevant now.

my question is why is there anything flammable in a racecar,cheaper? dumb.
They went with more materials like this in the new car because it's harder for teams to manipulate. Teams have tools work on metals. Very few teams have the capacity to work on composites and carbon fiber

Because there isnt anything to replace it but generally most stuff in the ****pit is fireproof. It has a fire suppression system that is top notch and I'm surprised Kevin didnt hit it
it is strange that you all most never see a driver use the fire systems.

Would you want to be in a car with the fire suppression going off? If I'm in a car that's on fire the only thing I'm doing is getting out.

Yes, thats what its for to keep you from burning up

Has anyone been burned up in these fires this year? No. If I have the opportunity to get out without hitting the fire extinguisher I'm going to do that. Once you hit the fire extinguisher there is a $hitload more smoke in the car than the was before you hit it.

Has anyone been burned up in these fires this year? No. If I have the opportunity to get out without hitting the fire extinguisher I'm going to do that. Once you hit the fire extinguisher there is a $hitload more smoke in the car than the was before you hit it.
He had fire coming through the dash even when he was stopped. You also do it to save the car. You can pull the pin on the way out its been done a hundred times before, not sure what your argument is.

He had fire coming through the dash even when he was stopped. You also do it to save the car. You can pull the pin on the way out its been done a hundred times before, not sure what your argument is.

Actually it's pretty rare that the driver pulls it.

lol. ok, you do understand that they also have seperate systems that dont need to be pulled.
Not in the car, those systems are under the hood and in the back by the fuel cell. They don't have the in the cabin extinguisher go off automatically because when you start to put a fire out it greatly increases the amount of toxic smoke. Drivers don't pull it when they are in the car for a reason.

Not in the car, those systems are under the hood and in the back by the fuel cell. They don't have the in the cabin extinguisher go off automatically because when you start to put a fire out it greatly increases the amount of toxic smoke. Drivers don't pull it when they are in the car for a reason.
I know I installed them. Plenty of pins have been pulled before, I've seen it and cleaned it lol. But you do you

I guarantee you every one driving Cup can get out of the car blindfolded, and possibly without using the right arm.

Back
Top Bottom