'21 Generation 7 Car news

If those are all single car tests, they are kind of pointless. The only thing that REALLY matters is how they will race together.

I would accelerate that timetable by a good three months. Suppose the multi-car testing results really suck. You want as much time as possible to find a solution, test the solution and get the cars built. In my opinion far too much is riding on this to get it wrong. I would much rather be sitting around in October saying "our work is done" rather than "I hope this works". Of course with NASCAR, no matter the outcome they will spin it as unparalleled success., Just like the CoT. How that steaming pile of crap ever got beyond the first artist's rendering is beyond me.

All I can tell you is that I were running this project, I would want at least 6-8 of these cars on the track no later than Mid-May. They could pick a variety of tracks and bring in the teams needed a day early before the races there and at the VERY least, have all the cars make at least one simulated fuel run in a mock race. Assuming no major complications pop up, by Mid-September at the latest everybody would have their final specs and car and component building could begin in earnest. As for the center lock wheels, that's an absolute non-starter as far as I'm concerned. All they are trying to do is eliminate another skill position so they don't have to pay for real talent. When it comes to the over the wall guys, I'm going to side with them nearly every time.
You can be certain that testing will not take place the day before a race weekend at any venue. Nor will there be any mock races. I imagine if teams and their squadrons of engineers feel the testing program is inadequate and doesn’t meet their needs, they’ll register their complaints with whomever IS running the project.

1 lug or 5, winning teams will have the best available athletes changing tires. Your premise here is badly flawed.

You can be certain that testing will not take place the day before a race weekend at any venue. Nor will there be any mock races. I imagine if teams and their squadrons of engineers feel the testing program is inadequate and doesn’t meet their needs, they’ll register their complaints with whomever IS running the project.

1 lug or 5, winning teams will have the best available athletes changing tires. Your premise here is badly flawed.

I remember a LOT of complaining during CoT development. Did NASCAR listen? Of course not. They know EVERYTHING. The single nut wheels would make much more likely that a guy already on your payroll could do the job just as fast as somebody you bring in just to change tires. I also believe it's a step towards having no tire carriers. This is about saving money, not about looking cool.

The single nut wheels would make much more likely that a guy already on your payroll could do the job just as fast as somebody you bring in just to change tires. I also believe it's a step towards having no tire carriers. This is about saving money, not about looking cool.
Yeah ... a guy already on the payroll. :rolleyes:

Ask Gary Nelson. He ran that engineering project.

Well, if I run into him, I WILL ask him. My guess is got stuck with some things he had no control over. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of GOOD things about the car, but its appearance probably drove away as many fans as anything NASCAR did.

nice touch comparing the next gen to the COT. You and Fred Flintstone need to talk.

What I'm hoping is the mistakes made there won't be repeated. NASCAR has a wonderful opportunity to give a real boost to this sport if they don't F it up.

Yeah ... a guy already on the payroll. :rolleyes:

Ya know, it hasn't been THAT long ago that team personnel did the pit stops. Hired guns are a relatively new phenomenon. The whole move to shrink the pit crew is a cost saving measure. Between the cost and the limits on the number of crew allowed at the track, I'm quite sure the team owners would love nothing more than to de-skill the pit stop work. I imagine air jacks are right around the corner too.

Well, if I run into him, I WILL ask him. My guess is got stuck with some things he had no control over. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of GOOD things about the car, but its appearance probably drove away as many fans as anything NASCAR did.
You’re quite right.

Nelson was handed a list of required design criteria primarily intended to physically eliminate the possibility of coil-binding and left side weight bias, among other things.

Well you know the old story about a camel being a horse designed by a committee. I remember reading how awesome and inspiring the original designs for the Edsel were, but once the engineers, the bean counters, the upper management, the marketing people and the manufacturing people got their pound of flesh, they ended up with a finished product that bore little resemblance to the inspiration and not anything that anyone would have ever agreed to in the beginning, and yet they were all so close to the project, they failed to see it until it was too late. I think that describes the CoT perfectly. There wasn't one thing in the Gen 6 car that couldn't have been in the CoT, but for some reason, they settled for something so much less.

Nascar car designers as seen by some fans

iu

Has nascar came out and said if they would be part of the distribution of these chassis? I could see a powerhouse, such as a HMS or JGR, paying a "premium" price to get their fleet of chassis before other teams to give them a jump in R&D. I'd hate for one team to have 15 chassis before a lower team gets any.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why is it even a question?

Do we know anything about minimum weight and weight bias percentages for the new cars?

Agree with Jr as well, if it isn't broken...

You get the idea, keep it clean and simple to read for fans.
I wrote in the comments, that the cars change colors according to the sponsors color schemes, the number doesn't change though so it is important to be able to read the numbers. That is one of my gripes with Imsa, can't see or read the numbers very well.

Looks like exhaust exits on both sides. A lot going on with the side skirts, louvres included.

I don’t mind them maximizing sponsor space on the car so long as they don’t make the number tiny enough that it’s only on a window or A-pillar or B-pillar. It needs to be visible enough but the justification for changing it up is reasonable.

Of course, it works better in some other series because they retain the same livery/scheme the whole year.

I may be nuts, but I'm looking forward to next year and all the changes. The chaos alone will be entertaining. I'd bet by race 4-5 the big teams will pull away from the small teams in figuring it out. Definitely will keep the press on their toes.

I may be nuts, but I'm looking forward to next year and all the changes. The chaos alone will be entertaining. I'd bet by race 4-5 the big teams will pull away from the small teams in figuring it out. Definitely will keep the press on their toes.
Nothing is going to change, the have's will continue to have, and the have nots will continue to not have, maybe that gap will get smaller , but we are not going to see the backmarkers competing for wins in 2021.

Moment of silence for all the awesome athletes up and down road over the years. Your skills apparently aren't valued anymore.
All of this. NASCAR is already in dire straights to prove if it is an athletic sport or not and just eliminated the strongest argument. Weak.

Single lug is stupid. How many pit crews have accidentally not secured a lug? Well its fairly safe because their are 4 other lugs holding the wheel on. Now? Screw up and there is zero tolerance for human error all the while compromising the safety of the driver and possibly fans.

*toilet flush*

Back
Top Bottom