'21 Generation 7 Car news

The tipping point of the Stock Car Wars occurred in the spring of 2021, when Vince McMahon announced that his rival NAXXAR Lug Series would debut in November at a renovated (and domed) North Wilkesboro Speedway, using cars featuring six wheels with seven lug nuts each.

If we are debating about the safety ratios between 1 lug and 5, we might as well pack the cars up and let the race tracks rot. The suspense and inherent danger of this sport is what draws crowds. Nobody got an adrenaline rush from watching people race walmart scooters.

you will be happy to know that lug nut penalties are a thing of the past, no more lug nut checkers.

Nothing is going to change, the have's will continue to have, and the have nots will continue to not have, maybe that gap will get smaller , but we are not going to see the backmarkers competing for wins in 2021.
As it should be. You want a winning team? Invest in it.
Not everyone should get a trophy and check for showing up for qualifying.

are they gonna have an F1 style jack?

f1-belgian-gp-2017-williams-mechanic-front-jack.jpg

I like it. The stock in stockcars left the building decades ago.
They are race cars that need to evolve as such. I look forward
to the day of a sub 10 second pit stop. Bring on the
indy style gas fillers and on board car lifts.

Its either that, or kick it old skool with bias ply tires and carbs

I don't see the on-board jacks catching on in stock cars. The system strikes me as too prone to failure in the beating and banging of taxi cab racing.

It was announced that no air jacks or different fueling devices are going to happen. I really doubt the average fan can tell the difference of a .3 seconds faster pit stop. We do have some that can tell the difference in an average 5MPH slower over 1.5 miles, so I expect some here will be able to tell .3 tenths of a second with the single lug and somehow that will play into the death of Nascar as we know it. Looking forward to it.

It was announced that no air jacks or different fueling devices are going to happen. I really doubt the average fan can tell the difference of a .3 seconds faster pit stop. We do have some that can tell the difference in an average 5MPH slower over 1.5 miles, so I expect some here will be able to tell .3 tenths of a second with the single lug and somehow that will play into the death of Nascar as we know it. Looking forward to it.
I used to be able to tell half a second at Bristol during qualifying, but that was by using multiple logos on the wall as references. There's little a spectator can use to judge 3/10 on a pit stop other than how soon the changers switch sides.

So........... Will the left side be reverse thread like on a sprint car?

Pole was 187 at Fontana in 17, and 179.6 in 20. 8MPH average taped up going for it. I can't tell the difference from my seat, it isn't enough to matter. It's around 6 MPH difference at the 1.5 at Vegas, 2019, 2017. I'm sure there was some who could tell the difference in both places.

Pic of a knock off hub. Note the 6 drive pins.

This is the left front corner. The wing nut (or hex nut) is right hand threaded ... tightens against the direction of rotation. On the right side, the nuts are left hand threaded for the same reason.

dsc08227-resize-jpg.66986
Okay, that would seem to imply that tire changers currently reverse their guns while they go around from having tightened the right sides to loosen the lefts. Following that, on the new system, it would seem they have to unlearn that behavior.

Am I making any sense?

Oh, and the drive pins you pointed out? I assume those fit into corresponding holes in the back of the wheel, serving to rotate the wheel and tire. Right?

Okay, that would seem to imply that tire changers currently reverse their guns while they go around from having tightened the right sides to loosen the lefts. Following that, on the new system, it would seem they have to unlearn that behavior.

Am I making any sense?
Yes.

There’s still lots of opportunity for human error.

I like the growl of the new car. Not sure if it’s a change in the camshaft, but sounds like a legit 70s muscle car.

I do wonder though if we made the current cars symmetrical how hard they would be to drive. The new gearbox and independent rear suspension are going to help these cars fly around the corners, should make road course racing absolutely bonkers.

To me it’s like we’re making an oval version of Australian Supercars here. These cars are reminding me more and more of that

To me it’s like we’re making an oval version of Australian Supercars here. These cars are reminding me more and more of that
I made the same observation.

The minimum weight rule in Supercars, including individual driver and all his / her gear is 1,395 KG or 3,075.5 pounds.
Apparently the Gen 7 car minimum will be 3,200 pounds without the driver.

300 pounds is a lot.

The current Mustangs and Camaros have had IRS for like 5 years as standard equipment. The 2020 Mustang uses 18, 19, and 20" wheels depending on the model. Australian cars and U.S. cars are very similar and have been for many years, so yeah they are similar. I think the horsepower is different at around 600

iu

Oh, and the drive pins you pointed out? I assume those fit into corresponding holes in the back of the wheel, serving to rotate the wheel and tire. Right?
Missed this bit earlier.

Yes. The holes in the wheels are blind ... not drilled through and for that reason, not visible to the tire changer when he’s registering the wheel on the hub. They’ll be marking the wheels and the hubs in some manner to help with that. Another place for a mistake.

Today I learned more about the single lug wheel system, I was not aware of the pins.

This is a 6 speed sequential transaxle.

nascar_img_4642.ashx

“The Xtrac P1293 transaxle uses an aluminum case that contains a cassette-type gear cluster, spiral bevel gear final drive, and tripode output flanges. It comes with a fixed-axle, spool-type differential but can also be configured with plate-type limited-slip differential that allows for pre-load adjustment. This transaxle also offers a quick change input drop gear set with a variety of available ratios.”

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...ascars-first-ever-independent-rear-suspension

Back
Top Bottom