'21 Generation 7 Car news

I wrote in the comments, that the cars change colors according to the sponsors color schemes, the number doesn't change though so it is important to be able to read the numbers. That is one of my gripes with Imsa, can't see or read the numbers very well.
I wrote in the comments, in caps, stop trying to fix what is not broken.

I have feeling much like a lot of things that are getting change, if NASCAR is thinking about it, they are probably going to do it.

But yes, I agree, as long as ive been a fan, the numbers have always been the what identify's the team/driver, its such a large part of NASCAR...................so of course that must get changed too.

Pockrass is getting a lot of unanswered questions answered

Okay, the second and third tweets are huge.

Guys will keep there jobs, which is fantastic, not to mention fuel can will still be used. The whole "human error" aspect of pit stops will still be involved. Not to mention pit-stops will look the same, thats awesome.

I'm of the minority, I like the move. This will allow teams to save a bit because steel wheels are replaced often. They are wanting the wheels to be more durable with the forged aluminum wheels. They will be lighter and can last longer meaning reducing costs in constantly replacing the steel wheels.

Also, pit crew skills will not be dimished. Its awesome that five guys will still be over the wall and not emulate a IMSA or WEC type of pit-stop. I like the evolution and not reinventing the wheel in this case. Its nowhere near as bad of a change as its made out to be.

NASCAR I think has honestly done a very good job with the changes so far. Nothing crazy, just modernizing and trying to simplify things for teams to stay around. I'm not being a shill, but I'm seriously impressed with everything happening.

I wonder if they'll be using a wheel nut lock pin like this one. $63.99 for the nut ... the lock is extra.

33_16.jpg

F1 and Indy Cars cars have locking pins that retract when the socket goes onto the nut, enabling removal.

wheel_nut_formula_1-ferrari.jpg

Okay, the second and third tweets are huge.

Guys will keep there jobs, which is fantastic, not to mention fuel can will still be used. The whole "human error" aspect of pit stops will still be involved. Not to mention pit-stops will look the same, thats awesome.

I'm of the minority, I like the move. This will allow teams to save a bit because steel wheels are replaced often. They are wanting the wheels to be more durable with the forged aluminum wheels. They will be lighter and can last longer meaning reducing costs in constantly replacing the steel wheels.

Also, pit crew skills will not be dimished. Its awesome that five guys will still be over the wall and not emulate a IMSA or WEC type of pit-stop. I like the evolution and not reinventing the wheel in this case. Its nowhere near as bad of a change as its made out to be.

NASCAR I think has honestly done a very good job with the changes so far. Nothing crazy, just modernizing and trying to simplify things for teams to stay around. I'm not being a shill, but I'm seriously impressed with everything happening.

yeah they went to the sequential shifter instead of the paddle shifter. I'm going to miss the H pattern 4 speed, but IRS comes with the sequential and the IRS will change so many things for the better.

yeah they went to the sequential shifter instead of the paddle shifter. I'm going to miss the H pattern 4 speed, but IRS comes with the sequential and the IRS will change so many things for the better.
I'm going to miss the occasional money shift.

Such a wonderful sound hearing a rod being thrown through the block or a value spring taking a early vacation.:D

How much the choreography and skill required changes depends upon the delta between the time required to change tires and the time required to refuel.

If it’s a few seconds of a gap then all of that changes pretty substantially. If it only changes things by half a second or a second then it’s still relevant.

I'm going to miss the occasional money shift.

Such a wonderful sound hearing a rod being thrown through the block or a value spring taking a early vacation.:D
I'll be missing snapped axles when launching off pit road with one tire on concrete and the other on asphalt.

How much the choreography and skill required changes depends upon the delta between the time required to change tires and the time required to refuel.

If it’s a few seconds of a gap then all of that changes pretty substantially. If it only changes things by half a second or a second then it’s still relevant.
Cut more, closer threads on the shaft so the single nut takes five times as long to remove and tighten.

:fixed:

2 instead of 10
center donut
fat man with a gas can gonna be under pressure

That'd give you enough time to go take a whizz and grab another beer on pit stops for sure.

Sounds to me like they are just going to be gt cars that run ovals. Not a fan of the single lug nut. To say it won’t make a difference on pit stops makes no sense. Certainly will take less skill

To me this single lug thing is like the stupid wing on the COT. It's like ok you were doing a pretty good job, then you went and did that???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To me this single lug thing is like the stupid wing on the COT. It's like ok you were doing a pretty good job, then you went and did that???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I liked the wing. I think it would have attracted younger fans. How many street wannabes do you see with a spoiler?

I'm ambivalent about the number of lugs and nuts.

As a fan I don't care which system they use as long as it does it's job and keeps the wheels on the car. But, if I were a tire changer I think I would like the 1 nut system better then the 5 nut system as long as my pay grade stayed the same or increased. There is a lot more time and work involved in preparation for the 5 nut system.

They are saying it is 3 tenths of a second faster with one lug than 5, so it's pretty insiginicant

I thought I read that the changes they are making is to more closely represent what we buy, what Mustang has a single lug?
well, most of us will be looking at an 18" wheel that is what Mustangs come with. I guess a person can look at the lug nut. :idunno: They did tests between 5 lugs and the single and the single proved to be 30% safer. Getting the torque right on all five lugs compared to a single nut 30% less safe in trials.

If we are debating about the safety ratios between 1 lug and 5, we might as well pack the cars up and let the race tracks rot. The suspense and inherent danger of this sport is what draws crowds. Nobody got an adrenaline rush from watching people race walmart scooters.

Back
Top Bottom