'21 Generation 7 Car news

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
“Rebirth of stock”

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I’m not sure what any of the other Gen 7 cars had, but the car that Reddick tested at Darlington did not have a rear view mirror, but rather a rear view camera on the center console stack.

Maybe this means that the greenhouse designs are mirroring their stock counterparts and sight out of the rear glass, with the big ass spoilers, is minimal - justifying a rear camera?

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
I’m not sure what any of the other Gen 7 cars had, but the car that Reddick tested at Darlington did not have a rear view mirror, but rather a rear view camera on the center console stack.

Maybe this means that the greenhouse designs are mirroring their stock counterparts and sight out of the rear glass, with the big ass spoilers, is minimal - justifying a rear camera?

I noticed that as well. I'm wondering if the rear facing camera (which is mounted on the rear of the roof facing the deck lid) will provide drivers with better situational awareness.
“Rebirth of stock”

What are the odds that we'll see them race these cars in The All Star race this year?

FLRacingFan

Team Owner

Looks and sounds like a hell of a handful for sure.

A number of GT cars have those rear view cameras. Corvette has had once since at least 2014. I can think of one situation on pit road this year where it would’ve helped. :)

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I noticed that as well. I'm wondering if the rear facing camera (which is mounted on the rear of the roof facing the deck lid) will provide drivers with better situational awareness.
If the NASCAR sanctioned cameras are just as reliable as the NASCAR sanctioned air guns, the spotters will have their work cut out for them.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
I'm really shocked and also bummed out that no one is bishing about the rear camera. I expected a good death bedder rant.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
The exhaust notes sound different, but by all accounts the car’s current neutral body looks identical to the current cars.

I really hope the manufactures change that.

Also, do we think Toyota will stick with the Camry or will they bring in the GR86 or Supra?

KTMLew01

Team Owner
For those wondering about the new wheel attachment this should help. Maybe not identical but I'd bet really close.

From 15:40 to 16:20ish.

Top Bottom