'21 Generation 7 Car news

My understanding of the term symmetrical refers to the body & it's mounting? No more twisted sisters like in the Truck Series.

And i agree with you 100%. Just got tired of SOI arguing the point. I hope he's just trolling.
You're right. My point was that a car like say an IMSA car has always been assymetrical in terms of aero, so advantage NASCAR Cup car. Not anymore though, that advantage no longer separates them. So the setup, mechanically, is what it's all about.

You're right. My point was that a car like say an IMSA car has always been assymetrical in terms of aero, so advantage NASCAR Cup car. Not anymore though, that advantage no longer separates them. So the setup, mechanically, is what it's all about.
They have some kind of design that lets them adjust all four corners. They don't have to change springs out to setup the car.

Here was the topic sentence. It was used in replying to the jackman who was generally saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. "most advanced" applies to the car and the racing series, not street cars although that is true to an extent. I am not naive to think compared to F-1 the Next Gen is more advanced in many areas BUT, for what the Next Gen is designed for, one could say the Next Gen is more advanced in what it can do in the areas of safety and versatility compared to any of the other racing series including F-1 AND that gives the Nascar racing fan more variety of venues to watch from super speedways to smaller short tracks, dirt or pavement.
F1 cars are at LEAST as safe as a Cup car, and they accomplish that feat with far, far less weight.

how many serious injuries and deaths have they had in the last 20 years. Sorry to say but I think F-1 has more
If Cup cars were going as fast as F1 cars and hit the same types of barriers, there would be a lot more injuries and possibly deaths. F1 cars are a miracle of motorsports safety science.

If Cup cars were going as fast as F1 cars and hit the same types of barriers, there would be a lot more injuries and possibly deaths. F1 cars are a miracle of motorsports safety science.
They aren't safer is my point. I'm glad F-1 and IndyCar are doing as well as they are, and in that area it is an unfair comparison Nascar is safer hands down, as is top speed of the open wheelers compared to Nascar's is.

in that area it is an unfair comparison
You're moving the goalposts, or rather not defining any. You're making a generic blanket "the nextgen car is the most advanced racecar in the world" type statement, and it's not, and then you're saying, "well not like THAT...".

what's next crawfish, truck arms from the 60's, minuscule sized brakes, a solid rear end? Let's face it, the car is an antique, the next gen moves up to today's world and brings a backwoods series into one of the most advanced on the planet.

This is what I said. Not what you think I said. No goalposts were moved

It doesn't look like it. The function of the removable bolt on clips is so teams can replace the front or rear instead of having to build a whole chassis. The car does have some pretty massive foam behind the front and rear bumpers.

This is a pretty thorough article from Car and Driver:

Previously, raw steel tubing would enter a race shop at one end, and a tube frame would exit the other. That is no longer the case. Michigan based Technique Inc. will provide all the frames, which now consist of a common center cage with bolt-on front and rear substructures. The idea here is that when an inevitable crash occurs, the bolt-on structures can be replaced rather than cutting up or throwing away an entire tube frame, and in turn, this should help reduce operating costs.

I'll try this again

I can't speak for we. As it has been pointed out as my opinion, hopefully a good discussion topic. Most advanced criteria. I start with safety, move on to repairability, then versatility and I could write a paragraph on every one of those topics. I don't think the car is the very best in all of those catagories, but add up all of the plusses and I think the NexGen's total redesign is the most advanced race car. From short track bull rings to super speedways, stadium road races, to the COTA, pavement and dirt the car can do it all.
Here was the topic sentence. It was used in replying to the jackman who was generally saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. "most advanced" applies to the car and the racing series, not street cars although that is true to an extent. I am not naive to think compared to F-1 the Next Gen is more advanced in many areas BUT, for what the Next Gen is designed for, one could say the Next Gen is more advanced in what it can do in the areas of safety and versatility compared to any of the other racing series including F-1 AND that gives the Nascar racing fan more variety of venues to watch from super speedways to smaller short tracks, dirt or pavement.
You should be able to find something there

its make out of 2 x4 metal frame and bolts together with 32 bolts.not really space age,just cheaper.with nascar spec if you bend one part you will be replacing more than one section,waste of time and not safe.the trans,tires.wheel and brakes are cool.

Common cage with bolt on clips is not advanced for the racing world. Almost every other series worth it's salt has had central carbon tubs for years now, and I'm not just talking open wheel.

Well once again. I said one of the most advanced cars on the planet. You guys seem stuck on it isn't THE most advanced. The car has many advanced technologies in safety, IRS, a trans-axle, Carbon fiber body, easy repair-ability ,modern suspension, etc.

Well once again. I said one of the most advanced cars on the planet. You guys seem stuck on it isn't THE most advanced. The car has many advanced technologies in safety, IRS, a trans-axle, Carbon fiber body, easy repair-ability ,modern suspension, etc.
It still isn't one of the most advanced, that just doesn't make sense. IRS, 18" wheels, a 5 speed transaxle, composite body, etc all would still not have been advanced even 20 years ago.

It still isn't one of the most advanced, that just doesn't make sense. IRS, 18" wheels, a 5 speed transaxle, composite body, etc all would still not have been advanced even 20 years ago.
That's your opinion. The advanced race cars use most of it today.

How is it more advanced than all the racecars out there with carbon tubs, pushrod actuated dampers, very effective traction control and ABS at the limits of adhesion, lower center of gravity, active aero, forced induction powertrains that are more thermogenically efficient, hybrid systems, and carbon-ceramic brake discs?

NASCAR is very safe, I agree with that, but it terms of being "advanced" cars, they're still not. Just because we finally have aluminum wheels and independent rear suspension now does not mean the cars are advanced.

In terms of versatility, if what people are saying is true that this car is basically an IMSA GT3 car adapted for ovals, well then it isnt any more advanced than an IMSA GT3 car. The versatility part, since the cars are symmetrical now, is just coming from setup (alignment, weight ballast, wedge). You can setup even an F1 car for ovals if you gave it an asymmetrical setup to make it really good at left turns.

I’ve been saying this as well. They’re basically copying what an IMSA GT car just with more HP. That IRS/Transaxle is going to be so so different

That's your opinion. The advanced race cars use most of it today.
That's not my opinion. Even here in the US, Rolex Grand-Am and ALMS had this stuff 20 years ago. I don't think you understand how wild the *actual* current "advanced" cars like prototypes and F1 really are by now.

That's not my opinion. Even here in the US, Rolex Grand-Am and ALMS had this stuff 20 years ago. I don't think you understand how wild the *actual* current "advanced" cars like prototypes and F1 really are by now.
Yep those cars are advanced race cars. It looks like you are hung up on dates. I didn't say the car was the most innovative

If I release a new brand of mechanical can opener, same old design as ones from 1950 except mine have a different colored handle, is it really a "modern" product?
funny. The car chassis was designed by Dalarta, built by Technique who build for other race car series using the latest technology (robotic welds and cuts using Cam programming) Innovative chassis design, not a different colored handle.

funny. The car chassis was designed by Dalarta, built by Technique who build for other race car series using the latest technology (robotic welds and cuts using Cam programming) Innovative chassis design, not a different colored handle.
Dallara*

Save your energy. He took your entire comment, and all he got out of it was “dallara designs chassis for other series so that makes the car advanced”. He can’t answer the givin question so he makes up an answer for a question that wasn’t asked.

Any updates on crash test safety data? Last I heard months ago was the results being underwhelming

Save your energy. He took your entire comment, and all he got out of it was “dallara designs chassis for other series so that makes the car advanced”. He can’t answer the givin question so he makes up an answer for a question that wasn’t asked.
when you find a more advanced way to build a chassis let me know ok?

More advanced methods are open information. Start with some carbon fiber sheet, a vacuum mold, and an autoclave.
That method was considered, but turned down in favor of steel. Better safety factor. They do use a carbon fiber undertray though and changeable diffusers for the different tracks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom