'21 Generation 7 Car news

Your statement assumes a majority of pre-2004 fans care about where the number is placed.

The implication was that anything that smacks of tradition and continuity with the past MUST be destroyed. And, yes, I'm going to assume that most WOULD care, assuming they haven't already given up on they sport, as 95% of the fans that I personally know have done. Most often heard complaint by FAR? Too many changes.

Due to a clerical error, the Hendrick cars will have their numbers wherever in the hell they want. Hendrick Apologist meltdown in 3-2-1....

Due to a clerical error, the Hendrick cars will have their numbers wherever in the hell they want. Hendrick Apologist meltdown in 3-2-1....
@Revman spends days on end, staring at the bobber in the water, wondering why the fish aren't biting... ;)

The JGR cars will have them on the rear quarter panels. Because they got sent to the rear. Get it? I'll show myself out...

1627930448693.png

The implication was that anything that smacks of tradition and continuity with the past MUST be destroyed. And, yes, I'm going to assume that most WOULD care, assuming they haven't already given up on they sport, as 95% of the fans that I personally know have done. Most often heard complaint by FAR? Too many changes.
Implication. Assumption.

And a 95% “polling” result ... 😇

So the whole purpose for moving the numbers is to appease sponsors, correct? If that's the case, why don't they make the numbers smaller in addition to relocating them?

Exactly. NASCAR wants to be like other motorsports, and look how small the numbers are on those cars.....

8088967.jpeg.jpg

032507bc024.jpg

149555198.RIYeQhlD.jpg

c44bb20b3de2d1d870e5352fd320e071.jpg

Hell, NHRA doesn't use numbers at all....

86a79370a2980e7199317b14217ccd70.jpg

Obviously that's a bit different. But if increasing sponsor real estate on the side of the car is their goal, why do they even need such large numbers? Shrink them down and stick them low and out of the way, or up between the B- and C-pillars on the quarter window like your picture above with the V8 Supercars

nhra does run numbers that car is pro 3 in the window. with all the different paint jobs changing every week i think the number is very important .

They're must be something to it, or at least some thing because I remember Pearn convincing Barney they had to run gloss for just the super speedways

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I remember reading many years ago that Indy car guys figured out a good wax job was worth some measurable speed.

nhra does run numbers that car is pro 3 in the window. with all the different paint jobs changing every week i think the number is very important .

Technically you are correct, but what number is John Force? Nobody knows, nobody cares.

The cars will still have a large number on the roof, they will still have a small number on the nose and rear bumper, they will still have a number somewhere on the sides. Just reduce the size is all. Having a large number but NOT having it centered on the door looks incredibly goofy and out of place IMO.

They're must be something to it, or at least some thing because I remember Pearn convincing Barney they had to run gloss for just the super speedways

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For a short time, I know HMS would paint/clear (decals included) the superspeedway cars. Not sure if they still do

Probably not, since all graphics are in the wrap now. Single smooth surface.
Speaking of the graphics......I think it was Truex who ran two schemes at the Pocono double header. One wrap over the other. You would think hat the additional weight would be a performance issue given how tight everything is these days......I also have heard that wraps are lighter than paint.

Speaking of the graphics......I think it was Truex who ran two schemes at the Pocono double header. One wrap over the other. You would think hat the additional weight would be a performance issue given how tight everything is these days......I also have heard that wraps are lighter than paint.
Truex was probably at his home track

Technique is charging $28,000 for each chassis with everything included. Many teams pay twice as much to build a chassis right now, Johncox said.
Each team can buy seven chassis’ per driver for the season. When they crash, the teams pay Technique to either fix or replace them.

Probably not, since all graphics are in the wrap now. Single smooth surface.
The blue portion of the NAPA scheme on Chase's car was deeper and more metallic (i.e. painted) at Daytona for the 500 than, say the obviously wrapped blue at Vegas, etc. Showed up even better at night for Duels.

1628092258904.png

Versus, say, Roval scheme:

Attachments

• 1628092389982.png
    1628092389982.png
    11.5 MB · Views: 73
The blue portion of the NAPA scheme on Chase's car was deeper and more metallic (i.e. painted) at Daytona for the 500 than, say the obviously wrapped blue at Vegas, etc. Showed up even better at night for Duels.
So did they seal the decals in some way? Just wondering.

'21 Generation 7 Car news​

INSIGHT: How NASCAR drivers are preparing for Next Gen​

Man that thing has got to be STIFF! Not many diagonals so I suppose it will crush but not at all what I expected. I'm referring to front & rear clip sections not have the small tube "spiders" common today. Looks like a back-breaker to me. Guess we will see.

Attachments

• Next Gen Chassis.jpg
    Next Gen Chassis.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 73
Man that thing has got to be STIFF! Not many diagonals so I suppose it will crush but not at all what I expected. I'm referring to front & rear clip sections not have the small tube "spiders" common today. Looks like a back-breaker to me. Guess we will see.
They have added foam bumpers front and rear, that's new. They have moved the driver inboard and they have more foam in the sides than the last car and all the foam used is a new variety that has tested for impact better then the older version. It's plenty safe, more so than the 6 gen

So we have a driver cell with two bolt on clips…does anyone know if they are designed to sheer off to disperse energy in big wrecks?

Back
Top Bottom