'21 Generation 7 Car news

I'm assuming the engine still is attached to the front clip and doesn't use a motor plate. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It is but I'm thinking about other stuff like getting it on and off the truck, getting your heights right to line everything up, the weight being to much when you try to mount it and not get proper torque on the clip bolts etc... I understand your therory and if there is a way to do it those guys will figure it out

It is but I'm thinking about other stuff like getting it on and off the truck, getting your heights right to line everything up, the weight being to much when you try to mount it and not get proper torque on the clip bolts etc... I understand your therory and if there is a way to do it those guys will figure it out
So much for keeping costs down. We've just come up with a whole new thing for them to design and engineer. Lol

Actually getting the proper torque would be relatively easy, it just costs money. A lot of manufacturers have task specific torque wrenches for each different torque settings.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

A caster under splitter with a set of aluminum discs to replace the wheels. Say an 18" "stick" that inserts into frame at 4 points. Car is fixed at frame 18" height. Engine/stub could be at same height. That way guys could safely roll under the car. I'm just thinking about how you do one of these in say 3-4 hours instead of 8.

Capital Race Cars build their dirt late models so you can buy body parts that fit. Complete nose assembly. Pull 8 bolts and knock it off. We used to have to bend them custom. Everything is waterjet cut. You guys CAN do this. If you use dry-break fittings the engine & radiator could be filled.

If guys like Larson are spinning, that tells me it’s difficult to drive. That’s encouraging. Off throttle time =better passing opportunities or at least chances to create deltas
Eh... When I watched it, I thought there was no off throttle time at all.

Are they not wide open?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm sure they will get better when they get more experience in the car

Alex Bowman said the difficulty of driving the Next Gen car by yourself versus the previous car is “way, way harder.” Bowman said drivers could slide it around a little bit, but the line to cross is much narrower before spinning out. He expects drivers will crash more than usual with the Next Gen car because it’s harder to drive.

According to Probst, NASCAR doesn’t want the cars to be easy to drive.

Eh... When I watched it, I thought there was no off throttle time at all.

Are they not wide open?

Fair. At this point, I was going off driver comments and the notion that they're loose. Loose=needing to feather throttle. If that's so, it could create just enough delta for passing. (In my naive head)

I'm sure they will get better when they get more experience in the car

Alex Bowman said the difficulty of driving the Next Gen car by yourself versus the previous car is “way, way harder.” Bowman said drivers could slide it around a little bit, but the line to cross is much narrower before spinning out. He expects drivers will crash more than usual with the Next Gen car because it’s harder to drive.

According to Probst, NASCAR doesn’t want the cars to be easy to drive.
The fact that we're hearing this at a mile and a half is terrific. Darlington is going to be a complete bear

The fact that we're hearing this at a mile and a half is terrific. Darlington is going to be a complete bear
It is. But they still were running wide open. I can't help but think this car would be fantastic if they beefed the HP up another 300, and took 3 inches off the spoiler.

With these guys manipulating the airflow inside of the car to get cooler temperatures I have to wonder how they'll react when turned sideways. A lot of work was done with the old car to manipulate or evacuate the air to keep them on the ground.

I believe Bowman was in the 9 yesterday, Chase is there today
Yep...It looked like he was playing it smart by easing into it and getting use to the new car instead of taking a chance of crashing or spinning out like a few others did. I bet the 3 team wishes they would have done the same thing. There is no reason to go balls to the wall on the first day.

Yep...It looked like he was playing it smart by easing into it and getting use to the new car instead of taking a chance of crashing or spinning out like a few others did. I bet the 3 team wishes they would have done the same thing. There is no reason to go balls to the wall on the first day.

You have to remember that RCR has a lot more testing data than most other teams being that they have worked on this project since day 1. It might not have been seen as a huge risk to them compared to other teams

You have to remember that RCR has a lot more testing data than most other teams being that they have worked on this project since day 1. It might not have been seen as a huge risk to them compared to other teams
Thanks for that info. I haven't really followed much about the new car so I don't really know who has previously been testing it. I think I do remember Byron testing it in California one time and I think he spun out or brushed the wall if my memory is correct.

watching the 11, 20 and 45 running I guess near each other right now hasn't been very impressive. They don't seem to be able to really gain any ground or pass one another

Surprised to not see JGR participating in that

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This is a fellow that lives in the condo's at Charlotte Motor Speedway that I follow on Twitter, hes had some good videos the last 24 hours.

I hope this isnt the way they are gonna show practice next year. Laps without times are useless and the guy running the camera cant keep a centered frame to save his life

One guy standing up top of the track in the wind all freakin day, trying to cover a mile and a half track? Can't expect much...he ain't no roof top Ray.

Doing pitstop practice now. Twice 24 car has done the stop then jacked car up and have a crew guy grab the wheel and check it it wobbles/loose? RCR crew is really being anal and using the HUGE torque wrench. Lots to learn. Wheels WILL fall off.

Back
Top Bottom