'21 Generation 7 Car news

I agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned, NASCAR made a HUGE mistake when they started to allow asymmetrical cars, and I could never figure WHY they would allow it. Even more than the CoT, mid 2000's versions were the stupidest looking cars to ever run NASCAR races.
I loved the 2003-2007 cars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The chassis has to go thru the R&D center now. They will inspect them and I assume mark the suspension mounting points to watch for modification. I completely discount some previous suggestions about 'flexible chassis" tubing being used. That works on dirt but not so much on asphalt for 4-500 miles races when the car has to be raced again.
All I'm saying is that if you allow a tolerance teams will manipulate the chassis for a performance advantage. They're doing the same thing with the bodies right now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All I'm saying is that if you allow a tolerance teams will manipulate the chassis for a performance advantage. They're doing the same thing with the bodies right now

I understand what you are saying and yeah with the current car that is mostly built by the teams, constant development engineering for more speed while staying under the radar is constantly going on. Outside vendors making certain parts should eliminate a lot of that. The last I heard was that the OEM's will build their own engines, so I'm sure they will dump a ton of money in the engines. Raising HP is the most expensive and gives the least results to gain speed but that isn't going to stop anybody who has the money from doing so, but at least it is a performance enhancer that shows the least results on the track compared to reducing drag by aero.

There was a good idea with the COT though, ot was designed to eliminate the need for track specific cars
Thing is i didn't know that wasn't still included in current chassis. COT was beginning of R& D pre-inspection of chassis before any body panels were installed. Just bare chassis or if you prefer roll cage & frame. I thought they still did that? The speed is found in underbody and radiator panels along with very slight body tweaks. These cars are just huge go-karts so for tracks that they don't use much brake the suspension is fairly irrelevant. Car runs around on bump stops. The new car should be a whole new deal.

The COT was ugly as **** but provided some of the best racing the sport has seen.

Don't @ me.

The COT was ugly as **** but provided some of the best racing the sport has seen.

Don't @ me.

3ef

:D

IIRC a lot of people started to get turned off the Gen4 when they started doing the coil binding and all that.

"An exclamatory phrase which typically follows the statement of a controversial of unpopular opinion. Used almost exclusively online. Effect is similar to ‘dropping the mic’."

Yeah, that tells me when and where it's used but not what it means. What does it mean to you? What message or information are you trying to convey?
Ffs I gave you the dictionary definition
giphy.gif

I wish i would of followed racing more back in the 1990's. Those cars looked the best and raced the best. I seen a race from 1995 the other day and was blown away how much better they could race each other

Testing the car at ISM/Phoenix.
Joey Logano to test Next Gen car at ISM Raceway next week

This is confusing I believe it was yesterday and today

Joey Logano will take part in a two-day test of the Cup Series’ Next Gen car next weekend at ISM Raceway, NASCAR confirmed Tuesday.

The test on the 1-mile track is scheduled for Monday and Tuesday with Logano the only driver participating.

NASCAR President Steve Phelps said during championship weekend in Miami that the car is expected to be delivered to teams in July of next year.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/joey-logano-to-test-next-gen-car-at-ism-raceway-next-week/

I think you're forgetting the group you're dealing with in the nascar garage. For example even a blue print has a tolerance on every dimension. I guarantee you teams will be going through every one of those dimensions and test to see on which side of the tolerance is better. It's no different than what's going on with the bodies right now. Teams are pushing the tolerance to the max for performance gains.

Remember this is the same group of people that were cutting slits in the wraps and figuring out the ideal spot for the Jackman to accidentally "bump" into the car

Metrology is a beautiful thing

I wish i would of followed racing more back in the 1990's. Those cars looked the best and raced the best. I seen a race from 1995 the other day and was blown away how much better they could race each other

I will say too the speeds made a big difference. I think it’s what hurt the end of the low downforce era, they were carrying so much damn speed into turns that passing on 1.5 & 2 mile tracks became essentially impossible without a horsepower advantage

Looking at the picture of the Gen7 cars, is it me or is the trunk area (decklid) shorter than the Gen6?

Looking at the picture of the Gen7 cars, is it me or is the trunk area (decklid) shorter than the Gen6?
I know they will say it's a generic body, but I wouldn't think it is that far off. Hopefully some decent pictures will show up.

Stop playing with me:

- Car is not crabbing
- The car is not sucked to the ground
- Dual exhaust outlets on both sides
- Sound badass, of course and I'm noticing the RPMs are not as dramatic.

Not to mention the car looks great from the front, but I need some pics of the rear and that rear decklid. NASCAR might be onto to something here...

I like it so far at least it tracks straight and isn't all yawed out. Sadly give teams enough time and they'll take care of that

I'd like to see a good front on pic and an overhead pic

Stop playing with me:

- Car is not crabbing
- The car is not sucked to the ground
- Dual exhaust outlets on both sides
- Sound badass, of course and I'm noticing the RPMs are not as dramatic.

Not to mention the car looks great from the front, but I need some pics of the rear and that rear decklid. NASCAR might be onto to something here...

Remember this is still a generic body. They are still testing the chassis and suspension.

I don't care about the body. Want to see the suspension and drive-train. Big springs or coil-overs? IRS or solid axle? Rack & Pinion or 50 y/o center link/idler arm ****. Quick change center section so they don't have to spend a million bucks on rear gears?

Still not a big fan of the big ass rear spolier, but this car is looking better and better.

Liking that profile a lot.
The nose is basically flat from top to bottom, other than the slightly recessed trapezoid around the grill.

There's a whole lot of square footage on that front end below the top crease going to the hood. Might make for some interesting paint schemes.

Does the splitter stop several inches short of spanning the full front width? That should put an end to the Ben-Hur effect.

Back
Top Bottom