'21 Generation 7 Car news

I won't believe the new rules have any merit until they actually enforce them against a big name. Nascar has a history of empty threats.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I won't believe the new rules have any merit until they actually enforce them against a big name. Nascar has a history of empty threats.

They tend to use their might with the smallest competitors that are powerless. Look at what they did to Carl Long for instance. I could see them really swinging their weight around if an underfunded team tried anything big to get a leg up, but they aren't gonna sit a Chase Elliott out of the playoffs no matter what imo

crab walking is still ok?
Dont believe you are gonna see that. These cars are meant to be symmetrical and track straight. Teams are playing around with shims on the right rear but I dont think it would pass tech

Dont believe you are gonna see that. These cars are meant to be symmetrical and track straight. Teams are playing around with shims on the right rear but I dont think it would pass tech
Rear steer is limited by rule and inspected.

Yeah they are going to get a little wiggle room, not a whole lot though it doesn't look like

1643086352749.png

If a team has to spray-paint the number on the side of a repaired car, is there a penalty if the number is centered instead of being near the front wheel well?

Micheal Waltrip and NAPA beg to differ along with Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Chad Knaus, Rodney Childers, etc..... This car was created by all 3 manufacturers to stop that kind of bull****

They tend to use their might with the smallest competitors that are powerless. Look at what they did to Carl Long for instance. I could see them really swinging their weight around if an underfunded team tried anything big to get a leg up, but they aren't gonna sit a Chase Elliott out of the playoffs no matter what imo
MWR says hello and Carl Long brought in an oversized engine. I dont care if he runs 40th every week, you fine him like the rest

The 20 JGR car also ran an illegal engine but that more or less got pushed under the rug......
No, it didnt. Quit making stuff up

Kenseth was penalized with a loss of 50 points. His crew chief, Jason Ratcliff, had been fined $200,000, suspended from NASCAR competition for six points-paying races, as well as next month's all-star event (non-points), and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car owner Joe Gibbs was docked 50 points as well.

What's really to gain from Daytona testing anymore? They used to be able to dial downforce in or out of the bodies substantially and especially before Daytona was repaved they used to get particular about the bodies to influence handling and then also how the cars sucked up in the draft. Now what do you learn on track there? Can't even run different tape configurations
New car?

Well it's simple, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. If you would spend more time on research you wouldn't sound like such an uninformed fan. Rev and now you whine and moan and use "the parts freeze" excuse whenever he has a chance. But neither you or he knows what the part freeze is. Here, bone up BTW every team had to abide by those rules. What both you and he don't realize is that HIS TOYOTAS wouldn't be the only manufacturer spending 50-60 thousand a week developing parts.

First of all, after there was not previously a limit, there will now be an allowable maximum of 12 certified chassis designated as “active” at any given team for each car number. A chassis can only be decertified or retired only after it has been used in three or it sustained damage from a crash that is deemed irreparable. There will now be an allowable maximum of 10 unique chassis designs for each organization.

Secondly, after there was not previously a limit, organizations will now be limited to 150 hours per year of wind tunnel testing. The four wind tunnel facilities of Aerodyn Wind Tunnel in Mooresville, North Carolina, Auto Research Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, Penske Technology Group Wind Tunnel in Mooresville, North Carolina and Windshear Wind Tunnel in Concord, North Carolina are the only locations where such testing can occur.

Furthermore, the requirements of running three full long-block seals and 13 short-block seals throughout the season have changed. Each team will now be required to compete in a minimum of eight events using each.

Babbling about cost savings is not the point. The point is that MY Toyotas and Ford were neutered. Episode #176 Door, Bumper, Clear....includes other "uninformed fans" discussing this same issue. I think that your consistent big reaction to this topic is telling. Your post is ridiculous. Every team had to "bone up" to that rule. One team started ahead, and stayed ahead because of it. This isn't a NASCAR thing, this is second grade logic.

Kenseth was penalized with a loss of 50 points. His crew chief, Jason Ratcliff, had been fined $200,000, suspended from NASCAR competition for six points-paying races, as well as next month's all-star event (non-points), and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car owner Joe Gibbs was docked 50 points as well.
Board Rule #1: DO NOT disrupt the narrative.

Money means nothing. After appeal it was a one race suspension and 12 pts. Man don't be so harsh!

Money means nothing. After appeal it was a one race suspension and 12 pts. Man don't be so harsh!
Find literally anybody that saw what happened there as a performance advantage. I will wait.

Uhhhhh what? They were adding and taking away spoiler height from different manufacturers almost week to week sometimes in the 90s. Then look at how the 2003 Chevy had shelves ahead of the headlight decals vs the 2002 car with none, even though the street car didn't change at all. Look at the 2006 vs 2007 Charger nose when that street car didn't change either. NASCAR has always allowed manufacturers to catch up for the sake of parity, that goes back several decades.
....and Chevy won 13 consecutive Manufacturers Titles......

Find literally anybody that saw what happened there as a performance advantage. I will wait.
Intent doesn't matter, illegal is illegal. Obviously there was an advantage to making parts lighter or they wouldn't do it. Funny how they started going through engines and TRD admitted another engine they planned to run for an upcoming event also had light parts in it.

Intent doesn't matter, illegal is illegal. Obviously there was an advantage to making parts lighter or they wouldn't do it. Funny how they started going through engines and TRD admitted another engine they planned to run for an upcoming event also had light parts in it.
You simply cannot find anybody who saw that as a performance advantage. Nobody. Whether or not intent should be a factor is a discussion for another thread.

You simply cannot find anybody who saw that as a performance advantage. Nobody. Whether or not intent should be a factor is a discussion for another thread.
So it's ok to break the rules as long as you didn't mean to? lol! It's funny in the history of nascar nobody intended to break the rules, but those things they did on accident always make the car faster, not slower. Light parts give you an advantage otherwise you wouldn't run them

Babbling about cost savings is not the point. The point is that MY Toyotas and Ford were neutered. Episode #176 Door, Bumper, Clear....includes other "uninformed fans" discussing this same issue. I think that your consistent big reaction to this topic is telling. Your post is ridiculous. Every team had to "bone up" to that rule. One team started ahead, and stayed ahead because of it. This isn't a NASCAR thing, this is second grade logic.
I didn't babble. Those were the rules I posted, and a link where they could be read. Everybody had a parts freeze so they could use up all of their old inventories. What do you think a parts freeze is? Get over it cry baby.

Thats right and it goes for Carl Long too. After that they can go through the appeal process. Which both did

I didn't babble. Those were the rules I posted, and a link where they could be read. Everybody had a parts freeze so they could use up all of their old inventories. What do you think a parts freeze is? Get over it cry baby.
Everybody had a parts freeze at a time when one manufacturer had an advantage. How many times do I need to post this....and how can you not understand the significance?

Everybody had a parts freeze at a time when one manufacturer had an advantage. How many times do I need to post this....and how can you not understand the significance?
That's your fantasy about an advantage. Probably need to talk to YOUR TRD powered TOYOTA people as to why they looked at the numbers and approved the car. There's your problem lol. They said it was ok, and you being the little guy screaming at the top of his lungs that it wasn't is getting old and mossy. Time to move on with this B.S., it's Gen 7 time.

Hey, there is more testing today and tomorrow.

Starts in about... 12 minutes, go get some needed therapy playing it in the background.👍🏾

Weird. Went to YouTube on TV and it said not on till 4PM. Went there on PC and they practicing. Back to TV...it's on. I miss AOL. TV occasionally stealth updates in middle of night and when turned on is all kinds of messed up. Had at least 3 times in two years where the sound quit. Do reset and all better. Where is my old reliable AOL squeal squawk squeal?

Interesting that NASCAR is gonna "let them" run the Gen7a stubs/bumpers/suspension(???) at the Coliseum. I guess since they contracted their construction, they own them (NASCAR). I DID ask a top CC how many cars they had ready to go week or so ago...he said ONE. Now it's quite possible he's trolling me. I'd bet all the teams have members here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom