'21 Generation 7 Car news

Fair point.

It's easy to criticize GM for the FWD models, it's easy to criticize Ford for a sedan, it's easy to criticize Toyota for the Supra.....but they can all be justified on some level. But a Honda Ridgeline in the Truck Series? It's not a V8 and it's not available in a regular cab -- because it's not a real body-on-frame pickup. It's a Pilot with the back cut off. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

To that point, I don't see the benefit for Honda. Why would they enter NASCAR when their product offerings don't relate?
I think the fine line drawn is by the OEM, It's a $$$ dump and make it fit after that. There isn't any frame under a truck that is anywhere's close to stock, everybody has the same motor, no sheetmetal is the same. They look similar to a stock truck going by at 150 though lol.

Things that make you go hmmm

And that's why I can't stand the sanctioning body. I swear it's a game of "who's line is it anyway". We make up the rules as we go along and points don't matter

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The gerbils said when it happened that nascar recently changed the rule so that if it happens on pit road there won't be a penalty.
Again, unofficial RF Rule....Don't disrupt the narrative.

nopenopnopenopenope all the rumors of the car being too stiff were totally false NASCAR was on top of it and any rumors you heard about this issue in the NextGen's development were false.

I've commented in race threads after hard hits the car does not seem to "shred" off parts as much as previous cars or have nearly as much damage. I've been told I'm wrong...

nopenopnopenopenope all the rumors of the car being too stiff were totally false NASCAR was on top of it and any rumors you heard about this issue in the NextGen's development were false.

I've commented in race threads after hard hits the car does not seem to "shred" off parts as much as previous cars or have nearly as much damage. I've been told I'm wrong...
We cant be having this kind of death bedding here. In all seriousness the hits look harder to me, I noticed the cars not breaking up as much and now the drivers are admitting the hits are harder. Might be something to keep an eye on.

We cant be having this kind of death bedding here. In all seriousness the hits look harder to me, I noticed the cars not breaking up as much and now the drivers are admitting the hits are harder. Might be something to keep an eye on.
I see nothing.gif

Don't know what to think about this one. Drivers say the hits are hard but appears onboard data doesn't agree. Crashes are way up and no one has been significantly hurt. I guess I wouldn't call this one a failure at this point

Don't know what to think about this one. Drivers say the hits are hard but appears onboard data doesn't agree. Crashes are way up and no one has been significantly hurt. I guess I wouldn't call this one a failure at this point

You know what they say about lies, damn lies and statistics, well data can be the same way. Listen to this weeks Dale Jr. Download where Tony Eury Jr. talks about using a HMS developed sim program that was producing great predicable results for the 88 team, but the HMS engineers kept finding “errors” in the sim. When they got done “fixing” it, Eury said it was useless and no longer corresponded with what Dale was feeling in the car.

You know what they say about lies, damn lies and statistics, well data can be the same way. Listen to this weeks Dale Jr. Download where Tony Eury Jr. talks about using a HMS developed sim program that was producing great predicable results for the 88 team, but the HMS engineers kept finding “errors” in the sim. When they got done “fixing” it, Eury said it was useless and no longer corresponded with what Dale was feeling in the car.
That's not exactly what he said. As they improved the programing he wasn't getting the output that he was in the original program. Not exactly wrong but now he didn't know what the he should be looking for anymore. I belive he said he wanted at 52 for wedge, well turns out he probably was never at 52 but whatever that number was is what they liked. After upgrades when they setup for that 52 it didn't do the same as the original 52. It's like using a bad caliper to measure. With the bad instrument you found what worked, but it wasn't actually what you thought it was.

SHR had similar issues I belive last year. They found some error in the sim software that really led them down the wrong path. When the aero changes came out they thought they were getting back to what they had success with, but in reality they were significantly off.

That's not exactly what he said. As they improved the programing he wasn't getting the output that he was in the original program. Not exactly wrong but now he didn't know what the he should be looking for anymore. I belive he said he wanted at 52 for wedge, well turns out he probably was never at 52 but whatever that number was is what they liked. After upgrades when they setup for that 52 it didn't do the same as the original 52. It's like using a bad caliper to measure. With the bad instrument you found what worked, but it wasn't actually what you thought it was.

SHR had similar issues I belive last year. They found some error in the sim software that really led them down the wrong path. When the aero changes came out they thought they were getting back to what they had success with, but in reality they were significantly off.

Well, if the engineers had really nailed down the errors, they SHOULD be able to give you the new number that corresponds to what you had before, but it doesn't sound like that happened in either of those cases. It may well have been that the original data was not as far off as they thought. I am reminded of a comment I heard in a conversation at the track one. time. "That guy is REALLY sharp, but he has a way of adjusting a sixth place car all the way to fifteenth".

I listened to it...and I'll be honest, I get Jimmy Spencer vibes from Eury Jr. I didn't believe a word of drama out of his mouth. He's cooked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I listened to it...and I'll be honest, I get Jimmy Spencer vibes from Eury Jr. I didn't believe a word of drama out of his mouth. He's cooked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
What did he say that wasn't believable? The 8 and 15 team swap did indeed happen

If the No. 34 team wins one of the five remaining regular-season races to qualify for the playoffs, McDowell will be docked 10 playoff points.

“To make sure that all of those things stay above board, there’s going to have to be a culture shift from the way that the teams and NASCAR, for that matter, have done business,” NASCAR Senior Vice President of Competition Scott Miller said in January when announcing the Next Gen penalty structure.

“This deterrence model has more meat in it, more meaningful penalties, but I think we all thought that it was time for this with the introduction of the new car.”

Back
Top Bottom