500 RACE thread

Joey only met McDowell face to face to bitch about his entitlements because Michael is a “lower” driver. If it was another Ford driver like Harvick, Bowyer or even Stenhouse he would have kept his trap shut.

I do like Joey as a skilled driver but cannot stand the entitlement mentality especially at the Daytona 500.

I was pulling for DiBenadello and Menard during the final laps, they both had a good Speedweek. Menard's mistake was typical for pack racing. I'm not a fan of team tactics, I thought the 11 & 18 should have raced each other to the flag instead of manipulating the restart.

JGR did what needed done in the midst of a ****t show wreckfest. .......... the cream rose to the top. Joey mad ? too bad fer him

JGR did what needed done in the midst of a ****t show wreckfest. .......... the cream rose to the top. Joey mad ? too bad fer him

Cup champion Joey can't win every race.

Too bad KyBu played Hamlin's bitch...

Cup champion Joey can't win every race.

Too bad KyBu played Hamlin's bitch...

Kyle and Hamlin work for JGR and we will probably never know exactly what went down. I am glad my favorite driver started out the season with a good handful of points and put a wreckfest crap show behind him

what went down? strategy went down. A 1,2,3 finish for Gibbs when it all shook out. second one ever at Daytona. What we saw doesn't just happen every week.:idunno:

Would have been nice to see the Fords at least TRY to work together instead of McDowell trying to give Kyle the W.. but it is what it is. I can be gracious in defeat. Your boys solidated when it counted and finished 1,2,3. Congrats!

Fords have been very tight. I thought our 2018 Champion looked a bit entitled yesterday even when I don't think he would have beaten Denny with a push to be honest. If the tables were turned would Joey push McDowell or would he have gone with the car that had a better chance? Proud of OUR upset. Big time. Thanks.

Denny Hamlin winning on a plate track isn’t even remotely an upset

When is the last time he won on a plate track? It isn't about Denny, it's about the Toyota car counts. Ford had numbers and speed. They didn't expect the speed WE had nor did they expect that Hendrick would go with US.

Fords have been very tight. I thought our 2018 Champion looked a bit entitled yesterday even when I don't think he would have beaten Denny with a push to be honest. If the tables were turned would Joey push McDowell or would he have gone with the car that had a better chance? Proud of OUR upset. Big time. Thanks.
Should he not have been surprised when he pushed Kyle? I was.. and yes I do think he would have pushed McDowell if the tables were turned. Why wouldnt he?

When is the last time he won on a plate track? It isn't about Denny, it's about the Toyota car counts. Ford had numbers and speed. They didn't expect the speed WE had nor did they expect that Hendrick would go with US.

Don't get too full of yourself Revman, the finish had as much to do with having about the ONLY cars that somebody hadn't ran over and mangled as it did about how great any team or driver was.

Yes I do think he would have pushed McDowell if the tables were turned. Why wouldnt he have?

I think Joey is worried about himself in that context. I am not criticizing that. Just my opinion. I think he goes with a car he thinks can take him to the win.

Don't get too full of yourself Revman, the finish had as much to do with having about the ONLY cars that somebody hadn't ran over and mangled as it did about how great any team or driver was.

Part of the game. 1-2-3. Underdogs. Should have never happened. But it did. Fords win, and the narrative is all of that Ford horsepower. Toyota wins, and it's luck. Got it. I'll take it.

I think Joey is worried about himself in that context. I am not criticizing that. Just my opinion. I think he goes with a car he thinks can take him to the win.
That wouldnt have been Kyle in that instance... sure Kyle might get him to 2nd but I think itd be easier to have to go around McDowell once they were there

Part of the game. 1-2-3. Underdogs. Should have never happened. But it did. Fords win, and the narrative is all of that Ford horsepower. Toyota wins, and it's luck. Got it. I'll take it.
Way I see it the Fords had the better cars but had trouble getting together. The fact that the Toyotas and Chevys felt the need to work together speaks volumes.. not trying to take away from their win or was an impressive performance

Hamlin has 9 plate race wins, 3 of which were points paying wins. In no way is he an underdog at plate races.

Hamlin has 9 plate race wins, 3 of which were points paying wins. In no way is he an underdog at plate races.

How many did he lose because he was alone? All of a sudden we have Monday morning quarterbacks coming out of the woodwork claiming that they knew Denny could win all along. NOBODY thought a Toyota could win. Yet they did. Hot and slick, and complete teamwork. Loved it. Denny finishes his usual top 5 without help.

How many did he lose because he was alone? All of a sudden we have Monday morning quarterbacks coming out of the woodwork claiming that they knew Denny could win all along. NOBODY thought a Toyota could win. Yet they did. Hot and slick, and complete teamwork. Loved it. Denny finishes his usual top 5 without help.
Gotta agree there.. no one picked Hamlin in the whos the winner thread

Not luck from what I have been seeing, looks like folks are calling it cheating :rolleyes: Personally, I think it was alien tech stolen from a flying saucer :booya:

Way I see it the Fords had the better cars but had trouble getting together. The fact that the Toyotas and Chevys felt the need to work together speaks volumes.. not trying to take away from their win or was an impressive performance

They had to work together because the Fords have numbers. Ford became ordinary when the numbers evened out (and the sun came out). We know that Hendrick had the raw speed. This reminded me of when Ford figured stuff out, and side drafted the crap out of MY Toyotas to break them up after they made the tight team thing a thing in 2016. Ford had their plan.....they just didn't expect anything different than what had been happening. They got complacent.

Not luck from what I have been seeing, looks like folks are calling it cheating :rolleyes: Personally, I think it was alien tech stolen from a flying saucer :booya:

Butt hurt here today because a fundamental JGR narrative has been obliterated. They are tight. The culture is strong.

They had to work together because the Fords have numbers. Ford became ordinary when the numbers evened out (and the sun came out). We know that Hendrick had the raw speed. This reminded me of when Ford figured stuff out, and side drafted the crap out of MY Toyotas to break them up after they made the tight team thing a thing in 2016. Ford had their plan.....they just didn't expect anything different than what had been happening. They got complacent.
aw. B.S. all of the fast cars were wrecked, except the Gibber mobiles. The 22 had the left rear fender hanging out like a parachute and a back packer Ford left. The Gibbers survived the carnage better than the rest and had the speed at the last. It took luck/skill to be there. Next weekend the season begins.;)

aw. B.S. all of the fast cars were wrecked, except the Gibber mobiles. The 22 had the left rear fender hanging out like a parachute and a back packer Ford left. The Gibbers survived the carnage better than the rest and had the speed at the last. It took luck/skill to be there. Next weekend the season begins.;)

They were fast all day, and you know that.

Joey only met McDowell face to face to bitch about his entitlements because Michael is a “lower” driver. If it was another Ford driver like Harvick, Bowyer or even Stenhouse he would have kept his trap shut.

I do like Joey as a skilled driver but cannot stand the entitlement mentality especially at the Daytona 500.
Unfortunately I think Joey might be getting a case of the big head after winning that championship last year.

Most of the fast Fords were on the way to the scrapyard when the 11 and 18 crossed the finish line :lol2: The 20 had his share of problems as well. I wonder who the point leader is now ?

Most of the fast Fords were on the way to the scrapyard when the 11 and 18 crossed the finish line :lol2: The 20 had his share of problems as well. I wonder who the point leader is now ?

and so were the fast Chevy's and like the truck race, it was more about of who was left, who survived. Not taking away from the win, but that is what usually happens at a super speedway.

and so were the fast Chevy's and like the truck race, it was more about of who was left, who survived. Not taking away from the win, but that is what usually happens at a super speedway.

Do the cars on their way to the scrapyard get a trophy for their efforts ? I sure hope so

Good point

Back
Top Bottom