78 FRR is done

Maybe it is more about the extreme cost of remaining elite. He could probably find someone to offer a good enough deal to remain decent.
(Speculation warning). But I am thinking after winning a championship remaining elite is the only desirable option. An all or nothing world.
He climbed Mount Everest and he doesn't want to do it again.

yeah Denny is getting up there. Ol Truex is 42 going on 43, one bad season and the grim reaper preacher will get after him. Pearn to KDB in a heartbeat. :D

doh-27752443.png

Like Harvick said, many owners are at the age, do their kids want to run a racing team? Visser is 68 but is dinged with a heart bypass

You know ****s gettin’ real when yes-man MW is speaking out

MW has a point kinda, much fat can be trimmed and some of it has already happened, I think we will see even more, for next year. The big owners have a strangle hold on things as they stand, it has to be easier for new blood to get into the sport.

MW has a point kinda, much fat can be trimmed and some of it has already happened, I think we will see even more, for next year. The big owners have a strangle hold on things as they stand, it has to be easier for new blood to get into the sport.
He has big point, the major one.

Reactions: Pat
Just to get on record more clearly, I'm not apologizing for anything or anyone. I feel more like apologizing to Barney Visser, Joe Garone, etc. that they did just about everything right and still got screwed. I think this occurrence is a damn shame, and if it serves as a wake-up call to the industry, good. I personally find Toyota's and JGR's conduct in this instance to be highly distasteful, and I'm not just a reactionary Yoder hater.

Nascar hasn't been stock since the early 60's
yeah my point about Mikey's quote is the difference between a 20 buck shock and a 20 thousand dollar set. Having to buy from your affiliate with a deathgrip on parts instead of the open market is one of many ways to save money.

Lol Denny even in a down year is 10th in points and has 3 poles. He goin nowhere

Stupid question but when Visser sells his charter, they do have a race shop in Denver right? Will that team use it or is the shop a separate transaction?
The shop is just that, a shop. Even if say GMS bought out FRR they wouldnt get the chassis or engine info that went along with it. Thats proprietary info. Thats gonna cost them millions more which is why I think the deal fell through.

after Dale Sr died. Imagine that
I don’t think Sr. or the lack thereof has anything to do with the current negative direction of the sport.
I believe there are many factors including an aging car culture generation and an overall lack of stock car popularity among younger generations.
Regardless of the reasons, a sponsor bail on the current champ’s car is pretty serious.
HMS losing primary sponsorship on the 7-time car is equally alarming.
The ridiculous comment from NASCAR in TRL’s link is exactly what’s happening.
“Everything’s great.” If you don’t believe me ask NASCAR.

“NASCAR will continue to work on growing the sport and working with the race teams on competitive and operational excellence. Much of those efforts have already been put in place, and will continue to be a focus.”
o_O
Say what?

Kinda sounds like the "lock and loaded" response awhile back, are we sure Brian is still not still running Nascar from the rehab ?

Greedy NASCAR is contributing to it’s own demise.
Share the profits with the guys that create the fan revenue.

I don’t think Sr. or the lack thereof has anything to do with the current negative direction of the sport.
I believe there are many factors including an aging car culture generation and an overall lack of stock car popularity among younger generations.
Regardless of the reasons, a sponsor bail on the current champ’s car is pretty serious.
HMS losing primary sponsorship on the 7-time car is equally alarming.
The ridiculous comment from NASCAR in TRL’s link is exactly what’s happening.
“Everything’s great.” If you don’t believe me ask NASCAR.

you haven't figured out that Lowes changed CEO's yet I don't think. Sponsored them the whole time he was CEO. The new guy not so much.;) In fact it was almost immediately after he was named CEO the announcement was made.

Back
Top Bottom