All-Star race experimentation receives mostly high marks

Dude, the vast majority of fans and competitors are completely against the plans on the table.
What plan?
How many times have we seen stuff get leaked and it ends up being exactly that? It even happened with the all star package.
Yeah and I also heard they were gonna run it at several races this year but they didnt. I'm sure they are made changes.

The plan to poke holes in the nose and install a highly tapered spacer to bring power levels down to about 550 and have demo derby’s every weekend.
I was with you right up until I wasn't. That's not the play, although it may (or may not?) wind up being an unintended side effect.

550 HP is a hundred more HP than the Xfinitiy cars and a 100 more than the 450HP that the super speedway cars use to go 200 MPH for a comparison

I was with you right up until I wasn't. That's not the play, although it may (or may not?) wind up being an unintended side effect.

demo derbys that the same posters want and get with short track racing. All of a sudden just the thought of it happening strikes terror :rolleyes::p

Well yeah, it's wonderful at the shorties, absolutely horrid at the PLATES, and would be another calamity if it happened with whatever they come up with. Makes perfect sense right? :confused:
Never seen a fan base like ours before. The Pit gun fiasco is a prime example. NASCAR BLEW IT! LOOSE WHEELS! FAULTY GUNS! Oh, the teams were messing around and bringing unapproved stuff? Oh................. never mind.

And I am in the minority because I want to see the possibility of more side by side racing and if a wreck happens because drivers are fighting for the lead it will be terrible. Well ok, I'm fine with it.:D

demo derbys that the same posters want and get with short track racing. All of a sudden just the thought of it happening strikes terror :rolleyes::p
I'm one of the few who prefers the new Bristol. More green flag racing, few yellow flag caution laps.

I don't get the obsession with horsepower. To me, how quickly the engine responds to the gas pedal means more.

And I am in the minority because I want to see the possibility of more side by side racing and if a wreck happens because drivers are fighting for the lead it will be terrible. Well ok, I'm fine with it.:D
Im in 100% agreement.

The Allstar race wasnt a demo derby.

I was being sarcastic. And it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that 20+ car packs can generally result in HUGE crashes akin to Talladega, not Bristol. And if half the races feature 20+ car packs, the odds of torn up cars are high.

Ya’ll are nitpicking.

FWIW, I love multi-groove Bristol.

If it puts the #3 in Victory Lane more regularly NASCAR could be "back" in a big way.
I wasn't aware putting the #3 in victory lane was a goal. If it is, there are easier ways to accomplish it but that still won't draw the departed fans back. They don't need chemistry degrees to tell Ironhead from Silver Spoon.

I don't get the obsession with horsepower. To me, how quickly the engine responds to the gas pedal means more.

A 3500 lb stock car with Indycar power levels is going to be underpowered.

I agree, but we don't know (yet) that the spacer will result in big packs. If that's what the final product looks like, we can hold the door for each other.

Lmao, 10-4

Last edited:
A 3500 lb stock car with Indycar power levels is going to be underpowered.

The Xfinity cars have had 450HP to work with for over ten years. That is another matter of opinion that without seeing how they race, I can only go by what i can see and I have never thought, man those Xfinity cars are so much slower than cup cars because they really aren't. Pole for Pocono last year? cup was 179+, Xfinity was 172+ with 100 more HP than Xfinity, the pole speed with that package would probably be somewhere between the two 175mph . So all this whining about less H.P. without seeing the difference could be premature. BTW a cup car weighs 33 hundred

The Xfinity cars have had 450HP to work with for over ten years. That is another matter of opinion that without seeing how they race, I can only go by what i can see and I have never thought, man those Xfinity cars are so much slower than cup cars because they really aren't. Pole for Pocono last year? cup was 179+, Xfinity was 172+ with 100 more HP than Xfinity, the pole speed with that package would probably be somewhere between the two 175mph . So all this whining about less H.P. without seeing the difference could be premature. BTW a cup car weighs 33 hundred
3450, but whos counting

After attending Mid Ohio I’ll say the biggest thing Indy does better is allow for a slipstream to get big runs on your competitor as well as a push to pass. Yet NASCAR isn’t changing the design of these cars to allow the trailing car to get a run, in fact it’s the opposite. Clean air dominates except at road courses and short tracks

I agree, but we don't know (yet) that the spacer will result in big packs. If that's what the final product looks like, we can hold the door for each other.
They wont be able to hold it wide open after the tire wears and the field will separate, just like Charlotte
After attending Mid Ohio I’ll say the biggest thing Indy does better is allow for a slipstream to get big runs on your competitor as well as a push to pass. Yet NASCAR isn’t changing the design of these cars to allow the trailing car to get a run, in fact it’s the opposite. Clean air dominates except at road courses and short tracks
Always has

Yep Bristol is a case in point. Rated at the top in all of the surveys, it wasn't all blinding single lane racing but multi lane passing available aided by progressive banking and PJ-1. Without the PJ-1 cars were running at the top single lane.
Literally the point of racing.
You passed someone because you are faster and now are punished for it aerodynamically? That’s lame.
nope, getting out front by hook or crook in clean air when a faster can't pass is what we are talking about..the punishment is the faster cars can't pass

And also featured a quarter of the field

Literally the point of racing.
You passed someone because you are faster and now are punished for it aerodynamically? That’s lame.
Funny how the 18, the 4, the 78, the 14 etc... can all come from the back and pass people while in dirty air. Thats racin

The Xfinity cars have had 450HP to work with for over ten years. That is another matter of opinion that without seeing how they race, I can only go by what i can see and I have never thought, man those Xfinity cars are so much slower than cup cars because they really aren't.
Are you referring to their HP with plates on?

The difference in speed has always been noticeable to me. Not necessarily on TV, but in person for sure.

Are you referring to their HP with plates on?

The difference in speed has always been noticeable to me. Not necessarily on TV, but in person for sure.
The Xfinity cars use tapered spacers, I believe the first year was in 2008 and the HP is limited to around 450HP. For a speed comparison to the Cup cars who also are using the tapered spacer, pole speed for a 1.5 track Charlotte. Cup car 191 MPH, and the 450 HP Xfinity cars 184MPH for a whopping 7mph difference average speed that some say they can tell the difference sitting in their easy chair. I could be wrong but I don't think 550 HP is going to slow the Cup cars much

There are some here, I won't name names, but who go along with everything Nascar does. So why if the racing is better this year, why if cars like the 4,18 78, 41 can drive through dirty air....they demonstrated that yesterday....would you remotely be in favor of changing the aero package and putting a plate on these cars on the 1.5s?

There are some here, I won't name names, but who go along with everything Nascar does. So why if the racing is better this year, why if cars like the 4,18 78, 41 can drive through dirty air....they demonstrated that yesterday....would you remotely be in favor of changing the aero package and putting a plate on these cars on the 1.5s?
Hold on a second. You mean if I go back through your posts I'm not gonna see you complaining about the 1.5's?

you probably need to get up to speed on what they are purposing to do, it is all listed here, I don't think any of it is set in stone

http://www.racinboys.com/news/?i=63518

The Xfinity cars use tapered spacers, I believe the first year was in 2008 and the HP is limited to around 450HP. For a speed comparison to the Cup cars who also are using the tapered spacer, pole speed for a 1.5 track Charlotte. Cup car 191 MPH, and the 450 HP Xfinity cars 184MPH for a whopping 7mph difference average speed that some say they can tell the difference sitting in their easy chair. I could be wrong but I don't think 550 HP is going to slow the Cup cars much

The speeds as a result of 950 hp and 550 hp won’t be what’s dramatic. What’s dramatic is what that does to torque.

Nobody is whining. Nobody is a "phobe". Nobody is more or less biased than anyone else, as by definition this is a matter of opinion and preference. Some fans like the general direction NASCAR has gone in recently, and generally prefer to watch drivers forced to control higher-powered cars with less downforce. I'm one of those. That's how you separate the men from the boys (or the women from the girls).

Those on the opposite side place a premium on closer racing, and prefer lower-powered cars with higher downforce that are essentially glued to the track and each other. Many are openly critical of a few drivers being dominant and want everyone to be more 'equal'. This approach creates an entirely different kind of momentum-based racing that doesn't reward traditional car control racing skills.

People who favor the new package aren't happy with the current one. If they were, they wouldn't support radical change.

Finally, "Don't criticize it until you've seen it" is another cheap rhetorical trick that is designed to eliminate criticism until it is too late and what's done is done. Anyone who is familiar with motorsports knows what kind of racing is produced by cutting power and increasing downforce. All any of us can do is state our individual opinions and hope they have some impact.

The speeds as a result of 950 hp and 550 hp won’t be what’s dramatic. What’s dramatic is what that does to torque.

not really, in the article they said they are trying to shoot for 8,000 rpm with the spacer and the gearing, good sweet spot for a V8

you probably need to get up to speed on what they are purposing to do, it is all listed here, I don't think any of it is set in stone
http://www.racinboys.com/news/?i=63518
I read all that, why change anything right now? Wouldn't you agree the racing has been better?
Nobody is whining. Nobody is a "phobe". Nobody is more or less biased than anyone else, as by definition this is a matter of opinion and preference. Some fans like the general direction NASCAR has gone in recently, and generally prefer to watch drivers forced to control higher-powered cars with less downforce. I'm one of those. That's how you separate the men from the boys (or the women from the girls).

Those on the opposite side place a premium on closer racing, and prefer lower-powered cars with higher downforce that are essentially glued to the track and each other. Many are openly critical of a few drivers being dominant and want everyone to be more 'equal'. This approach creates an entirely different kind of momentum-based racing that doesn't reward traditional car control racing skills.

People who favor the new package aren't happy with the current one. If they were, they wouldn't support radical change.

Finally, "Don't criticize it until you've seen it" is another cheap rhetorical trick that is designed to eliminate criticism until it is too late and what's done is done. Anyone who is familiar with motorsports knows what kind of racing is produced by cutting power and increasing downforce. All any of us can do is state our individual opinions and hope they have some impact.
Well said as usual.
Hold on a second. You mean if I go back through your posts I'm not gonna see you complaining about the 1.5's?
The more I've watched this year, I'm saying why change anything, you want them to change the package?

I don't know what the hell they were thinking, 37 green flag passes for the lead compared to 0 the year before, those people who are invested in the sport don't know what the heck they are talking about. :D:D

Back
Top Bottom