All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Tony really did it this time. I wonder how Danica feels about Tony offering her up to race RP?

Wait, THIS made a political news headline? ...wonderful

Secondly she called him "Richard Perry".

Thirdly they used a very outdated picture of Tony and I wonder how Home Depot and Nextel feels about being represented by this.

It's time to colonize mars.

While a lot of you are concerned about the Petty / Patrick deal, i'm more concerned about how she does in the Nationwide race today. I hope she can get up on the wheel and drive a smart race and keep out of trouble...but, it's Daytona and we all know how hard that can be for any driver. Hopefully, she can stay out of the big one.

Look, Danica's JRM replacement who was pushed out of the Cup Series won his 4th Nationwide race in 35 starts.

Danica's replacement, who lost his Cup ride and was relegated to the Nationwide Series, is putting up vastly superior results in her former ride and your response is "SO?"

Do you really value a pretty face that much more than competition and merit?
He is aCup regular who dropped down, he should do well running regularly and in top notch equipment......so yeh SO!

Smith went winless in 2012 and got the boot after doing something with the #78 that no one else was able to do - win.

Tony the white knight. lol

I haven't seen him stick up for anyone as much as he has for Danica. I'm thinking he may have the hots for her. Even questioning what the King has done in this sport. Is this dude for real?

Also that deal about the King racing Danica is preposterous. Not only is Petty in his late 70s, but he doesn't have a clue how these new cars drive or feel.

The King is a good sport though taking up the challenge. My money is still on him.
Ehh, Tony's just standing up for his employee/teammate, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure King Richard or any other owner would do the same if she was their driver. The rhetoric is only amped up because it's Tony, and that's how he rolls. If he is trying to get with Danica, though, he needs to remember that I'm first in line behind Ricky Stenhouse-Patrick.

And I'm surprised this little race is actually going to happen. It means nothing either way, though. King Richard is a long-retired NASCAR legend and Danica is just getting started in NASCAR. Hopefully they'll raise some money for the kiddies, shake hands afterwards, and call it a day.

He didn't just "drop down" - he LOST his ride to Kurt Busch and was forced out of the series.

Then why couldn't Danica when she was in that same car two years ago?
She had her moments and should of ran another season there, Smith is expected to win ...Danica not so much, comparing the two is like apples and oranges.

Also, he has way more ability racing stocks than Danica and he lost his ride in Cup. lol

I guess my point is that it speaks volumes when a driver wins a race one year and gets booted from cup the next.

Also, he has way more ability racing stocks than Danica and he lost his ride in Cup. lol
yeah he got screwed around by more than one team. where the other hasn't produced anything that could be considered promising and moved up anyway. Life ain't fair..I know. Going to get me a whole lot of plastic surgery and a bikini, I want to drive a cup car.

yeah he got screwed around by more than one team. where the other hasn't produced anything that could be considered promising and moved up anyway. Life ain't fair..I know. Going to get me a whole lot of plastic surgery and a bikini, I want to drive a cup car.
We have some of the best plastic surgeons right here where i live. Do you want me to see if i can find you a number?

I'm sure she'll start rattling off wins soon enough...just gotta give her time, right? lol
Everyone here trashes her and doesn't take her seriously, I think she will win a race this year and shut up all you critics, if she doesn't then she will fade away just like any other driver that made it to Cup and didn't do anything.

Everyone here trashes her and doesn't take her seriously, I think she will win a race this year and shut up all you critics, if she doesn't then she will fade away just like any other driver that made it to Cup and didn't do anything.
I find it mind boggling that you think, unless a miracle rain called race, that you think Danica can outrace the likes of Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Tony Stewart.

The only chance Danica has at a win is at Dega or Daytona where the wild card of plate racing is a factor. Either that or a gas call or rain delay. Or, some combination of the two. Frankly, other than the plate tracks I dont even see her running in the top 10. When the real racing starts after Daytona Danica will get her teeth kicked in just like last year. On year 3 they will tell her to produce or else and she will fade off into history. The novelty of having a underperforming female driver in cup will have wore out its welcome.

The only chance Danica has at a win is at Dega or Daytona where the wild card of plate racing is a factor. Either that or a gas call or rain delay. Or, some combination of the two. Frankly, other than the plate tracks I dont even see her running in the top 10. When the real racing starts after Daytona Danica will get her teeth kicked in just like last year. On year 3 they will tell her to produce or else and she will fade off into history. The novelty of having a underperforming female driver in cup will have wore out its welcome.

Not only that but she's not going to get more attractive as the years go by.. which is a bit of a factor imo.

I find it mind boggling that you think, unless a miracle rain called race, that you think Danica can outrace the likes of Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Tony Stewart.
Don't know why you find that so hard to grasp. I said the same thing about Mikey when he started off with his team, everyone slammed me,it took a few years for that organization to get going and they did. Same with Danica, I believe it will happen, it won't be a cheap win either, meaning a rain win.

Don't know why you find that so hard to grasp. I said the same thing about Mikey when he started off with his team, everyone slammed me,it took a few years for that organization to get going and they did. Same with Danica, I believe it will happen, it won't be a cheap win either, meaning a rain win.
There's a difference between owning a team with capable drivers & being Danica.

There's a difference between owning a team with capable drivers & being Danica.
Same principle, in the second year MWR started to make headway, I believe it will happen with Danica also. There are a lot of people that are quick to write her off. Hell might as well say the same for her BF, what did he do last year? He didn't exactly light the house on fire!

I understand that you like Danica and all, but what have you seen to make you believe she is capable of winning a Cup race this year that isn't a "cheap win", and one where she actually out races the competition?

Wanting her to do well is fine, but thinking she is capable of a legitimate win on a non RP track this year is fantasy land.

I understand that you like Danica and all, but what have you seen to make you believe she is capable of winning a Cup race this year that isn't a "cheap win", and one where she actually out races the competition?

Wanting her to do well is fine, but thinking she is capable of a legitimate win on a non RP track this year is fantasy land.
I'm not a huge fan of hers, believe it or not, I just get irked when a lot of critics here and other places slam her, some of it justified, a lot of it isn't. I saw a lot of potential in her when she ran that full season in NW, especially when she was running at the front in that road track, beleive it was that long one which is 4 miles, name escapes me. Anyway she got dumped leading it, had a great car and was agressive. If she drives more agressively I think she will gain more confidence this year and put her self in the position for a win. I've been wrong before, could be wrong again, but I'm willing to stick my neck out with my prediction that she wins this year.

I predicted she would win a Cup race this year too. It was my bold prediction on dp's thread.

It was a toss up between that and a alien spaceship landing on the backstretch during the fall Talladega race.

I chose the Danice win as my bold pick because it's less likely to happen than that the alien spaceship thing.

My girl likes Danica and I can respect that, but I'm still going to make fun of her.

We're going to hear a lot of Danica and Austin...

Don't worry, she is going to save NASCAR.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...ck-is-nascars-biggest-hope-to-restart-growth/

>>In the long run she must start winning. JMI’s Brown thinks Danica has three years before sponsors and fans start to reconsider their investment if Patrick is not competitive. She has the tools to succeed with a well-funded team in Stewart-Haas. Her racing sensei, Tony Gibson, was the car chief for the title teams of Alan Kulwicki and Jeff Gordon. “It only took me two races to realize she is in it to win it and she is going to go a long way in this sport,” says Gibson. “A year from now she is going to turn some heads.”<<

Danica did good IMO
I damned sure cant say I could have done better. too bad she got caught up in someone elses mess again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom