All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danica rolling of 33rd today in a lousy qualifying effort. The real racing starts today with no restrictor plates. :)
With this new qualifying format i feel it's more about luck then effort. She had a really good final practice session that landed her 16th which is ahead of a lot of the heavy hitters.

With this new qualifying format i feel it's more about luck then effort. She had a really good final practice session that landed her 16th which is ahead of a lot of the heavy hitters.

Practice speeds aren't an absolute indicator of how good or bad a car is. Not everyone is trying to top the speed charts during practice.

Not saying Danica isn't fast this weekend, just saying that because there were some heavy hitters behind her in practice doesn't mean they aren't as fast or faster than Danica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Practice speeds aren't an absolute indicator of how good or bad a car is. Not everyone is trying to top the speed charts during practice.

Not saying Danica isn't fast this weekend, just saying that because there were some heavy hitters behind her in practice doesn't mean they aren't as fast or faster than Danica.
Yes, but it looks good on paper.:p

Now we have excuses for the heavy hitters???? :rolleyes:

1896854_10150368732994996_1890961120_n.jpg

True, but imo Danica cant race when it gets to nut crunching time. This was Richard and Kyle Pettys point and I agree with them. She will make a mistake and knock the wall down. Practice is one thing and battling for hundreds of miles is another. Her best hope for good finishes is to ride around in the back (which she does anyway) and let attrition take its toll on other drivers.

36th in the first real race of the year. No more rookie excuses for Danica. Her teammate wins the race so the equipment is stellar. Danica is going to be a failed experiment. Just how much is Go Daddy willing to pay for the obvious? I honest to God would give her a pass if I saw some potential but I dont see any at all.

Posted this in the race thread, but I guess it could go here too

10001444_10152303475679432_204739477_n_zps9837dd71.jpg

She is not going to be a nascar driver. I can't believe that people that have years in nascar can't see this. This is all about money. as a job foreman that hires tradesman I can tell within 5 minutes if they can do the job or not.

She is not going to be a nascar driver. I can't believe that people that have years in nascar can't see this. This is all about money. as a job foreman that hires tradesman I can tell within 5 minutes if they can do the job or not.
I think, or my opinion Danica is doing more harm then good when it comes to women in NASCAR, she is going to give the impression that women cant drive a race car, and that is not a good thing, I dont see her taking on the role as a female in NASCAR's top series very serious, she is there for the money, she is there because of money, she couldnt care less what type of impact good or bad she has, as long as she is cashing checks .

I honestly wish someone like Johanna Long could be in the #10 car, just to see what she could do , I just think Danica is not going to make it any easier for women in racing.

And that is bad

typical and predictable day for Danica. Lapped on lap 107 while actually trying to race hard and then wrecks out twice in the end. Will the real competitive female racer please stand up?

image.jpg

I know it's early, and she had a decent run going today, but notice that she is the worst standing driver with atleast two starts. (39th)

Is it still a sophomore slump if your frost year was crap too?

typical and predictable day for Danica. Lapped on lap 107 while actually trying to race hard and then wrecks out twice in the end. Will the real competitive female racer please stand up?
Finally, someone gives her credit for trying to race hard. Usually everyone says she is just driving around in the back not trying. Well that's a start... she may win you over yet.:D

...I know it's early, and she had a decent run going today, but notice that she is the worst standing driver with atleast two starts. (39th)

Is it still a sophomore slump if your frost year was crap too?

She started 33rd, raced up to 24th, got lapped running 24th then wrecked.

Did she really have a decent run going, or were you trying to be nice?

She started 33rd, raced up to 24th, got lapped running 24th then wrecked.

Did she really have a decent run going, or were you trying to be nice?

Trying to be nice. LOL

Dont know, frost sounds pretty good to me too. lol

Wait...you still got it wrong? You mean first? Haha
Frosh/freshman. That's what I was referring to. I pretty much killed it though. Haha

Finally, someone gives her credit for trying to race hard. Usually everyone says she is just driving around in the back not trying. Well that's a start... she may win you over yet.:D

She was racing hard and passed goofball in the 17. 2nd wreck was because they sent her out with a big tire rub

Found this in a Sporting News article. If she doesn't have a respectable result at Las Vegas there could be some problems down the road if she can't improve in qualifying.

Having crashed in back-to-back races to open the 2014 season leaves Patrick 41st in owner points after two races. After the third race of the season, 2014 owner points are used to help determine the field each week, determining the final seven spots in the field with the top 36 in qualifying getting in on speed. Another bad race and Patrick could be in danger of missing races.

Found this in a Sporting News article. If she doesn't have a respectable result at Las Vegas there could be some problems down the road if she can't improve in qualifying.

Having crashed in back-to-back races to open the 2014 season leaves Patrick 41st in owner points after two races. After the third race of the season, 2014 owner points are used to help determine the field each week, determining the final seven spots in the field with the top 36 in qualifying getting in on speed. Another bad race and Patrick could be in danger of missing races.
Well, that is something to watch for, we need more drama in that area eh? Her pit crew issued the coup de gras this week, but considering it all, that is the first time she has had a bad pit call. If she didn't t bone Allgaier in the first place..oh well.

Seems like I heard them ask her what was wrong once or what she needed and she said: "I
have no idea." My wife looked at me and said, did she just say I have no idea? How frustrating!

Her marketing value is far too high to allow her to miss a race. If she fails to qualify on time without points to fall back on, NASCAR will come up with something to get her in.

So whose placing bets on what lap she gets lapped on in Las Vegas? I'll go with 150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom