All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this in a Sporting News article. If she doesn't have a respectable result at Las Vegas there could be some problems down the road if she can't improve in qualifying.

Having crashed in back-to-back races to open the 2014 season leaves Patrick 41st in owner points after two races. After the third race of the season, 2014 owner points are used to help determine the field each week, determining the final seven spots in the field with the top 36 in qualifying getting in on speed. Another bad race and Patrick could be in danger of missing races.

They would probably just flip her car number with Tony or Havick to pad her from that possibility.
With the confidence that Tony and Kevin have the speed. I dont care for that option but I think it would still be allowed.

If she should fail to make a race based on qualifying it will not be the first big name. Petty missed a few, I think DW did too in the late stages of their careers.

They would probably just flip her car number with Tony or Havick to pad her from that possibility.
With the confidence that Tony and Kevin have the speed. I dont care for that option but I think it would still be allowed.

If she should fail to make a race based on qualifying it will not be the first big name. Petty missed a few, I think DW did too in the late stages of their careers.
I hope that doesn't happen. Even though i like rooting for an underdog sometimes i still want them to get in on their own merit and if they can't then they need to sit out until the next week and try again.

I hope that doesn't happen. Even though i like rooting for an undergo sometimes i still want them to get in on their own merit and if they can't then they need to sit out until the next week and try again.

I have been a critic of Danica but I dont want to celebrate her struggles.
I hope she proves me wrong in the long haul.

I have been a critic of Danica but I dont want to celebrate her struggles.
I hope she proves me wrong in the long haul.
If she didn't qualify it would probably get a little boring around here because a lot the guys wouldn't have much to say during the race. I think i would actually feel worse for them then i would her.:D

I think she'll qualify.,, if for no other reason then the fact that she should have more speed then some of these lower funded teams like Nemechek.. Plus Entry lists being low.

Unless she wrecks in qualifying lol.

When you pay too much for cable, you think Danica Patrick can race. When you think Danica Patrick can race, your friends take the beer and leave you to watch the race alone. When your friends leave you to watch the race alone, your wife grabs the remote and changes the channel to the DYI network. Don’t let your wife change the channel to the DYI network. Get rid of cable

I hope that doesn't happen. Even though i like rooting for an underdog sometimes i still want them to get in on their own merit and if they can't then they need to sit out until the next week and try again.

get in on their own merit

We're talking about Danica here. She hasn't gotten anything in nascar on her own merit, but more like on a silver platter.

It's hard for me to think of her in terms like underdog.

We're talking about Danica here. She hasn't gotten anything in nascar on her own merit, but more like on a silver platter.

Jealous???

Seriously, what has been given to Danica other than the original five race points from last year?

Jealous???

Seriously, what has been given to Danica other than the original five race points from last year?

How about the opportunity just to be in the Cup series. She certainly didn't get that on her merit. Unless you define merit as being a famous attractive woman.

Or the massive marketing blitz by nascar to promote her because it's "good for the sport", even though she has consistently shown she isn't capable of competing in the Cup series.

Patrick, Allgaier talk after race:

#10-Danica Patrick and #51-Justin Allgaier had a discussion in the garage about an incident they had during The Profit on CNBC 500 at Phoenix International Raceway. The caution waved on Lap 172 when Patrick, Allgaier and #32-Travis Kvapil got together. Patrick was upset on her radio about Allgaier, blaming him for the incident. Afterward, she went to Allgaier's garage stall and they talked. Patrick did not talk to media afterward, but Allgaier did. "She was just upset because she got involved in the crash that we had,'' said Allgaier, who finished 30th in a backup car after crashing during qualifying Friday. "She says she's been through this and that she felt like I needed to settle down at that point. I explained my position on why everything happened. I think she understood where I was coming from. It doesn't fix either one of our racecars. It doesn't fix either one of our days. Unfortunately, we were both having pretty decent days.''
So, how did Allgaier explain the incident to Patrick? "I just explained the situation,'' he said. "We went into the corner and I went to the outside and I think it was her and (David Ragan) and got by both of them and was just trying to get back in line and get going. Unfortunately, the end result was what it was

Nobody have any pics of the supposed congrontation between her and Allgaier?

When you pay too much for cable, you think Danica Patrick can race. When you think Danica Patrick can race, your friends take the beer and leave you to watch the race alone. When your friends leave you to watch the race alone, your wife grabs the remote and changes the channel to the DYI network. Don’t let your wife change the channel to the DYI network. Get rid of cable
I already took care of that problem...i kept the cable and got rid of the wife. "Disclaimer" It worked out good for me...but i wouldn't recommend it for everyone.;)

Last edited:

If you talk into my right ear you won't have to yell.:) Unless they have a remote control in her car then she gets in every race on her own merit. Until she improves her talent and wins some races " which i'm not holding my breath for" she is still an underdog in my view. But, i have chosen to root for SHR this year and she is part of that package. I'm sure you have heard the phrase...no man or woman will be left behind.;)

lol wasn't yelling, it's just that part of your post jumped out at me like that.
An underdog to me would be an underfunded team struggling to keep a toehold in their series due to lack of full sponsorship.

A team that has full blown sponsorship for years regardless of how competitive they are, some of the best equipment in their series, and maxed out on media attention and nascar promotion is not an underdog to me.

Does the fact that she can't do anything with all she has been given really make her an underdog?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the opportunity just to be in the Cup series. She certainly didn't get that on her merit. Unless you define merit as being a famous attractive woman.

Or the massive marketing blitz by nascar to promote her because it's "good for the sport", even though she has consistently shown she isn't capable of competing in the Cup series.

And the difference between that and Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, AJ or J.P.M. is?

So whose placing bets on what lap she gets lapped on in Las Vegas? I'll go with 150

Betting that she wont be the first car lapped at Vegas, there are some guys out there this year that make her look like a champion

I think she'll qualify.,, if for no other reason then the fact that she should have more speed then some of these lower funded teams like Nemechek.. Plus Entry lists being low.

Unless she wrecks in qualifying lol.
Entry lists have increased in size this year. 45 for last year's 500, 49 this year. Forgot the numbers for Phoenix, but 44 last year for Vegas versus 48 this year.

And the difference between that and Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, AJ or J.P.M. is?

They all demonstrated better racing resumes prior to running cup races, and better performance after getting to the cup series as well.

The 51 car didnt even complete a lap of practice before he needed the back up car

Stewart's and Gordon's records speak for themselves. Allmendinger railroaded his own career. JPM was under intense scutiny (some of it for reasons I wont bring up here) when he first came to Nascar but did earn his spot with a win, some top 10's and leading laps.

The 51 car didnt even complete a lap of practice before he needed the back up car

And there aren't Allgaier fans sugarcoating everything he does every week here to rationalize his existence in the Cup series either, so....

And there aren't Allgaier fans sugarcoating everything he does here each week to rationalize his existence in the Cup series either, so....

Why not, he is there and affecting the outcome of races ???? Oh wait , I forgot he is a guy. My mistake........................... carry on

lol wasn't yelling, it's just that part of your post jumped out at me like that.
An underdog to me would be an underfunded team struggling to keep a toehold in their series due to lack of full sponsorship.

A team that has full blown sponsorship for years regardless of how competitive they are, some of the best equipment in their series, and maxed out on media attention and nascar promotion is not an underdog to me.

Does the fact that she can't do anything with all she has been given really make her an underdog?
On the financial and equipment side of it, no...but on the talent side, yes. But, that being said, i think if she doesn't improve drastically in the next year or two and if her cash cow starts drying up that she will find something else that interests her... maybe even getting married and starting a family. There are a lot of rookies stepping into cup this year and that is a good thing.

When Allgaier receives the backing and media attention which Patrick enjoys, he'll get his share of criticism. Most of his attention thus far has come as a result being near a car #10 crash.

When Allgaier receives the backing and media attention which Patrick enjoys, he'll get his share of criticism. Most of his attention thus far has come as a result being near a car #10 crash.

Allgaier has been in the middle of a lot of wrecks. I'm not sure I can pin this one on Danica, especially after hearing Justins explaination. He came down to get back in line and probably wasn't clear. Typical Justin.

Why not, he is there and affecting the outcome of races ???? Oh wait , I forgot he is a guy. My mistake........................... carry on

Q: Why aren't fans here sugarcoating everything Allgaier does to rationalize his existence in the Cup series?
A: Because he's a guy.

lol well said.

Q: Why aren't fans here sugarcoating everything Allgaier does to rationalize his existence in the Cup series?

lol well said.

In all honestly I've watched Allgaier drive more over his head than most.. Except maybe Danica.

Allgaier has been in the middle of a lot of wrecks. I'm not sure I can pin this one on Danica, especially after hearing Justins explaination. He came down to get back in line and probably wasn't clear. Typical Justin.

I'm not questioning who was at fault as I haven't seen a clear replay. My point is that, with this particular wreck, he wouldn't be receiving the attention for stuff he does on a regular basis if #10 wasn't involved as well.

lol well said.

My point is that he drives like an idiot, he drove Nationwide like an idiot. He is in the cup series but nobody says a word, why is that ??? You can bet if there were a woman in the 51 this forum would have a thread about it

On the financial and equipment side of it, no...but on the talent side, yes. But, that being said, i think if she doesn't improve drastically in the next year or two and if her cash cow starts drying up that she will find something else that interests her... maybe even getting married and starting a family. There are a lot of rookies stepping into cup this year and that is a good thing.
So because she is still learning she need to be put down my some members of this forum... As for your comments about her getting married maybe we should lock all the women up and keep them barefoot and pregnant except when you allow them out to cook your meals clean your house and take care of your children that your honored her with

If she is so bad and you hate her being in Nascar so why do you keep coming to this thread? Unless you just like bitching about her

There wasn't even a heated exchange. They talked.

This thread keeps going in circles.

My point is that he drives like an idiot, he drove Nationwide like an idiot. He is in the cup series but nobody says a word, why is that ??? You can bet if there were a woman in the 51 this forum would have a thread about it

Allgaier has been criticized on here. Perhaps you haven't read it but I believe that anyone is free to discuss a drivers ability of lack of so let him have it - both barrels.

So because she is still learning she need to be put down my some members of this forum... As for your comments about her getting married maybe we should lock all the women up and keep them barefoot and pregnant except when you allow them out to cook your meals clean your house and take care of your children that your honored her with

If she is so bad and you hate her being in Nascar so why do you keep coming to this thread? Unless you just like bitching about her
Nitro Dude hates Danica? Lol Where have you been, bro?

I'm not questioning who was at fault as I haven't seen a clear replay. My point is that, with this particular wreck, he wouldn't be receiving the attention for stuff he does on a regular basis if #10 wasn't involved as well.

I watched the wreck happen in front of me, 100 feet away. The 51 was in WAY over his head and collected Danica who was running a pretty good race up to that point. The 2nd wreck was no fault of her own. Phoenix is a hell of a tough track and I have watched Danica EVERY time she ever raced at the place, the improvement is very obvious.

ok, he drives like an idiot and he's in the Cup series but no one is criticizing him. Why.

He doesn't have people here spinning everything he does to make it seem better than it really is, to rationalize him being in the Cup series. If he isn't competitive in the Cup series he won't be around very long.
I don't care that she got the opportunity to be in the Cup series. But don't tell me she's doing good, or racing hard when the truth is she isn't.

It's like trying to convince me the reset points are real and that I should believe those points are real and a potential one race championship is legitimate and credible.

Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom