All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh but has an entire damn thread that has tons of post been devoted it? Nope...why?

Because at the beginning of last year, many of the other threads were becoming littered with the exact same debates we now see here. The mods decided to contain the posts in one thread as there were, as you say, tons of them.

What's ironic is that Patrick is in Nascar for the very same reason that people are being accused of not wanting her there.

Does anyone really believe that if I started coming down on Travis Kvapil that people would leap to his defence? I seriously doubt it as I only see a few running to defend Kyle Busch and/or Denny Hamlin while they're being tarred and feathered on a weekly basis.

I don't see either side changing their changing minds and I don't expect them to.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Danica would actually show up to a race ready to be competitive, in top tier equipment mind you, then I'll stop criticing her. Hell, even Casey Mears won in a Hendrick car.

Most definetly, that is what gets me...it's just because she is a woman. If the number 10 were driven by a guy there wouldn't be a thread about this. It's like you guys thrive on criticizing her, you live for it. It's getting really old.
What would happen lets say that a driver..lets use Travis Pastrana, decided to race full time in the women's powder puff racing league? Took some cheesecake shots posing on the hood, flexing his muscles etc. You getting the idea bubba. You think that wouldn't draw some comments?..Oh I get it we are supposed to ignore it I guess?

Most definetly, that is what gets me...it's just because she is a woman. If the number 10 were driven by a guy there wouldn't be a thread about this. It's like you guys thrive on criticizing her, you live for it. It's getting really old.

I dont thrive on butchering Danica, I like her

Then you should really open your eyes, Kyle18 was at the race and saw it first hand, I can see it on tv that she is improving. She has gotten caught up in wrecks this year which were none of her doing. I really think a lot of you want her to do bad so you can put her down even more. If she doesn't show a steady improvement by the end of this year, then I can see some changes in the making for the #10. I'm not sugar coating anything either. She makes mistakes, but there are a lot of other drivers in Cup that do the same!

Yep, if she had been "laying back" she never would have bailed into a corner with a bunch of cars and risked being wrecked.

A part of the debate I find...curious...is that some say she isn't trying hard enough while the opposing side said says, yes, she is giving her all.

Now, I seriously doubt that she' isn't trying at all but if this is in fact the best effort she's capable of, what does that say about her ability to be competitive at the highest level?

Personally, I think that she'll improve this year but have yet to see anything in her that would make her a threat to win anything other than a plate race and certainly never a championship.

That has 0 to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her ability, as I see it. There are also a slew of other drivers which I feel the same way about and none them happen to be female - to the best of my knowledge.

YMMV.

Bottom line here is that Danica is in a cup car because she is a female that has a sponsor and is a novelty for the sport. She is not there for her talent nor her results on the track or ability or potential to run up front let alone win. I predict by the end of year three that it will be the last for Danica and her gravy train. I give her credit for cashing on what is obviously a bad investment for somebody. She will be back in an indy car before its over with or a nationwide car.

Occasionally I would read posts in the old Danica Thread and still do so from time to time in this current Danica Thread. About the only difference that I see in all of this over the past year is that we're all another year older. Other than that it's SSDD.

A part of the debate I find...curious...is that some say she isn't trying hard enough while the opposing side said says, yes, she is giving her all.

Now, I seriously doubt that she' isn't trying at all but if this is in fact the best effort she's capable of, what does that say about her ability to be competitive at the highest level?

Personally, I think that she'll improve this year but have yet to see anything in her that would make her a threat to win anything other than a plate race and certainly never a championship.

That has 0 to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her ability, as I see it. There are also a slew of other drivers which I feel the same way about and none them happen to be female - to the best of my knowledge.

YMMV.

Personally, I think she is trying just as hard as she can and just cant cut it. You know she wants all of us to eat our words along with a select few in the media. There is no shame in not making it in cup racing. These are the best of the best and it seperates the men from the boys (and girls). Danica needs to be in trucks or at the most the nationwide series or go back to indy cars or something.

Personally, I think she is trying just as hard as she can and just cant cut it. You know she wants all of us to eat our words along with a select few in the media. There is no shame in not making it in cup racing. These are the best of the best and it seperates the men from the boys (and girls). Danica needs to be in trucks or at the most the nationwide series or go back to indy cars or something.

She should capatalize on any oppurtunity that can get her seat time in a stock car. I know the K&N Series, ARCA, NCWTS & NNS doesn't have the glammer of Sprint Cup, but she needs experience. I'm in no way against Danica, but she hasn't showed much progression. Even at Daytona, was the crash her fault, no. But look at the in car, she doesn't turn in to it till the car starts back up the hill. She has self induced some hard hits because she doesn't know how to react. It's a lack of experience. You can't jump from a 1600 lb car and in to a 3500 lb car on limited starts and think you're gonna compete with guys like Ky Busch, Kurt Busch, JJ, Gordon etc. She needs seat time, and a lot of it. More then just a Cup schedule can provide. If she just wants to say I'm a Cup driver then she's hit her potential, but till she starts running the feeder series I don't know how serious to take her.

Then you should really open your eyes, Kyle18 was at the race and saw it first hand, I can see it on tv that she is improving. She has gotten caught up in wrecks this year which were none of her doing. I really think a lot of you want her to do bad so you can put her down even more. If she doesn't show a steady improvement by the end of this year, then I can see some changes in the making for the #10. I'm not sugar coating anything either. She makes mistakes, but there are a lot of other drivers in Cup that do the same!

The thing is someone doesn't even have to "put her down" for the Danica zealots to get mad. Like on the race thread Sunday when you said she raced her way up to 15th to prove she was doing good before she wrecked.

I pointed out that she didn't "race" up to 15th, that she got to 15th from mid 20's because cars were pulling off the track in front of her to pit. You told me I was just picking on her for saying that. lol :confused:

That's one example of the sugarcoating of Danica that I was talking about. You try to spin everything she does to make it seem better than it really is, and when someone gets real about it you throw the gender card. :rolleyes:

It's true there are lots of drivers that make mistakes, and they are always raked over the coals here for it. From what I've seen even when it's a simple racing deal, someone is going to be held accountable here. So why is it a problem when Danica gets the same treatment here as any other driver in the Cup series?

Are you saying she should get special treatment here because she's a woman?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Danica would actually show up to a race ready to be competitive, in top tier equipment mind you, then I'll stop criticing her. Hell, even Casey Mears won in a Hendrick car.

If the Danica zealots would stop candy coating everything she does to make it seem better than it really is, and throwing the gender card every time someone doesn't agree with them, I doubt I'd even give her a second thought.

But every week someone will show up at this thread telling of how "she was doing good", and that "she was racing hard", even though the number don't back it up.
And if you dare disagree with what the zealots say it's always because you don't want women in nascar. lol

They point to this thread as proof of the Danica hate, yet they are just as responsible for this thread as the "haters" .

I wanted to say something but DPs truthful post above shut me up. No need for me to add to the dipsheetiness. :cool:

The thing is someone doesn't even have to "put her down" for the Danica zealots to get mad. Like on the race thread Sunday when you said she raced her way up to 15th to prove she was doing good before she wrecked.

I pointed out that she didn't "race" up to 15th, that she got to 15th from mid 20's because cars were pulling off the track in front of her to pit. You told me I was just picking on her for saying that. lol :confused:

That's one example of the sugarcoating of Danica that I was talking about. You try to spin everything she does to make it seem better than it really is, and when someone gets real about it you throw the gender card. :rolleyes:

It's true there are lots of drivers that make mistakes, and they are always raked over the coals here for it. From what I've seen even when it's a simple racing deal, someone is going to be held accountable here. So why is it a problem when Danica gets the same treatment here as any other driver in the Cup series?

Are you saying she should get special treatment here because she's a woman?
Nope...all I'm saying is she gets picked on more because she is a woman. I'm not going to comment on this anymore, no sense trying to debate with people here who already have it in for her. As for Sundays' position at 15th I was going from what Fox stated, so take that with a grain of salt. As stated before she is not a favorite driver of mine, I do want to see her do well, but by no means am I a Danica fanatic!

Because at the beginning of last year, many of the other threads were becoming littered with the exact same debates we now see here. The mods decided to contain the posts in one thread as there were, as you say, tons of them.

What's ironic is that Patrick is in Nascar for the very same reason that people are being accused of not wanting her there.

Does anyone really believe that if I started coming down on Travis Kvapil that people would leap to his defence? I seriously doubt it as I only see a few running to defend Kyle Busch and/or Denny Hamlin while they're being tarred and feathered on a weekly basis.

I don't see either side changing their changing minds and I don't expect them to.
My point exactly we have an entire damn thread dedicated to trashing her...thanks for making my point.

Nope...all I'm saying is she gets picked on more because she is a woman. I'm not going to comment on this anymore, no sense trying to debate with people here who already have it in for her. As for Sundays' position at 15th I was going from what Fox stated, so take that with a grain of salt. As stated before she is not a favorite driver of mine, I do want to see her do well, but by no means am I a Danica fanatic!

No, that's not all you're saying. You jump at anyone that doesn't agree with your assessment of her and tell them their criticism all gender motivated.

When I explained how she actually got up to 15th you accused me of picking on her, just after your rant about how she is being picked on because she's a woman. How is it picking on her to say what really happened?

My point exactly we have an entire damn thread dedicated to trashing her...thanks for making my point.

You're welcome but please keep in mind that this is the "all things relating to Danica" thread and was put here by the mods. If there's an issue with that, I urge people to take it up with them.

Although I seriously doubt that they have time or inclination to patrol the board acting as her protector by deleting posts that some may not like.

Why not, he is there and affecting the outcome of races ???? Oh wait , I forgot he is a guy. My mistake........................... carry on

Allgaier also made it in to Cup by accomplishing things on the track. He won an ARCA championship and is the only driver in ARCA Racing Series history to win races on a dirt track, short track, speedway, superspeedway and a road course.

Danica is in Cup because she's hot. I like her and want her to succeed but, so far, she hasn't done a single thing in her entire racing career that merits being in the top league of professional stock car racing in the United States of America.

Allgaier also made it in to Cup by accomplishing things on the track. He won an ARCA championship and is the only driver in ARCA Racing Series history to win races on a dirt track, short track, speedway, superspeedway and a road course.

Danica is in Cup because she's hot. I like her and want her to succeed but, so far, she hasn't done a single thing in her entire racing career that merits being in the top league of professional stock car racing in the United States of America.
But the difference is Andy you stated your "opinion" concisely without endlessly bashing her, good job.

And she may never do much of anything but for now she is here and I have gotten kind of used to seeing her. She is just another example of a driver that ought to be in the Nationwide series till she is able to win a few races. Unfortunately big money trumps common sense sometimes in this sport.

And she may never do much of anything but for now she is here and I have gotten kind of used to seeing her. She is just another example of a driver that ought to be in the Nationwide series till she is able to win a few races. Unfortunately big money trumps common sense sometimes in this sport.

I really want Danica to succeed, I really do. I think she can win at Martinsville. She's got talent, I just don't think she can handle these bigger, heavier cars at speed.

What would happen lets say that a driver..lets use Travis Pastrana, decided to race full time in the women's powder puff racing league? Took some cheesecake shots posing on the hood, flexing his muscles etc. You getting the idea bubba. You think that wouldn't draw some comments?..Oh I get it we are supposed to ignore it I guess?

That's a pretty twisted Travis fantasy you got there pal! ;)

I think it's pretty cool that we can all share our different views or opinions about Danica on this forum without any real bloodshed and then we can see each other at a race track and sit down and buy each other a cold one. Whose turn is it to pick up the check tonight?:D

I think it's pretty cool that we can all share our different views or opinions about Danica on this forum without any bloodshed and then we can see each other at a race track and sit down and buy each other a cold one. Whose turn is it to pick up the check tonight?:D

:cheers:

I think it's pretty cool that we can all share our different views or opinions about Danica on this forum without any bloodshed and then we can see each other at a race track and sit down and buy each other a cold one. Whose turn is it to pick up the check tonight?:D

Yours! Tab is getting higher the longer I wait here.

Yep, some of us can anyway. I agree It's your turn. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom