All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want Danica to succeed, I really do. I think she can win at Martinsville. She's got talent, I just don't think she can handle these bigger, heavier cars at speed.

Most of the open wheel folks think that anybody can drive a stock car, then when they get the chance they discover it aint that easy. I think thats what happened to Pastrana. I remember reading that Danica couldnt believe how "ragged edge" a stock car is, she was used to having huge amounts of downforce and grip in the Indy cars. some really good drivers never get the feel for a stock car.

I think she can win at Martinsville.
If Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman & Kevin Harvick all wrecked out... it's a possibility. Rusty Wallace might win at Martinsville again before Danica does

If Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman & Kevin Harvick all wrecked out... it's a possibility. Rusty Wallace might win at Martinsville again before Danica does
If she gets a good qualifying run and doesn't have to start 30th, she could easily win there.

See there still is some hope left.:)

A part of the debate I find...curious...is that some say she isn't trying hard enough while the opposing side said says, yes, she is giving her all.

Now, I seriously doubt that she' isn't trying at all but if this is in fact the best effort she's capable of, what does that say about her ability to be competitive at the highest level?

Personally, I think that she'll improve this year but have yet to see anything in her that would make her a threat to win anything other than a plate race and certainly never a championship.

That has 0 to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her ability, as I see it. There are also a slew of other drivers which I feel the same way about and none them happen to be female - to the best of my knowledge.

YMMV.

I think she's trying but not hard enough in my opinion.

She's more worried about putting blame on someone else for her misfortunes out on the track.

Out of all her crashes, she's put most blame on the other party which happens to be the victim most of the time.

I think she needs to get her priority straight. Right now she's getting bailed out by and given a reason why she sucks so much by drivers like Tony and those guys.

Hell if I had a top quality guy, a champion backing me up even though I suck alot I wouldn't take criticism seriously at all either.

She was moved up to quickly, she should have stayed in Nationwide for a couple more years. I think Tony took her in for her sponsorship money. She also needs to run the number 7 on her car, I'm sure Tony has enough pull in NA$CAR to pull that off. I hope I'm wrong but I think NA$CAR pays her millions for just showing up so to get young women and girls into watching and buying NA$CAR stuff and race tickets. Don't get this post wrong I really like Danica and want her to do better than what I've seen so far. Maybe she would do better in Sprint if Tony got her to race more Nationwide races I think the cup guys race the Nationwide for the experience of how the cars do and especially how tire wear goes and feels.

If she ever leaves NA$CAR I don't think she'd go back to IndyCar, I'd like to see her in F1. GoDaddy's green would look great on an F1 car.

I think she's trying but not hard enough in my opinion.

She's more worried about putting blame on someone else for her misfortunes out on the track.

Out of all her crashes, she's put most blame on the other party which happens to be the victim most of the time.

I think she needs to get her priority straight. Right now she's getting bailed out by and given a reason why she sucks so much by drivers like Tony and those guys.

Hell if I had a top quality guy, a champion backing me up even though I suck alot I wouldn't take criticism seriously at all either.

Tony wasnt doing much better than Danica Sunday, he might as well have stayed home. whatever the 4 car had Tony didnt get any :idunno:

She came in 12th and 17th at Martinsville last year. Beats the hell out of me as to why and how, but it's her best real track.

Some aggressive pit strategy could turn that into a win, throw in a little fuel mileage for good measure. Rain too ???? Her crew chief owes her a win after his screw up at Phoenix, balls in his court. Of course the crew chief cant prevent her getting caught up in somebody elses mess

Tony wasnt doing much better than Danica Sunday, he might as well have stayed home. whatever the 4 car had Tony didnt get any :idunno:

Hahahahaahahahahahahhahahah

Tony was a solid 15th place car all race long right around where your boy was running.

Tony was even a top 10 car near the end. Oh and of course he didn't wreck anything. ;)

Some aggressive pit strategy could turn that into a win, throw in a little fuel mileage for good measure. Rain too ???? Her crew chief owes her a win after his screw up at Phoenix, balls in his court. Of course the crew chief cant prevent her getting caught up in somebody elses mess

Even after all that she couldn't win.

She's just not quick enough to even make that work.

She cant put 2 laps together, what makes you think she can hold on for say...20-30 laps for rain to come and bail her out?

No way.

Hahahahaahahahahahahhahahah

Tony was a solid 15th place car all race long right around where your boy was running.

Tony was even a top 10 car near the end. Oh and of course he didn't wreck anything. ;)

Tony finished 16th thats quite a lot worse than "my boy" "my boy" was driving a turd though, Tony shouldnt have been. Also "my boy" was the best finishing JGR turd driver in the field, a testament of his ability

She cant put 2 laps together, what makes you think she can hold on for say...20-30 laps for rain to come and bail her out?

No way.

Ya ya ya ya and James Stewart cant win as long as Villipoto is racing :XXROFL::XXROFL: any questions :laugh:

Tony finished 16th thats quite a lot worse than "my boy" "my boy" was driving a turd though, Tony shouldnt have been. Also "my boy" was the best finishing JGR turd driver in the field, a testament of his ability

You can thank the barrage of cautions at the end or else they would have finish hand in hand.

Ya ya ya ya and James Stewart cant win as long as Villipoto is racing :XXROFL::XXROFL: any questions :laugh:

I said win another championship.

You can thank the barrage of cautions at the end or else they would have finish hand in hand.

I said win another championship.

Im gonna go look

Check post # 197 in the supercross thread and get back to me :nyanya:

Oh, this is hilarious. :XXROFL:

1661502_633240800058171_2085919418_n.jpg

The one thing that we all should be able to agree on is that it doesn't matter if we like her or we dislike her she draws a lot of attention to nascar some good and some not so good, and she probably isn't going anywhere for a while...so on to Vegas Baby.

The one thing that we all should be able to agree on is that it doesn't matter if we like her or we dislike her she draws a lot of attention to nascar some good and some not so good, and she probably isn't going anywhere for a while...so on to Vegas Baby.
Good luck on the "we all agree stuff" you "have" been reading the posts huh? :confused:

She makes it to the garage OK.

No way.

Here is EXACTLY why I dislike her. It has nothing to do with being a “woman hater” or misogynist or any other kind of bias against her. It is totally based on her performance but more importantly, on what I call her “whining” behavior in the face of adversity. This behavior was also quite prevalent when she was in Indycar by the way. Did anyone notice that Michael Andretti said a few years ago that the teamwork on his Indycar team improved significantly after she left (although he didn’t mention her by name it was clear who he was referring to)? Here is an article about her NASCAR performance:

>>By any gauge Patrick's rookie year was disappointing where -- with the exception of the Daytona 500 -- she was largely uncompetitive. While no one is expecting a breakout 2014, there was hope with more experience Patrick could escape her struggles of a year ago.

Thus far the early returns suggest not.

At Daytona the magic she had last year during Speedweeks was absent. A rule requiring her and Stewart to start at the rear of the field in both the Budweiser Duel and Daytona 500 following an unapproved engine change left Patrick upset.

Frequently, she bemoaned her situation, criticized the fairness and openly questioned why she should even bother competing in her qualifying race. This outlook was in stark contrast to Stewart. The owner/driver was unmoved about NASCAR's judgment, understanding that because of the draft and fluidness of racing at Daytona, it made little difference where he lined.

Not much changed at Phoenix, where Patrick lagged throughout the weekend. In qualifying she posted just the 33rd-fastest time, and in Sunday's race her average running position was 30th.

Patrick also got swept up in an accident that she neither started nor could have easily avoided.

"Just sad," she radioed to her crew following her second spin. "I'm so sorry, God. All we have for luck is bad. God."

However, had she been running better at the time and not in the back where trouble lurks and inexperience reigns, her day would have probably ended differently. Patrick, instead, was 25th and a lap down when the initial contact with Allgaier ensued.

The underlying issue is that this is Patrick's fifth year of running stock cars and her second full season in Cup. Not to mention, she drives for one of the sport's premiere organizations with championship-caliber equipment at her disposal. Accentuated by the fact Harvick was in Victory Lane celebrating his first win with his new team in just his second race.

Which means, while Patrick's aggravation is understandable to some degree, the excuses of why she's not improved are starting to ring hollow.<<

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2014...-harvick-danica-patrick-justin-allgaier-crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom