All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her finishing 18th in a NA$CAR race pays more than if she had won an IndyCar race. Don:t know how much IndyCar plans on paying this year, but Robin Miller reported last year it paid $35,000. to win a race. That*s why he thinks IndyCar needs to pay their drivers more.
Gets paid $35,000 in one day and he is asking for a raise? o_O

I'm pretty sure the Indy 500 pays a lot more then $35,000. Nhra pays the nitro teams $50,000 to win and $10,000 for qualifying and an extra $2,000 for show up money if you're in the top 10 in points. Does anyone know how much the difference is between winning or 20th place in a cup race, and do they get any qualifiying money?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Indy 500 pays a lot more then $35,000. Nhra pays the nitro teams $50,000 to win and $10,000 for qualifying and an extra $2,000 for show up money if you're in the top 10 in points. Does anyone know how much the difference is between winning or 20th place in a cup race, and do they get any qualifiying money?
Bristol payout: http://www.racing-reference.info/race/2014_Food_City_500/W

If you fail to qualify for a Cup race, you earn $ 0.

Indianapolis money: http://gamedayr.com/sports/2013-indy-500-purse-payout-prize-money/#

Sorry I forgot to say in my post 'with exception to the Indy 500'. It was late when I posted.

I sense the desire to draw this thread into a debate over which series makes more money.....and the assertion that if you make more money you should be more highly qualified.

I think that debate is for a different thread.

I sense the desire to draw this thread into a debate over which series makes more money.....and the assertion that if you make more money you should be more highly qualified.

That isn't my desire, nor do i feel that way.

I'm about tired of this never-ending battle about Danica. Some like her, some don't. Some thinks she's doing a decent job, others don't.

For over a year this battle among posters has been on-going. The haters are going to hate --- and they will continue to see her as an
interloper unless she walks on water and turns water into wine in front of their very eyes.

The only reason I keep this thread open and visible is because it corrals all the Danica bashing and defending into one place. Otherwise, it
would spread throughout every thread in the forum.

I would like to point out that some are beginning to harass and demean other posters --- and that is one thing I will NOT tolerate.
That is the one thing that will shut this thread down --- period.

Either stick to the subject, or this subject goes away. The entire subject could be moved to The Podium, and any postings about Danica may be removed from other threads.

Clean it up, my friends, or lose it.

I'm about tired of this never-ending battle about Danica. Some like her, some don't. Some thinks she's doing a decent job, others don't.

For over a year this battle among posters has been on-going. The haters are going to hate --- and they will continue to see her as an
interloper unless she walks on water and turns water into wine in front of their very eyes.

The only reason I keep this thread open and visible is because it corrals all the Danica bashing and defending into one place. Otherwise, it
would spread throughout every thread in the forum.

I would like to point out that some are beginning to harass and demean other posters --- and that is one thing I will NOT tolerate.

Either stick to the subject, or this subject goes away. The entire subject could be moved to The Podium, and any postings about Danica may be removed from other threads.

Clean it up, my friends, or lose it.

All I would need to see is some decent results...

As far as this thread, we've basically taken 500 laps around the same boring track.

I try and see all points of view on this, but cant help but agree with you TRL. If I called anyone out I want to say that was wrong. I always try to stick to the subject not the poster.

Name of this thread is,
All things relating to Danica -- New season.
I have no data proving this but I think Danica has earned more money on the track in NA$CAR than she did in IndyCar, probably in one race that race being the 2013 Daytona 500 1st because of her winning pole 2nd her finishing 8th. I would think most of the money Danica made in Indycar was in endorsements not on the track. Also I think Danica seems happier in NA$CAR than she was in IndyCar.

Name of this thread is,
All things relating to Danica -- New season.
I have no data proving this but I think Danica has earned more money on the track in NA$CAR than she did in IndyCar, probably in one race that race being the 2013 Daytona 500 1st because of her winning pole 2nd her finishing 8th. I would think most of the money Danica made in Indycar was in endorsements not on the track. Also I think Danica seems happier in NA$CAR than she was in IndyCar.

AND she gets paid for hitting parked cars

With all due respect, it's nothing new to see a few Danica proponents demeaning someone that criticizes Danica's performance, so it's strange to see you say this is something that is beginning to happen.

I've been accused of all sorts of ridiculous things for stating my opinions of her performance and nothing was ever said about it.

I've even reported it when it was over the top, and still nothing was said.

I hope you mean this for those on both sides of the Danica fence.

Wanted to post this in the Auto Club Predictions thread, but didn't want to get yelled at so...

I'm thinking Danica will do decent at Cali. It's a big wide track and she can race her own race and let the attrition come to her.
I think she could get a top 10 there.

Wanted to post this in the Auto Club Predictions thread, but didn't want to get yelled at so...

I'm thinking Danica will do decent at Cali. It's a big wide track and she can race her own race and let the attrition come to her.
I think she could get a top 10 there.
Now you are to nice... I liked you better when you was bashing her.:)

So when of our drivers gets bashed why is it ok then and not when people bashed on Danica? There is a double standard in there somewhere.

My opinion is that once you put on that helmet and are out there racing everyone is equal. She shouldn't get a pass because she's new or because she's a lady or otherwise.

Just take the heat like we take it when people rag on our drivers.

As a Gordon fan I should know. Specially now when his career is winding down and I have to put up with comments like he doesn't care, he doesn't win much at all because he's old and washed up blah blah.

So when of our drivers gets bashed why is it ok then and not when people bashed on Danica? There is a double standard in there somewhere.

My opinion is that once you put on that helmet and are out there racing everyone is equal. She shouldn't get a pass because she's new or because she's a lady or otherwise.

Just take the heat like we take it when people rag on our drivers.

As a Gordon fan I should know. Specially now when his career is winding down and I have to put up with comments like he doesn't care, he doesn't win much at all because he's old and washed up blah blah.

Or he cant carry Kurts helmet etc. etc. :p

when all the basher are right, the danica backers will say my bad, I really thought she was the one.

It's simple; don't make it personal against another poster and if they do it to you, ignore them as attacking other members simply means that the attacker has no more reasonable debate left in them and they're waving the white flag, signaling that you've just won.

Take your victory and move on to the next battle. :)

It's simple; don't make it personal against another poster and if they do it to you, ignore them as attacking other members simply means that the attacker has no more reasonable debate left in them and they're waving the white flag, signaling that you've just won.

Take your victory and move on to the next battle. :)

If I ever win one I will move on very quickly :D

Gah.
Wouldn't it be nice if this thread went away just for awhile? I mean, damn, it's getting OLD!

Reckon we could just bash her and praise her in the normal threads awhile?
Maybe bring it back at a later time if it's warranted (again). I mean, most positions ain't gonna change by the end of this season so, maybe resurrect it early next year. Perhaps we wouldn't be so jaded with the whole thing.

I suppose I don't have to read this thread but sadly, I can't help myself and half the time I just feel like knocking half the people on the head.

Hmmm.... maybe I'm a masochist. Now that I think about it, perhaps I should consult a shrink.

I've forgotten why I came to this board...?
Carry on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom