All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say since I doubt I have ever replied to anything of yours outside is this thread or the NFL thread, you've definitely fallen off your rocker. :D

Anyhoo...no need to trash this thread of with nonsense. Lets keep it on topic. How many walls/car will Danica hit this weekend?
I say she hits 1 car, minor damage, and finishes 2 laps down.

hey ....

This is the sort of thing I am proud of DP for. Its truly awesome that little girls can say that they want to grow up to be race car drivers now. (You all know how I feel about her off track pursuits) but her heart is in the right place.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-cup-danica-patrick-womens-history-month.html

March is Women's History Month, and the NASCAR Hall of Fame has unveiled a new exhibit, "Women in the Winner's Circle," to highlight six decades of women in racing.

"From drivers to administrators to car owners, this special exhibit showcases the significant role women have played in the development and evolution of NASCAR," says Winston Kelley, NASCAR Hall of Fame executive director. "Female trailblazers like Anne B. France, who was recently nominated for the inaugural Landmark Award for Outstanding Contributions to NASCAR, to Danica Patrick, who was the first female to win a pole at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series level, are celebrated in this limited-time exhibit."

Originally developed by The Henry Ford museum and the Women in the Winner's Circle Foundation, this traveling exhibit is making its first stop in Charlotte. The NASCAR Hall of Fame has also added core artifacts to the exhibit to complement the rich story of women in motorsports. Vehicles, driving uniforms, trophies and other memorabilia are on display including:

Louise Smith's 1939 Ford Coupe that was raced in the Modified Division on Daytona Beach in 1950 -- Smith racked up 38 Modified Division and Sportsman Division wins in her 10-year career that spanned 1946-1956
Sara Christian's driving uniform that she wore on Oct. 2, 1949, at Heidelberg Raceway in Pennsylvania, when she finished fifth, the best finish of any female in the Strictly Stock Division (now NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
Patty Moise's 1990 Buick that set the all-time NASCAR speed lap record of 217.498 mph at Talladega Superspeedway on Jan. 23, 1990
Janet Guthrie's NASCAR license from 1977, the year she became the first female to compete in the Daytona 500
Danica Patrick's 2013 GoDaddy Chevrolet -- Patrick was first female to win a pole in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

In addition, the exhibit includes artifacts from other former and current drivers such as Janet Guthrie, Johanna Long, Shawna Robinson and more. Influential women in NASCAR are also highlighted including Lesa France Kennedy, who serves as CEO of International Speedway Corporation and vice chairperson for the NASCAR Board of Directors.

On Wednesday, the NASCAR Hall of Fame partnered with NASCAR Diversity Affairs to host a "Women in the Winner's Circle" luncheon and panel discussion. Panelists included JR Motorsports Co-owner Kelley Earnhardt Miller, former IndyCar driver Lyn St. James, NASCAR VP and Deputy General Counsel Karen Leetzow and NASCAR Whelen All-American Series and NASCAR Drive for Diversity driver Paige Decker. Moderated by SiriusXM NASCAR Radio host Claire B. Lang, the panelists shared how their professional and personal experiences have helped pave the way for a new generation of women leaders in the motorsports industry.

She has the skill and talent. I do wish she would have driven a lesser series for longer. But she is a dynamo and I proud to cheer for her

She has the skill and talent. I do wish she would have driven a lesser series for longer. But she is a dynamo and I proud to cheer for her

If she has the talent she sure does not have the results to show for it. Its put up or shut time this year and next. I appreciate a hard core fan but reality is going to set in hard. The comparison to Dancia and Loy Allen are scary close. If Danica was a guy, he would be out before you could say goodnight. She doesnt even show any promise or hint of running in the top 15. This is why this topic keeps going on and on. She is measured at a lower standard in the sponsors and medias eyes. Over hyped, overpaid, and under performing. I give her a big thumbs up for cashing in on what so far has been a farce.

If she has the talent she sure does not have the results to show for it. Its put up or shut time this year and next. I appreciate a hard core fan but reality is going to set in hard. The comparison to Dancia and Loy Allen are scary close. If Danica was a guy, he would be out before you could say goodnight. She doesnt even show any promise or hint of running in the top 15. This is why this topic keeps going on and on. She is measured at a lower standard in the sponsors and medias eyes. Over hyped, overpaid, and under performing. I give her a big thumbs up for cashing in on what so far has been a farce.

I feel the old boys network of nascar drivers will do anything to prevent her from success. You watch. This year she will win.
The world will be changed forever

Where is the strong results to backup such an outlandish claim that Danica will win a race this year? I'll give credit where it's due, she has improved for the most part where she starts however she always starts in the back. That doesn't lead to winning success.

If Danica is racing in Cup in three years, I'll be surprised.

Where is the strong results to backup such an outlandish claim that Danica will win a race this year? I'll give credit where it's due, she has improved for the most part where she starts however she always starts in the back. That doesn't lead to winning success.

If Danica is racing in Cup in three years, I'll be surprised.

She is constantly improving. just wait. as Ive said the world will never be the same

just found this on Jr's tumblr: This is what I mean....old boys network,....

“But at the same time, when I think about Danica, I just understand she handles — she deals with more criticism than anybody else has ever faced in this sport and that’s unfortunate. She goes by a different set of rules because of her gender, and that’s a pain in her butt. And frankly, it’s just got to get old.”
— Dale Earnhardt, Jr

tumblr_mszxfgyFNb1qlt9quo1_500.jpg

Made me laugh, and I like Gordon.

“But at the same time, when I think about Danica, I just understand she handles — she deals with more criticism than anybody else has ever faced in this sport and that’s unfortunate. She goes by a different set of rules because of her gender, and that’s a pain in her butt. And frankly, it’s just got to get old.”
— Dale Earnhardt, Jr
There you go talking about her butt. I jost got her butt out of my mind and you just put it right back in again.:)

She is constantly improving. just wait. as Ive said the world will never be the same

That is a matter of opinion, and I use Kyle Larson for an example. he is improving, most of the tracks he is seeing for the first or second time. The statistics don't prove that to be in Danica's world. But if she does win a race, it would not only be a first, but it would be in the worlds most competitive series.

— Dale Earnhardt, Jr

She's also had doors opened for her in nascar, and has picked up millions of fans because of her gender.

The good with the bad thing.

She's also had doors opened for her in nascar, and has picked up millions of fans because of her gender.

The good with the bad thing.

I can't disagree

Last edited:

— Dale Earnhardt, Jr
Yep sure is....way to put it out there Jr.

Another crappy day for Danica , why doesn't she just give it up . There's no place for wimmin in Nascar. :(

Oh, theres that top half of the field her fans so dearly appreciate. Congrats :huh:
SHR finishing 3rd, 5th, 14th and 36th (had tire issues all day)

Yeah that 14th looks smoking hot next to those top 5s

Oh, theres that top half of the field her fans so dearly appreciate. Congrats :huh:
SHR finishing 3rd, 5th, 14th and 36th (had tire issues all day)

Yeah that 14th looks smoking hot next to those top 5s

She is was just 1 place behind JG. I'll take it.

unlike Danica who basically bought her way in. .

You don't have that right Danica didn't pay her way in, NA$CAR bought her in. NA$CAR paid her millions to come to NA$CAR not Danica paying NA$CAR to be here.

Plus a 14th finish is pretty damned good after running close to 27th all day

Last edited:
You don't have that right Danica didn't pay her way in, NA$CAR bought her in. NA$CAR paid her millions to come to NA$CAR not Danica paying NA$CAR to be here.
Okay so either way she didnt earn her way in and was bought.

Okay so either way she didnt earn her way in and was bought.

Earn her way in, what do you mean by that? She spent her time learning open wheel while all your dudes were learning how to drive a stock car, but you won't let that stop your hatin on her. Also you can't keep saying she's been in Sprint Cup 2 years last I checked there's only been 5 races this season.

To be honest I thought she'd do better than she did today. Yes, she finished 14th because of lots of tire issues and cautions, but she was basically a twenty something car today.

She's 27th in the points which is pretty much where she's been running in every race this year.

Thought she'd be better at Cali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom