All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I thought she'd do better than she did today. Yes, she finished 14th because of lots of tire issues and cautions, but she was basically a twenty something car today.

She's 27th in the points which is pretty much where she's been running in every race this year.

Thought she'd be better at Cali.

Hoped for a better result as well, but she took car of her tires better than those that finished behind her. Good news--she can manage tires.

I feel the old boys network of nascar drivers will do anything to prevent her from success. You watch. This year she will win.
The world will be changed forever
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no "old boys network" in NASCAR anymore. It died with Dale Earnhardt. After Jeff Gordon, the pretty boy from the big ol' city, came in & rolled over everyone the ideals and face of NASCAR was changed forever. He broke the mold of what and who a NASCAR driver should & could be. The only thing holding her back now is herself. It's got nothing to do with gender bias or the system. That's just a pathetic cop out.

We have true young talent rising through the ranks right now that deserve the attention, not her. I wish she'd just get out of the way.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no "old boys network" in NASCAR anymore. It died with Dale Earnhardt. After Jeff Gordon, the pretty boy from the big ol' city, came in & rolled over everyone the ideals and face of NASCAR was changed forever. He broke the mold of what and who a NASCAR driver should & could be. The only thing holding her back now is herself. It's got nothing to do with gender bias or the system. That's just a pathetic cop out.

We have true young talent rising through the ranks right now that deserve the attention, not her. I wish she'd just get out of the way.

I'd disagree. Some drivers just dont want to get by a woman

I'd disagree. Some drivers just dont want to get by a woman
Drivers don't want to get beat by anyone. The gender of the driver is the last thing that passes through their mind. You're the only one that is driving the sexism bus.

Drivers don't want to get beat by anyone. The gender of the driver is the last thing that passes through their mind. You're the only one that is driving the sexism bus.

Hey drivers like dale jr even say there is sexism in nascar.

I have to admit, I see some improvement out of Danica this year. 21st, 18th, and 14th the last 3 races. She still 27th in points, right where she finished last year, but Tony is 17th, Kurt is 24th, and Harvick is 25th, so it's not exactly like SHR as a whole has been setting the world ablaze this year.

When?

And as far as I'm concerned Dale Jr is pretty much in the same boat as her. He was strong in his early years but if his name was Dale Smith Jr there is no way he'd still have a ride as HMS. Dale Smith Jr doesn't sell merchandise.

I have to admit, I see some improvement out of Danica this year. 21st, 18th, and 14th the last 3 races. She still 27th in points, right where she finished last year, but Tony is 17th, Kurt is 24th, and Harvick is 25th
Yet Harvick is in the chase and if Kurt & Tony keep it up they won't be far behind. There is a huge talent gap between her & her teammates. If Danica gets a win in this series it will not be because she outraced everyone on the track.

In this thread:

just found this on Jr's tumblr: This is what I mean....old boys network,....

“But at the same time, when I think about Danica, I just understand she handles — she deals with more criticism than anybody else has ever faced in this sport and that’s unfortunate. She goes by a different set of rules because of her gender, and that’s a pain in her butt. And frankly, it’s just got to get old.”
— Dale Earnhardt, Jr

Yet Harvick is in the chase and if Kurt & Tony keep it up they won't be far behind. There is a huge talent gap between her & her teammates. If Danica gets a win in this series it will not be because she outraced everyone on the track.

She WILL win, and she WILL out race people. In Cali she took better care of her tires than alot of people....plus she was just behind your golden boy.

She WILL win, and she WILL out race people. In Cali she took better care of her tires than alot of people....plus she was just behind your golden boy.

You are wasting your time on this hate thread . Try only looking at it once every week or two . Then throw a non-hate comment in just to mess with them .:)

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. The fact that some fans don't like her for whatever reason isn't preventing her from posting good finishes.

Name a driver in the Cup series and there are fans that don't like him for whatever reason. Danica is no different, and it's not holding her back from anything.

In this thread:

just found this on Jr's tumblr: This is what I mean....old boys network,....

“But at the same time, when I think about Danica, I just understand she handles — she deals with more criticism than anybody else has ever faced in this sport and that’s unfortunate. She goes by a different set of rules because of her gender, and that’s a pain in her butt. And frankly, it’s just got to get old.”
— Dale Earnhardt, Jr
That doesn't imply sexism. That implies that she is determined to beat the other guys. It's on her shoulders to prove the actual sexists wrong. He didn't say "there is a rift in the garage area because nobody believes in having women in this sport".

Because he got shuffled back on a short run that everyone knew he was bad it. It's not like she raced up to his level LOL. He was the car to beat all day long coming from the back of the field twice passing 350 cars in total with a chance to win barring a late caution. C'mon man use some logic.

That doesn't imply sexism. That implies that she is determined to beat the other guys. It's on her shoulders to prove the actual sexists wrong. He didn't say "there is a rift in the garage area because nobody believes in having women in this sport".

Danica is bigger than that though, Chex. She will climb over all these comments and show people she means business. But that does not mean that it doesnt exist. JR knows she has more to deal with being a woman in a male dominated workplace

Because he got shuffled back on a short run that everyone knew he was bad it. It's not like she raced up to his level LOL. He was the car to beat all day long coming from the back of the field twice passing 350 cars in total with a chance to win barring a late caution. C'mon man use some logic.

He still barley beat her. Facts are facts,,,

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. The fact that some fans don't like her for whatever reason isn't preventing her from posting good finishes.

Name a driver in the Cup series and there are fans that don't like him for whatever reason. Danica is no different, and it's not holding her back from anything.

For the fans, I agree. What worries me is that some male driver will wreck her on the last lap to avoid getting beat by her.

For the fans, I agree. What worries me is that some male driver will wreck her on the last lap to avoid getting beat by her.

Now there's an issue...are drivers to give her a break because they're afraid of being accused as a women hating sexist or do they wreck her the same as Gordon, Kenseth, Stewart, Busch, Harvick etc. all have done and had done to them?

Now there's an issue...are drivers to give her a break because they're afraid of being accused as a women hating sexist or do they wreck her the same as Gordon, Kenseth, Stewart, Busch, Harvick etc. all have done and had done to them?

good comment. Its a quandary alright. My gut says to race her as she races you. No different. My issue lies with the garage talk that occurs and radio chatter of guys that do not want to get beat by her.

good comment. Its a quandary alright. My gut says to race her as she races you. No different. My issue lies with the garage talk that occurs and radio chatter of guys that do not want to get beat by her.

Good point. That's one of the reasons why Johnson seldom gets into any messes with others drivers - at least in this latest part of his career.

A woman racer in NASCAR makes such a statement, it's such a threat to the manhood of sooo many. I wonder, i'm pretty sure if I were NASCAR driver Danica would just be another car on the track. Heck, i'd probably have done what Stenhouse did & tried to nail her. For all the hate she gets, she's there, she Is a NASCAR driver on the Cup level on a major team no matter how it happened, it DID happen. That's a dream of not only a lot of other woman racers but men as well. It's a common goal, I wish I were a NASCAR Cup series driver. I really hope she gets at least a strong top 5 result at some point this season...

To be honest I thought she'd do better than she did today. Yes, she finished 14th because of lots of tire issues and cautions, but she was basically a twenty something car today.

She's 27th in the points which is pretty much where she's been running in every race this year.

Thought she'd be better at Cali.

Who do you think is more talented, Sam Hornish Jr or Dannica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom