All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just say Im a fan of my driver for her driving and her personality. Followed her since indycar. I mean this with all the respect in the world but I do not have to defend my fandom to anyone just like any other fan would not have to defend theirs.

Thanks.
I like The attitude and loyalty as well and have posted my respect for DF. I mean not just any fan would post a pic of their driver getting one of their laps back on here.:D:D

I'm surprised there's no post yet about the possibility of Danica going to F1. Apparently Gene Haas has his eyes on potentially forming an F1 team & news media, doing their job to the fullest, has put a bug in racing nations ear about the possibility of Patrick driving a car in the series for him. Now my 2 cents, Patrick has done absolutely nothing at all that justifies an F1 ride I mean honestly she hasn't done anything to justify a Winston Cup ride either BUT that's another disscussion...

I'm surprised there's no post yet about the possibility of Danica going to F1. Apparently Gene Haas has his eyes on potentially forming an F1 team & news media, doing their job to the fullest, has put a bug in racing nations ear about the possibility of Patrick driving a car in the series for him. Now my 2 cents, Patrick has done absolutely nothing at all that justifies an F1 ride I mean honestly she hasn't done anything to justify a Winston Cup ride either BUT that's another disscussion...

What? I can't hear ya. :confused:

:p

0e2153fdfc89bd133c738a617bc255061296669596_full.jpg

;P

Got you the 1st time you posted this. No need to post it 3 times.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/danica-patrick-possible-for-haas-f1-seat-boss/

Its getting interesting. I still say she goes nowhere. IMHO she wants to make it in NASCAR.

Jun.7 (GMM) The door to Formula One could be opening up for Danica Patrick.
In April, the sport's newest team owner, Gene Haas, said the world's most famous female racing driver will not be making the switch from Nascar.

Patrick, 32, drives for Haas in America's premier tin-top series, but the 61-year-old Californian said in April that it would be "impossible" for any of his existing drivers to juggle Nascar while also preparing for F1.

"It would be really impossible to accomplish that and survive," said Haas.

But perhaps the subsequent decision to delay Haas Formula's Grand Prix debut until 2016 has changed things.

Gunther Steiner, who in the past worked in upper management at Red Bull and Jaguar, confirmed to Speed Week on Friday that he will be Haas' F1 team boss.

"I will be the team boss," Steiner said in the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve paddock.

He clarified that the F1 team will be completely separate to Haas' Nascar operation, which is in collaboration with the driver Tony Stewart.

"Tony wants to make money with racing, Gene wants to spend it," Steiner smiled.

But what about Patrick, the diminutive American driver whose early pedigree was in open wheel racing, including her famous Indycar win in 2008?

"It's too early for this (driver question)," said Steiner. "But, you know, everything is possible.

I put a post about it on the open wheel thread earlier today. We will all just have to wait to see what happens.

Winston cup????? :rolleyes:

I can back up RPK. Prob slow wifi and is posted multiple times. Has happened to me before.

Bets on whether Danica fades back into the BK racing area or stays up front?

Thank you ChexOrWrex, yes my Cox connection has been acting stupid as of late, I would not multi post the same thing on purpose, GEEZ!!

Thank you ChexOrWrex, yes my Cox connection has been acting stupid as of late, I would not multi post the same thing on purpose, GEEZ!!
It happens to me sometimes also and if i catch it i just delete them, but, i'm pretty sure everyone was just having fun with it. I wouldn't take it to serious.:)

F1 competition would give Patrick an opportunity to display her incredible talent on an international stage. Haas should make all efforts to get her there as quickly as practical. As a side benefit, she could find a companion to replace the guy driving for Roush.

Janet Guthrie made her 14th start in cup competition at the track currently nicknamed and marketed as the “Tricky Triangle.” She became the first woman qualify 10th in the division at the facility, a record that still stands. In the race, she lost a position, eventually finishing 11th. With her almost top ten finish she became the first woman driver to post a top 11 finish at Pocono. That record still stands as well.

After two failures, this afternoon, weather permitting, Patrick will make her third assault on Guthrie’s record.

In her first race at the facility in cup, Patrick improved on her 30th starting spot with a 29th place finish. The start was her 24th in cup competition

The August race on the track that saw Denny Hamlin win both races in his first full season of cup competition, and first appearances at the facility in any division, found Patrick posting a 35th after qualifying 34th. Unfortunately, she wrecked out of the event. She had been firmly holding a position in the top five of the bottom half of the field at midrace prior to her departure from the day’s competition. With that, Patrick became the first woman to wreck out of a cup race at Pocono.

Now, I have had my first good laugh of the day that I can always count on thank's to RC... and now i can go get a nice tasty denver omelet and then get ready for some serious racing today.:D

She had been firmly holding a position in the top five of the bottom half of the field at midrace prior to her departure from the day’s competition. With that, Patrick became the first woman to wreck out of a cup race at Pocono.
:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I guess you missed the 2 posts above???

Danica Patrick cut a left-front tire on lap 138 and hit the turn-three wall, ending any chance of a good finish in Sunday’s Pocono 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.

Patrick, driver of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR), finished 37th in the race, two laps down after repairs had to be made.

The green and orange GoDaddy car was running second at the time, but was scheduled to make another pit stop before the end of the race for a splash of fuel. Even though a top-10 was probably out, a top-15 was what the team was aiming for when the accident occurred.

“I just went into turn three, and the car just shot to the wall,” said Patrick after only her third Sprint Cup start at Pocono. “It looks like the left front lost air for some reason. I believe Harvick had the same thing happen to him. Goodyear said our cars had similar left front tire issues – lost air in tires and sidewalls bowed out. It’s disappointing, because I think we could have had a good finish.”

Kurt Busch, driver of the No. 41 Haas Automation Chevrolet SS for SHR, started second and finished third to score his third top-five this season and his 11th top-five in 26 career Sprint Cup starts at Pocono. It was also his 103rd top-five in 485 career Sprint Cup starts.

Tony Stewart, driver of the No. 14 Mobil 1/Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet SS for SHR, started 12th and finished 13th after leading four times for 24 laps.

Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet SS for SHR, started fourth and finished 14th.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the Pocono 400 to score his 21st career Sprint Cup victory, his second of the season and his first at Pocono.

Brad Keselowski finished .439 of a second behind Earnhardt in the runner-up spot, while Busch, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Larson rounded out the top-five. Jimmie Johnson, Ryan Newman, Jeff Gordon, Martin Truex Jr. and Jamie McMurray comprised the remainder of the top-10.

There were seven caution periods for 26 laps, with three drivers failing to finish the 160-lap race.

With round 14 of 36 complete, Harvick leads the SHR contingent in the championship point standings. He is 12th with 403 points, 95 behind new series leader Gordon. Stewart is 18th with 368 points, 130 out of first. Busch is 27th with 283 points, 215 out of first. Patrick is 28th with 246 points, 252 out of first.

The next event on the Sprint Cup schedule is the Quicken Loans 400 on Sunday, June 15 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn. The race starts at 1 p.m. EDT, with live coverage provided by TNT beginning with its prerace show at noon.

http://www.danicaracing.com/newsdesk-press&nid=276

++++++++++++++++
Without that blown tire I say top 15. Shame.

i believe she was headed for no lower than 15th before hitting the wall. thought for awhile she looking at maybe a top 10. didn't she just have 1 wave around and no lucky dog for the race

i believe she was headed for no lower than 15th before hitting the wall. thought for awhile she looking at maybe a top 10. didn't she just have 1 wave around and no lucky dog for the race

You nailed it.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ill-channing-tatum-22-jump-street-pocono.html

Hollywood heavyweights Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum had a "Welcome to NASCAR" moment at high speed on Sunday at Pocono Raceway, courtesy of Stewart-Haas Racing driver Danica Patrick.

Before giving the command to start the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Pocono 400, the stars of "22 Jump Street" took a ride with Patrick in the Chevrolet pace car and nearly flipped, according to Tatum, who was interviewed by FOX Sports 1's "NASCAR RaceDay."

"Danica took us out and almost flipped the car," Tatum said. "That's not a joke. She's so stone cold all the time, and she goes, 'Oh, I almost lost it there.' And we were like, 'What? What? What did you say?' "

"That was really scary," Hill said. "We were like, 'Oh no, that sucks.' "

"She started literally sliding sideways," Tatum said. "She didn't seem nervous, but she definitely showed a little more emotion than generally she does."

Hill was asked which driver he would cast in a second sequel to the movie series based on the TV show, and he picked a six-time champion.

"We said to Jimmie Johnson that he could be in '23 Jump Street,' but I said the part I'd write him, he'd just be stuck in traffic the entire time so he couldn't drive fast at all," Hill said. "That would be funny."

"22 Jump Street" opens nationwide in theaters next Friday, June 13.

++++++++++++++++
Could not watch the video here @ work but I am willing to bet she was in control at all times. I'd PAY to take a lap with her, and would care if things went sideways.

hmm...

ONG POND, Pa. — Channing Tatum hopped out of the SUV and scanned the Pocono track for one of NASCAR's A-list stars.
"Where's Danica?" Tatum asked.

MORE: Earnhardt feels bad for Keselowski | Win special for Junior | Pocono Winners & Losers | Kahne mad at Busch

Danica Patrick waited by the pace car, set to give Tatum and "22 Jump Street" co-star Jonah Hill the kind of adrenaline-fueled spin they might normally sit out on the set in favor of a Hollywood stuntman.

"On a scale of 1 to 10," Tatum said, "how much are you allowed to scare us?"

Patrick told the box office heavyweights, making a cameo at Pocono Raceway as the grand marshals for Sunday's NASCAR race, not to worry, the pace car wouldn't match the blistering 180 mph speeds hit in qualifying for this thrill ride.

"Let's just break the car, it would be a good story," Tatum said.

"If we wore helmets, I'd feel a lot more safe," Patrick said with a laugh. "If I crash with you guys in it and something happens to us, then I'll go down as the worst driver ever."

PHOTOS: Pocono 400

237794-330-0.jpg
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum at the Pocono 400. (AP Photo)
No need for that billing. Tatum and Hill survived and continued the promotion for the June 13 opening of their latest flick.

Tatum rode shotgun and Hill sat in the backseat for the ride along. Patrick would push the 2014 Chevrolet SS to 140 mph for a few laps around the 2.5-mile trioval track nestled in the mountains.

"My left ear is ringing from Jonah screaming in the backseat," Tatum said.

After the ride, Tatum snapped pictures of the track and waved to fans lined up screaming his name. The actors were mobbed at the pre-race driver's meeting. Dale Earnhardt Jr. posted a selfie with them on Twitter and Jimmie Johnson's crew gave them jerseys with "Hill" and "Tatum" on the back.

Hill and Tatum barked the honorary command for drivers to start their engines.

"I always feel bad knowing they used to say, 'Gentleman, start your engines,' and now I'm around and they change the words sometimes," Patrick said.

Patrick's lone regret was that she couldn't take them for a ride in her No. 10 Chevrolet for a more pulse-raising experience.

Patrick bantered with the Hollywood heavyweights about hometowns, and thrills that come along with driving fast cars. She asked the Academy Award-nominated Hill if he watched NASCAR.

''I don't watch it,” Hill said, before wishing Patrick luck, "but I'm going to start now"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...hanning-tatum-thrill-pocono-400-pace-car-ride

12 Questions with Patrick

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nascar-stewart-haas-racing-go-daddy/10289801/

If she had an unlim budget she would design a course like martinsville! I love this lady! I thought for sure she'd say something like dega, or Daytona.

Our series of NASCAR driver interviews continues this week with Danica Patrick, who is currently in her second full season for Stewart-Haas Racing. Patrick heads to Michigan International Speedway for Sunday's Quicken Loans 400, where she scored one of her four top-15 finishes in 2013.

Q: When you're on a long green-flag run and not racing around anyone, what do you think about?

A: I would say a majority of the time, I either want lap times for something to hear — to entertain me — or I'm thinking, "There's gotta be a yellow soon. Can't I get lucky and just get a yellow here?"

There haven't been all that many races where I thought going 100 laps under green is a good thing for me. Even at Charlotte, you see the leader lap up to like 10th place. Well if you're 10th to 15th, you're not running that bad, but that's sure terrible when those long green flag runs come and the leader is just hauling.

Q: If someone paid you $5 million to design a new racetrack and gave you an unlimited budget, what kind of track would you build?

A: I think flatter tracks make for some pretty good racing. Any time you have a lot of acceleration and deceleration, it spreads everybody out. On the other side of that, it tends to be one lane. So I think longer straightaways and tighter corners, but trying to keep it a short track.

Sort of like Martinsville, basically?

Similar to Martinsville, probably. I think it puts on some good racing.

Danica helped to prevent Brad K from winning Pocono, I thank her and the entire Junior nation thanks her too :cool:

37th at Pocono, out of 39 still running. Probably should have hit the wall..wait a minute, she did hit the wall. :oops:

37th at Pocono, out of 39 still running. Probably should have hit the wall..wait a minute, she did hit the wall. :oops:
She had a good running till then. Was running 3rd & on the same pit schedule as JJ. Wouldve gotten a top 15 without the flat going down.

Disclaimer: Note This is for fun only. the poster in no way wishes this to occur

From Danicas Radio at MIS:

Tony Jr: "We have some trash on the grill" What are temps right now?
Danica "Can't we get a break?,<Looks at gauges> Yes its heating up. Whats the plan"
Tony jr: "Well, the 48 has said we can sneak up behind him on the straight away and try to blow it off. Just play it easy does it" Hes not far ahead of you. Hes running 8th and you are 9th"
Danica "Ok. Thank 6 time for me"

<From the 48 radio>

Chad:"Ok so the 10 is going to slip in behind you on the straight away"
Jimmy: "Alright, tell her to be careful"
Chad: "10-4"

Team 10 radio

<Danica slips in behind Jimmy on the main straight>

Danica "Ok we are behind him"
Tony Jr "10-4"

<10 car slides into place behind the 48 and begin with>

Team 10 Radio

Danica "I'm behind him, is the trash coming off?"
Tony Jr "Not yet, give it a second or two"

<15 car who was behind the 10 tries to slide up a draft behind>

Team 15 radio

Bowyer: "ohhh my! sliding in behind the 10, tot he front we go!"
15 Spotter "be careful, they are trying----
Bowyer :eek:h man I bump drafted her by mistake ohh my!!! lookie at the 48!!!

Team 10 radio

Danica "I was just hit from behind!!! I got into the 48!"
Tony Jr "Clear high, keep in the throttle"

Team 48 radio

Jimmy "She HIT ME!!!!! Tell her I'll......................."
<car slips towards the infield, Jimmy fighting for control>
<After a 180, Jimmy saves the car but is now at the end of the field with 10 laps left>

Chad "Looks like the 15 got into the 10"
Jimmy "I am going have to talk to KBu. Seems he and I have some unfinished business with the 15"
Chad "You better pit. Flat spotted the tires"
Jimmy "......"

Team 10 Radio

Danica "I am so sorry for 6 time"
Tony Jr "The 15 hit you from behind"
Danica "wow. I would not want to be him now"
Tony jr "the 48 saved it, but his day is shot"

She had a good running till then. Was running 3rd & on the same pit schedule as JJ. Wouldve gotten a top 15 without the flat going down.
yeah, running a solid 28th in the standings. Needs to move up only one position to tie her last year's performance. goooooooooooooo Danni.

yeah, running a solid 28th in the standings. Needs to move up only one position to tie her last year's performance. goooooooooooooo Danni.

Standings mean nothing in this win and you are in world we are in now. She will win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom