All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're still a good gauge of performance, though.

Dunno...You could be 30th and have 2 wins and a few DNFs...be locked into the chase but doing poor in points. Whose to say what your performance is?

yeah, running a solid 28th in the standings. Needs to move up only one position to tie her last year's performance. goooooooooooooo Danni.
Running for a potential top 10-15 in a race is different from spot in points. Now youre just searching for a reason to bash her. She had a good run going for her last week till actions out of her control went south. Least give credit where credit is due

Last edited:
Dunno...You could be 30th and have 2 wins and a few DNFs...be locked into the chase but doing poor in points. Whose to say what your performance is?
Just saying, if you're 28th in points, you're 28th in points for a reason. It means you're running bad far more often than you're running good.

Running for a potential top 10-15 in a race is different from spot in points. Now youre just searching for a reason to bash here. She had a good run going for her last week till actions out of her control went south. Least give credit where credit is due

Sorry to pop your bubble. Keep smoking what you are smoking. 37th is what the books say, and 28th is where she shakes out. Closer to a 30th place start and park. Whank and whank away, but the press and a couple of fanatics around here can't change what the figures are showing.

Sorry to pop your bubble. Keep smoking what you are smoking. 37th is what the books say, and 28th is where she shakes out. Closer to a 30th place start and park. Whank and whank away, but the press and a couple of fanatics around here can't change what the figures are showing.
Wow. So Kasey Khane, Carl Edwards and Kurt Busch must all be on the same level as Danica since they finished poorly at Pocono. Understood and whanking away.

Last edited:
don't put words in my mouth or thread twist junior. This is a thread title that says ALL things relating to Danica. Her record speaks for itself despite the make believe world.

don't put words in my mouth or thread twist junior. This is a thread title that says ALL things relating to Danica. Her record speaks for itself despite the make believe world.
Ok. All things related to Danica @ Pocono 2014 - had a top 10-15 car until a tire failure took her out.

Must suck to know Im right.

Am I a fan of hers? No. Do I think she deserves a top tier cup ride, or one at all? No. BUT, she has her surprising moments & Im not going to deny them

Success in Nascar will prevent the little lady from getting that F-1 ride and a chance to party at Monaco with Stenhouse next year. Gene has already ordered 50 gallons of Go-Daddy green for her car. GO DANICA

I just read where she say's she's never pee'd in her car..
What'd I win? :)

She had a good running till then. Was running 3rd & on the same pit schedule as JJ. Wouldve gotten a top 15 without the flat going down.
Wasn't the only reason she wound up towards the front because of pit strategy? A lot of cars went off cycle under the 3rd caution.

Wasn't the only reason she wound up towards the front because of pit strategy? A lot of cars went off cycle under the 3rd caution.

yes she had good strategy she got out of synch and had one more stop but even if she did she was gonna end up top 15

yes she had good strategy she got out of synch and had one more stop but even if she did she was gonna end up top 15
I think there's a difference between running well and finding the front of the field through strategy though.

graph_it

It looks like she was only towards the front of the field when she stayed out under caution and after the drivers on the other cycle pitted.

With the cautions and what not I feel she would have ended up top 15, I could be wrong, just my hope

Ok. All things related to Danica @ Pocono 2014 - had a top 10-15 car until a tire failure took her out.

Must suck to know Im right.

Am I a fan of hers? No. Do I think she deserves a top tier cup ride, or one at all? No. BUT, she has her surprising moments & Im not going to deny them

umm... you're not right. She was in the top 10 for a time because a pack of cars on a different pit schedule pitted and she didn't, giving her that track position. Then she pitted with others and went back to where she had been which was mid pack.

To say she had a top 10/15 car until the tire failure is a massive stretch, and sounds like the typical sugarcoating of everything Danica by her fans and the racing media.

even if she pitted there was enough behind her that she would have been 15

umm... you're not right. She was in the top 10 for a time because a pack of cars on a different pit schedule pitted and she didn't, giving her that track position. Then she pitted with others and went back to where she had been which was mid pack.

To say she had a top 10/15 car until the tire failure is a massive stretch, and sounds like the typical sugarcoating of everything Danica by her fans and the racing media.
Even if she had finished in the top-15, is that something we should still be celebrating? Danica has 60 Cup starts under her belt now. With the ride she's in, she ought to be starting to post some top-10's fairly consistently.

Even if she had finished in the top-15, is that something we should still be celebrating? Danica has 60 Cup starts under her belt now. With the ride she's in, she ought to be starting to post some top-10's fairly consistently.
So should Ricky

Both of them will be gone soon if things don't improve. There aren't any drivers that stay with the top tier teams that consistently run in the mid to lower 20's for very long. Both of the true rookies this year, Kyle and Austin are in position to be in the chase at mid season quiet as that is kept. Stenhouse and Patrick aren't even close. The clock is definitely ticking, Stenhouse might get a reprieve if Carl jumps ship, but it won't surprise me if he gets let go whenever his contract is up. Sooner or later lil Dani's star power novelty will fade, you can't all of a sudden acquire a talent to drive, the competition in cup is way too tough to win by a great pit crew and car alone. Although when there are fluttering signs of life, the press hammers it for all it is worth.

with go daddy going public how much more money will they have to waste on her? she is just a tool.

A very valuable tool for them. I don't think they are wasting their money at all.
there you go they know she is not going to win, but somehow it pays off for them. I still don't know what go-daddy is all about. what is it that they do?

there you go they know she is not going to win, but somehow it pays off for them. I still don't know what go-daddy is all about. what is it that they do?
She is so popular that GoDaddy doesn't need her to win and they can still come out on top in the web domain business. If you google web domain it will bring up GoDaddy as the worlds largest in web domain. It's her fans that want to see her win. I personally have never used GoDaddy, nor have i ever bought any Danica merchandise...but there sure must be a lot of others that have. She may last for another 10 years, or she may last until her contract is up...that will depend on her popularity more then her driving skills.;)

Last edited:
She is so popular that GoDaddy doesn't need her to win and they can still come out on top in the web domain business. If you google web domain it will bring up GoDaddy as the worlds largest in web domain. It's her fans that want to see her win. I personally have never used GoDaddy, nor have i ever bought any Danica merchandise...but there sure must be a lot of others that have.;)
the worlds largest, wow fans must be wearing her tee shirts in all seven continents.

the worlds largest, wow fans must be wearing her tee shirts in all seven continents.
Here is a link to an article about 30 second adds in the super bowl. I think GoDaddy probably gets a lot more bang for their buck with the exposure that Danica gets them in Nascar. But, Andy or some of the others on here would probably know more about the subject of advertising then i do.

Last edited:
Here is a link to an article about 30 second adds in the super bowl. I think GoDaddy probably gets a lot more bang for their buck with the exposure that Danica gets them in Nascar. But, Andy or some of the others on here would probably know more about the subject of advertising then i do.
I'm sure they do, that's why she is driving the go-daddy car, she is a tool.

Both of them will be gone soon if things don't improve. There aren't any drivers that stay with the top tier teams that consistently run in the mid to lower 20's for very long. Both of the true rookies this year, Kyle and Austin are in position to be in the chase at mid season quiet as that is kept. Stenhouse and Patrick aren't even close. The clock is definitely ticking, Stenhouse might get a reprieve if Carl jumps ship, but it won't surprise me if he gets let go whenever his contract is up. Sooner or later lil Dani's star power novelty will fade, you can't all of a sudden acquire a talent to drive, the competition in cup is way too tough to win by a great pit crew and car alone. Although when there are fluttering signs of life, the press hammers it for all it is worth.

When she wins she's setting the world on fire!

I'm sure they do, that's why she is driving the go-daddy car, she is a tool.
Yes, she is a tool...i don't think anyone here is arguing that fact. Actually any driver that has a major sponsorship is a tool for their sponsor. That's why drivers have to do so many meet and greets between races. It is usually outlined in the contract how many they have to do a year.

Yes, she is a tool...i don't think anyone here is arguing that fact. Actually any driver that has a major sponsorship is a tool for their sponsor.
yes, but her more so then others. she gets way more attention then she should for doing nothing.

yes, but her more so then others. she gets way more attention then she should for doing nothing.
You just shined the light on something that a lot of fans do not realize...and that is how much these drivers have to do off the track between races. A lot of fans think that these drivers doesn't have to do anything between races, but if they have a major sponsor then i guarantee you they do a lot more then they get credit for from the fans. I'm not Danicas manager or travel agent...but i would bet the farm that she probably does more advertising and meet and greets then any other driver in Nascar. In todays big time racing it is not just about what you do on the track. I'm not saying it's right...i'm just saying that's the way it is...and it's only going to get worse.

Last edited:

She is very active in the community, she does a lot. She is also a woman in a mans world and that is part of the medias attraction. Simply put.
Shes got a ton of fans and haters though. The media attention follows what fans want to know about. As long as fans are interested in her you will see her talked about.

I have followed her from indycar and feel she will win in NASCAR.

She is very active in the community, she does a lot. She is also a woman in a mans world and that is part of the medias attraction. Simply put.
Shes got a ton of fans and haters though. The media attention follows what fans want to know about. As long as fans are interested in her you will see her talked about.

I have followed her from indycar and feel she will win in NASCAR.
she is a instant story for any reporter. hell my honey does all that except drive a race car, danica only does all that because she can't drive a nascar and needs to keep her name in the spotlight..

she is a instant story for any reporter. hell my honey does all that except drive a race car, danica only does all that because she can't drive a nascar and needs to keep her name in the spotlight..

She wants to win. Shes gonna rock the NASCAR world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom