BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

Lot of the slower cars caught a break with the big one at Texas. Wallace and crew took advantage of it and ran a mistake free race, that is how it is done..Elliott's crew screwed him and put him a lap down late. ain't no drama queen pop corn B.S., just racing

Exactly.

Cool to know, but stop with trying to throw Chase under the bus. Why not use Blaney, Jones, and Suarez as well in the mix?

Its not really necessary.

Really though, rookies just don't adapt as fast as they did 15 years ago because of the differences between cars and competition level. Writing anyone off during their rookie season is fool talk.

Throughout the years, much of this forum has determined the following drivers were busts because of first and second year performance:

Joey Logano
Kyle Larson
Ryan Blaney
Erik Jones

And some idiots have also decided Chase Elliott is borderline bust even though the boy's put up good numbers in his career and been in contention for wins quite a bit.

Bubba's in a rookie, with a team that historically hasn't been a top 10-15 team since John Andretti in the late 90s. The team also switched manufacturers, which is always a big adjustment that has an impact (often negative) on performance in the first few months of that switch. And Chevrolet, as a whole, is dramatically under-performing this year.

Lot of the slower cars caught a break with the big one at Texas. Wallace and crew took advantage of it and ran a mistake free race, that is how it is done..Elliott's crew screwed him and put him a lap down late. ain't no drama queen pop corn B.S., just racing

My post comparing Wallace and Elliott wasn't talking about Elliott's performance TODAY. It compared Wallace and Elliott's average finish through their first 11 MENCS starts. Wallace has a better average finish after his first 11 starts than Elliott did.

Mostly though, I just drew up that comparison to be an ass.

Last edited:
My post comparing Wallace and Elliott wasn't talking about Elliott's performance TODAY. It compared Wallace and Elliott's average finish through their first 11 MENCS starts. Wallace has a better average finish after his first 11 starts than Elliott did.

Mostly though, I just drew up that comparison to be an ass.

according to recent stats 2018, Wallace isn't doing as well as Elliott

According to 2018 stats, Wallace is a rookie in a below-average car and Chase Elliott is in his third full season in an above-average car.

The comparison is incredibly silly no matter which it is being used to impugn. You can't seem to decide if you are criticizing Chase Elliott's performance or calling those who do "idiots". You've done both now and it is confusing.

The comparison is incredibly silly no matter which it is being used to impugn. You can't seem to decide if you are criticizing Chase Elliott's performance or calling those who do "idiots". You've done both now and it is confusing.

I'm not criticizing Elliott's performance. I'm merely telling all the people who have bashed Wallace's performance that he's actually going quite well this year - in subpar equipment.

4 finishes out of the top 20 in 7 races is a pretty good job?
Oh how we have sunk

There was another thread about how Bubba Wallace was not meeting expectations and producing results.

Seriously, it's quite possible to describe Wallace using terms other than 'Fantastic' and 'Sucks'. There's a middle of the spectrum, people. He's a rookie with a second tier team (at best). It's way too early to describe him as either the next Jimmie Johnson OR the next Buckshot Jones.

Last edited:
Bubba, meeting expectations. Depending on what you expect.
I expect a Cup rookie to tear up some cars, make some mistakes on tracks he's never seen before, get minimal cooperation at plate races, botch some restarts (esp. if he should wind up on the front row), and have problems late in races and stages that are longer than he's used to.

I expect him to be able to get on and off pit road, and in and out of a pit box.

I also expect him to show improvement as the season progresses, esp. when returning to a track the second time. I expect iimprovement in his ability to provide useful feedback to his crew chief. Even including last year's substitutions, it's too early to say if either of these is or is not happening.

I was more impressed with Bubba's holding off the #48 for the Lucky Dog position than I was his eventual finish. The finish was a team effort aided by a caution. Holding Jimmie off was all on the driver.

I'm surprised that upon learning how many good cars were out of the race, young Mr. Wallace didn't ask his crew chief to let him know how many more laps he needed to record a 20th place finish in order that he might retire his entry at that point.

Guy doesn't know his place.

Celebrating a top 10 finish is sad

That's what celebrates winners from losers

He read a couple of badly written articles that made Chase out to be the next megastar and he’s been butthhurt ever since.

Celebrating a top 10 finish is sad

That's what celebrates winners from losers

That's what "celebrates" winners from losers? I'm unsure how you're using the word "celebrates". I believe that a team with a rookie driver notching a top 10 is something to celebrate. Especially when the team in question is a second tier team. RPM ain't what it used to be. Anyone that has followed racing for any amount of time should know that. So yes, a top 10 is encouraging news for Bubba and RPM. It is something to build on. Would you consider his run at Daytona to be that of a "loser"? The youngster is showing a pretty fair amount of potential. His first full season, seven races in, and he's notched two top tens. We may have to disagree, but he most certainly is not a "loser". He's making the best of his opportunity.

What impressed me most yesterday was that Bubba didn't push too hard after that final restart and wreck the car. He had to be patient and take what the car had in it. Being that close to the front on fresh tires probably gave him a shot of adrenaline but he was able to stay controlled and bring a 15th place car to a an excellent 8th place finish.

Cant help but to feel bad for Richard. The funds must really be drying up. Hope the car somehow makes its way back to Bubba if nothing else.

Its hard when you have to sell the car race to race throwing something together.

I hope RPM finds that needed primary sponsor to really get some money coming through.

IDK that I will ever look at Wallace's stats but I do know that if I was going to make any pronouncements he would need to have a body of work compiled among other things. The kid raced a little last year and 7 races this year and that is not a body of work.

Its hard when you have to sell the car race to race throwing something together.

I hope RPM finds that needed primary sponsor to really get some money coming through.
I'm actually surprised they havent found one yet. They have a product and a story to sell and they get more than their share of TV time and media coverage with Bubba.

IDK that I will ever look at Wallace's stats but I do know that if I was going to make any pronouncements he would need to have a body of work compiled among other things. The kid raced a little last year and 7 races this year and that is not a body of work.
No declarations needed. He's doing a respectable job in a difficult situation.

I'm actually surprised they havent found one yet. They have a product and a story to sell and they get more than their share of TV time and media coverage with Bubba.

On the other side of the coin, what is RPM asking price?

They have a lot of associate sponsors with about another 3/4ths of the season needing to be sold. 2012 was a huge hodge podge of sponsors for RPM before Smithfield jumped on. We'll see how long it takes to attract a big sponsor.

Cant help but to feel bad for Richard. The funds must really be drying up. Hope the car somehow makes its way back to Bubba if nothing else.

Richard had a great driving career and has traded off his name as an owner for many years so it is hard to feel sorry for him. Does he even have an equity stake or any decision making power with the company that bears his name? I feel bad for people like Bud Moore, Junie Donlavey and many of the old drivers that don't have 2 nickels to rub together.

Richard had a great driving career and has traded off his name as an owner for many years so it is hard to feel sorry for him. Does he even have an equity stake or any decision making power with the company that bears his name? I feel bad for people like Bud Moore, Junie Donlavey and many of the old drivers that don't have 2 nickels to rub together.
Well I do feel sorry for him, he's only auctioning off his prize possessions that represent his life. Not all of them but a damn good bit.

Back
Top Bottom