BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

When he was interview about the pieces in the auction he said he didn't have room for all of it, his museum is full, his kids have plenty etc. The car is a question mark for me, maybe they have a better plate car, Dega is coming up. :idunno:

did you write this before he finished 16th a lap down:D

Drew said they swung the wrong way with the track supposedly tightening up, it didn't happen.

In more of a rear mid-field car to do what Bubba did, he opened some eyes. Thats not easy to go against the best like that, also that 43 looked great up front. He should be proud, but now he has to start stringing races together.

eh, he finished third behind two of the RCR cars and his crew chief unfortunately made the wrong call. Adjustments are really hard to make on short tracks, just a little off and you get buried. Sure was cool to see the 43 with STP out front.

eh, he finished third behind two of the RCR cars and his crew chief unfortunately made the wrong call. Adjustments are really hard to make on short tracks, just a little off and you get buried. Sure was cool to see the 43 with STP out front.
He also finished behind David Ragan.

Drew said they swung the wrong way with the track supposedly tightening up, it didn't happen.

In more of a rear mid-field car to do what Bubba did, he opened some eyes. Thats not easy to go against the best like that, also that 43 looked great up front. He should be proud, but now he has to start stringing races together.
so far he is blowing away what Almirola did in the 43, but Petty moved his team to RCR's building and the car got better for Bubba. He sure is taking advantage of the opportunity

Let me rephrase. Is RCR/Chevy really an improvement, for RPM, over last year? I think the verdict's still out, especially with how bad Chevy teams, all of them, have performed at the Brobs.

really? comparing a Roush affiliate to a Childress one, one in which he is located in the same building? Roush doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

But can we honestly say RCR/Chevy this year is an improvement over last year?
Yes, I believe we can say the Petty/Childress 43 is better than the Petty/Roush 43 from last year. Sponsorship is spotty, and money is obviously tight this year, but Bubba has been a genuine contender three times in eight races, including a plate race, a fast intermediate, and a high-banked short track. That is a meaningful upgrade over the 43's performance in 2017. The 43 is much faster, much more competitive, in early 2018.

Are the gains all driver... all because Bubba Wallace is that much better than Aric Almirola?? No, you can't say that. Bubba has done great, and I for one am really impressed by his driving. But you have to admit that Almirola has proven in the 10 that he is no chopped liver. Only one really bad result so far, and that was getting caught in Kyle Busch's "Big One" at Texas last week while running up front. Excluding Texas, Aric's average finish is 10, which is equal to Harvick and 4th among all drivers.

Yes, I believe we can say the Petty/Childress 43 is better than the Petty/Roush 43 from last year. Sponsorship is spotty, and money is obviously tight this year, but Bubba has been a genuine contender three times in eight races, including a plate race, a fast intermediate, and a high-banked short track. That is a meaningful upgrade over the 43's performance in 2017. The 43 is much faster, much more competitive, in early 2018.

Are the gains all driver... all because Bubba Wallace is that much better than Aric Almirola?? No, you can't say that. Bubba has done great, and I for one am really impressed by his driving. But you have to admit that Almirola has proven in the 10 that he is no chopped liver. Only one really bad result so far, and that was getting caught in Kyle Busch's "Big One" at Texas last week while running up front. Excluding Texas, Aric's average finish is 10, which is equal to Harvick and 4th among all drivers.

I think you can think Bubba's better than Almirola and think Almirola's a above-average driver. No need to deal in absolutes here.

Chase Elliot spent the afternoon locked in a Porta-Potty and couldn't get a soul to answer their phone :(

Consider the equipment and it could mean he is better.

One thing I learned a long time ago about stock car racing is this. There are numerous ways to measure success. If a driver is driving what is regarded as a top 20 car, and he brings it home 8th-12th about half the time. Then yes, he is doing very well. Bubbas' run at Daytona was no fluke. People can say he was the beneficiary of other peoples bad luck. So was Derrick Cope in 1990, and his name is still on the Harley J. Earl trophy, and always will be. Bubba is doing fine in his rookie campaign. He's building a solid foundation for his career. So, this far into the season I would guess he's exceeded expectations.

One thing I learned a long time ago about stock car racing is this. There are numerous ways to measure success. If a driver is driving what is regarded as a top 20 car, and he brings it home 8th-12th about half the time. Then yes, he is doing very well. Bubbas' run at Daytona was no fluke. People can say he was the beneficiary of other peoples bad luck. So was Derrick Cope in 1990, and his name is still on the Harley J. Earl trophy, and always will be. Bubba is doing fine in his rookie campaign. He's building a solid foundation for his career. So, this far into the season I would guess he's exceeded expectations.
Derrick Cope's name will remain on the trophy, but he still lucked into it. I'm sure you're sincere but when Darrell Wallace Jr's career is finished, I hope this conversation is all he has in common with Derrick Cope.

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom