Can We Please Get Talladega off the schedule?

No, thank you. I enjoyed today's race.

That said, the racing may be completely different next year with the new rules package. Traditional restrictor plates are going away.

that was the sorriest race i have ever seen noone wanted to race just ride around and follow each other.

get rid of this crap and give Iowa both races and the Chase date.
This is a serious question. Why would anyone sit through, and in their words, "waste" four hours on anything that they hated. I wouldn't.

Last edited:
This is a serious question. Why would anyone sit through, and in their words, "waste" four hours of anything that they hated. I wouldn't.
I think they like to do this

iu

This is a serious question. Why would anyone sit through, and in their words, "waste" four hours on anything that they hated. I wouldn't.
Ive always loved the plate races.
4 times a year this happens where ppl complain abouty how much they hated the race. Its a joke. Not real racing. Etc.
I always think the same thing. If you hate it why did you watch. You could easily check the results online or time it soo you only watch the last 5 laps

I didn't always hate plate racing but it's been awful with the gen-6 car. I really hope next year's package improves it.

If you can't stand it, do what I do. Don't watch it. What I find funny are the people who thought Talladega with plates was great at some past time and is "sorry" now. It's a circus act and always has been. You're either into that or you're not.

It is oddly possible that next year's rules package could make Talladega and Daytona slightly better and everything else worse.

Ive always loved the plate races.
4 times a year this happens where ppl complain abouty how much they hated the race. Its a joke. Not real racing. Etc.
I always think the same thing. If you hate it why did you watch. You could easily check the results online or time it soo you only watch the last 5 laps

Makes sense for some to cry the whole race I guess. I was laughing my ass off at some of em. They were comical in their own way.

This forum has gotten pretty intellectually challenged ever since the checkered flag waved today. Goodness.
Yeah, but it started a few plate race checkered flags ago, its just getting worse.

Never had a holiday dinner at the in-laws have ya?

I hate plate racing.
I didn’t watch :)
This guy gets it, he doesnt watch what he doenst like, I dont know why its so hard for so many people to not watch things they dont like, oh I know why, then they couldnt bitch about it.

Just got done watching the replay of the last 20 laps

Guessing this was NASCAR’s way of getting another Ford to advance

I've said it many times here; I despise plate racing and draw zero enjoyment from it. I just watch for the desire to know what happened and why as it pertains to the the rest of the racing season, which I mostly like. Today's race was not only awful, it was boring as hell. It used to be the plate races were ridiculous, but interesting. Now they are seldom even that.

No, thank you. I enjoyed today's race.

That said, the racing may be completely different next year with the new rules package. Traditional restrictor plates are going away.
Still a restricted engine on a huge track which will generate pack racing, replace this race with a good short track.
Just got done watching the replay of the last 20 laps

Guessing this was NASCAR’s way of getting another Ford to advance
No this was their way of putting less butts in the seats.
I hate plate racing.
I didn’t watch :)
I watched 10 laps, all I needed to see, a shiit show.

Over my dead body. Also Iowa is the most overrated track in NASCAR.

Over my dead body. Also Iowa is the most overrated track in NASCAR.

I think Iowa deserves a spot on the schedule since it's fairly unique (Richmond/Phoenix mixture with progressive banking), but the racing isn't as great as people make it out to be lately.

Last edited:
I've said it many times here; I despise plate racing and draw zero enjoyment from it. I just watch for the desire to know what happened and why as it pertains to the the rest of the racing season, which I mostly like. Today's race was not only awful, it was boring as hell. It used to be the plate races were ridiculous, but interesting. Now they are seldom even that.
Todays race was dominated by SHR, but even with that, they all, including this one came down to the last lap. Same as it ever was but even after 31 years you guys bitch every year, good lord get over it already

Neither Dega nor Daytona deserves two dates. Two crapshoot races per season is enough.
Plate race doesn’t belong in the “playoffs.”
I don’t know what I hate worse, playoffs or plate racing.
you are in the minority

plate tracks just need to swap pit lane with the tri-oval, this would make the corners much sharper and make them lift off the gas.

Back
Top Bottom