Cha2e Elliott

Wait a minute. For week everyone has been saying that it was Chase's fault he didn't change his line and win that race, and now it was just taken from him? Man I can't keep up with story around here. By the same token, Chase gets criticized for not winning yet, and then gets criticized for being a stand-up guy and putting all of the blame on his own shoulders. I guess it's a no win situation.....

I'd say it was about 50/50, with Newman being the other 50 but that last sentence is funny. Although, I don't think you meant it that way.

I don't think it's Chase at all, but it's what the media is making him into....He didn't give anything away. It was taken from him.
Um sure as long as you credit 25% for Newman not moving out of the damn way and another 50% for Chase refusing to change his racing line.

Wait a minute. For week everyone has been saying that it was Chase's fault he didn't change his line and win that race, and now it was just taken from him? Man I can't keep up with story around here. By the same token, Chase gets criticized for not winning yet, and then gets criticized for being a stand-up guy and putting all of the blame on his own shoulders. I guess it's a no win situation.....
It’s Kyle Busch rose colored glasses that are on, it’s totally okay I had the Jeff Gordon rose colored glasses on all the way from childhood to adult hood. I actually find my NASCAR viewing experience to be more enjoyable now that I have no one to cheer for as hard as I cheered for Jeff. But getting back to Sunday IMO it was the failure of Chase to change his line as well as Newman being an ogre that gave Kyle the opportunity to win that one.

I have had as many favorite drivers over the years as anybody, and I'll defend them when I feel it's warranted, but I won't put rose colored glasses on. I call them as I see them, whether it's for my driver or against. I was a Jeff Gordon fan for his entire Cup career, yet there were times I was terribly disappointed in him both as a driver and as a person, and I wouldn't hesitate to say it either. The same goes for any other sport I follow. I was a HUGE Peyton Manning fan, yet I felt that he came up small in big games through most of his career. Even in the two Super Bowls he won, he didn't play particularly well.

I have had as many favorite drivers over the years as anybody, and I'll defend them when I feel it's warranted, but I won't put rose colored glasses on. I call them as I see them, whether it's for my driver or against. I was a Jeff Gordon fan for his entire Cup career, yet there were times I was terribly disappointed in him both as a driver and as a person, and I wouldn't hesitate to say it either. The same goes for any other sport I follow. I was a HUGE Peyton Manning fan, yet I felt that he came up small in big games through most of his career. Even in the two Super Bowls he won, he didn't play particularly well.
Yea I couldn’t and still can’t defend the Bowyer deal at Phoenix that was hard to watch.

Well, in my opinion, Bowyer deserved to get put in the fence at some point in the deal, (he had raced Jeff like an ass for about a year) but the timing bad, and Jeff took out a innocent bystander, which is just plain wrong.

Jeff hasn't changed, his latest with Newman proves that. Fierce competitor, I hope he goes full time for Hendrick if the job is there for him.

If it gets him out of the TV booth, I'd be all for it. I was NEVER in favor of that, nor and I in favor of Dale jr. going there either. In fact, one of my biggest pet peeves is having on air talent with an active connection to a current race team. The way Michael Waltrip was allowed to parade all over Fox and Speed getting free advertisement for his sponsors that others couldn't get always bothered the heck out of me, as well as when at least three members of the original Fox broadcast team had ties to Toyota Truck Series teams at one point. Ditto for Brad Daugherty. In a sport where value is measured in sponsor mentions and exposure, I feel it constitutes and unfair advantage for certain people, especially when much of that exposure has very little to do with actual on track success.

Well, in my opinion, Bowyer deserved to get put in the fence at some point in the deal, (he had raced Jeff like an ass for about a year) but the timing bad, and Jeff took out a innocent bystander, which is just plain wrong.
Yea it was IMO at the time, that Bowyer raced Gordon like an idiot all year and it was enough. The timing of Jeff getting even could have been better though

Inevitable. A conversation about Chase transforms into a Gordon-ridicule thread.

Gordon fans can recognize they are 2 seperate entities but the Gordon haters are incapable.
Yea it’s like the hate for JG just transferred to the number, poor Willy B is going to have his haters and he hasn’t even turned a lap in Cup yet

Yea it’s like the hate for JG just transferred to the number, poor Willy B is going to have his haters and he hasn’t even turned a lap in Cup yet
I'm not hearing the same narrative from people when it comes to Byron in the 24 that there was 2 years ago. They realized the Gordon fans really latched onto Chase and piled on. There's no fun to be had with Byron in that regard. I said it before, but Chase absorbed all of the pressure for Byron to be able to sit in that number comfortably. Yellow 24? Flames? Nobody is even blinking an eye.

Joe Gibbs?

Yeah, his organization does seem to get it's share :)

snip...Do not get me wrong, think the kid has talent, how much of it is due to pedigree I do not know. His father was one of the best, almost single handedly brought Ford back to relevance in the eighties...snip

It should be mentioned he had Ernie Elliott built Ford engines and Ford's new Thunderbird aero making a BIG contribution to those "single handed" finishes. Also as I recall (and don't want to look it up) Bill has 9 or 10 second place finishes before he got that first win.

He's doing good, ahead of Larson in his stats at the second full year point. Better record than Jones and Suarez comparing their first years.

Wins or not, when was the last time a driver finished in the top 10 in points in their rookie year & is in the top 4 with 6 races to go in their second season?

Oh but wait, the guy that clocked the stairs is supposed to better..:blink:

Three 2nd place finishes in the 4 playoff races so far. Granted, one was encumbered but still. Very impressive on his part and the 24 team has really turned it on in general.

Now go out and get this Dega pole young man.

Three 2nd place finishes in the 4 playoff races so far. Granted, one was encumbered but still. Very impressive on his part and the 24 team has really turned it on in general.

Now go out and get this Dega pole young man.
Chase has been fast as hell on plates this year. Probably woulda won Dega if not for Dinger.

If he can survive, he's got a great shot.

Guve me a young driver like Chase any day of the year. I’m glad he pissed for finishing second, shows me he has the drive to win. As far as complaining about Gordon going to Hendricks and bailing on Bill Davis just don’t worry about the facts and let me have my fun being pissed at Jeffy-Poo for giving a screwing to Ford.

Well, Ford could have had Chase too, and mucked that up also. For that matter, they could have had Kyle Busch.....

Just wanna throw out some perspective.

Points ranking in first 2 full seasons in Cup:

Jimmie Johnson
Season 1: 5th
Season 2: 2nd
Wins: 6

Jeff Gordon
Season 1: 14th
Season 2: 8th
Wins: 2

Kyle Busch
Season 1: 20th
Season 2: 10th
Wins: 3

Kevin Harvick
Season 1: 9th
Season 2: 21st
Wins: 3

Tony Stewart
Season 1: 4th
Season 2: 6th
Wins: 9

Chase Elliott
Season 1: 10th
Season 2: Currently 4th
Wins: 0

Statistically speaking, even without a win yet, Chase has performed just as well if not better than some HOFers in the first 2 seasons.

I scanned the thread and did not realize there was any backlash against Chase and it makes no sense to me that there would be.The kid keeps his nose clean, doesn't blame others for things that don't go his way and is a pretty good driver too. What is there not to like?

Sure the kid should have won by this point but would you rather be Ryan Blaney or Chase?

A blog post isn't exactly a reputable source much less one written by a guy or gal that doesn't even use their real name. I could write a blog post about how the White House is guarded by aliens under the name Tinfoil Hat Tommy but that doesn't make it true.

There's a book called "Arrogance & Accords / The Inside Story of the Honda Scandal" by Steve Lynch that gets into detail about Hendrick's involvement with Honda and what he did, illegally, to get more cars for his dealerships back in the '90's..

Dunno if it's still in print but I've got an electronic copy of it.

Also dunno about the "fake" leukemia angle but his recovery was surely somewhat extraordinary.

There's a book called "Arrogance & Accords / The Inside Story of the Honda Scandal" by Steve Lynch that gets into detail about Hendrick's involvement with Honda and what he did, illegally, to get more cars for his dealerships back in the '90's..

Dunno if it's still in print but I've got an electronic copy of it.

Also dunno about the "fake" leukemia angle but his recovery was surely somewhat extraordinary.
Even if there may be smidgens of truth in this particular blog, that doesn't change the "Hendrick hates rednecks" and "responsible for keeping Yankee ahole Bodine employed" comments that make the article in its entirety not a reliable source.

Even if there may be smidgens of truth in this particular blog, that doesn't change the "Hendrick hates rednecks" and "responsible for keeping Yankee ahole Bodine employed" comments that make the article in its entirety not a reliable source.
The "herd" back then was in a full on stampede to buy a jap econobox because they thought the sky was falling when it came to gasoline. There were waiting lists to buy the things for three prices over retail. My wife at the time dad was friends with a big Mopar dealer and he was selling them out the back door. She didn't have a choice on color, accessories, or anything but the brand. So grey 2 speed automatic Honda (what a dog) it was. I kept my 351 Ranchero GT, ten times the car for the same money. Ain't nothing to it but greed, survival and supply and demand. Hardly any of the U.S. dealers had any econoboxes at the time.

What Rick Hendrick did was just SOP for dealers needing extra allocation as it was pay to play. The domestics normally do things the other way around so if you want an extra allocation of F-Series pickups they force you to take a bunch of cars that are slow sellers. It is how business is done and I have been part of it on many occasions.

What Rick Hendrick did was just SOP for dealers needing extra allocation as it was pay to play. The domestics normally do things the other way around so if you want an extra allocation of F-Series pickups they force you to take a bunch of cars that are slow sellers. It is how business is done and I have been part of it on many occasions.
What I questioned the most was the ''miracle'' leukemia cure that somehow brought him from his deathbed and kept him from doing prison time to a guy now that looks perfectly healthy if not about 40 pounds overweight...

Come on, you guys ... do we really think Hendrick's Oncologist is a liar?

"Results of tests conducted this month have prompted Hendrick's doctors to say he no longer needs chemotherapy and the disease can be declared to be in full remission.

"I'm very gratified by his response," Steven Limentani, a Charlotte oncologist and hematologist who has been leading Hendrick's treatment, told The Associated Press.

Hendrick was diagnosed in November 1996 with chronic myelogenous leukemia, a rare form of the disease that, according to many medical experts, claims up to 95 percent of its victims."

http://www.espn.com/auto/nascar/news/1999/1223/250331.html

"He did his residency in internal medicine at the New England Deaconess Hospital, a major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. He completed his hematology and oncology training at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston, where he remained on the faculty until moving to North Carolina. Dr. Limentani has extensive experience with physician and service line leadership with a particular interest in population health and clinical research trials."

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2017/01/18/novant-health-announces-new-leader-in-cancer.html

All I am saying is.........

Money buys a whole lot of things.......(it bought those cars that were almost impossible to get)

this includes integrity......

Maybe it was all aboveboard..... I don't know......

I have always just had my doubts.....

All I am saying is.........

Money buys a whole lot of things.......(it bought those cars that were almost impossible to get)

this includes integrity......

Maybe it was all aboveboard..... I don't know......

I have always just had my doubts.....

Is he carrying around the medication induced bloated body around 20 years after the fact to keep up the charade?

I don't know what he's doing...... but..... he looks like he's doing pretty good to me........

Do you remember what he looked like before getting sick? He was fit as a fiddle. Every since he went in remission, he's been fatter than I am.

Back
Top Bottom