Congratulations TRD/Toyota: Your Repeat Manufacturers Champion

Even though Chevy is my favorite manufacturer, I am all for having different winners. If Chevy won all of the time, that would not be appealing to other manufacturers who may be looking into joining the sport. Toyota's success is kind of a good thing.
Thinking that if Chevy won it would not incur the wrath of the yoter people would be wishful thinking to put it mildly. It comes with the territory. See Chase Elliott. :D
Toyota (JGR) did a great job this year. It's up to Ford and Chevy teams to rise to the challenge.
I think it's funny that Trdota has spent all this cash what with track signage,pace cars,air titan trucks,clean up and pace trucks and Brian's bar bill. All to sell grocery getters to grannies

Toyota's success is a really good thing as they make a great product, employ a boat load of Americans, never needed a bailout and are an example for other manufacturers that may want to get in.

I have never heard Toyota fans get mad when Chevy has won the championship or the manufacturer champ and I don't think anyone else has either.

Toyota did a good job this year and I look forward to see what Ford and GM are going to do about it as competition makes everyone better.

Toyota has outsold Ford and GM for years where it really counts and that is retail sales so they don't need Nascar to sell cars and Nascar needs Toyota a lot more than Toyota needs Nascar.

You claim no rules were broken, but what do you have to back your claim, just your option?

You are the individual that has cast aspersions on Joe Gibbs, JGR, Toyota and TRD so it is incumbent upon you to prove your claim. It is just like if I said that HMS was breaking rules and it was up to you to prove they weren't. I'm still waiting for you or some other person to say what JGR is doing wrong. Don't be shy!

As far as I know, the only place the rule you’re referring to as being broken by Toyota / JGR is here ... in this thread and in this case by yourself.

Pretty far-fetched in my opinion. That aside, what do you have to support your claim?

Where did I say anything about the rule being broken, I never used the word "rule" one time. You are the one that said no rule was broken. I talked about funding and that Jibbs is a poor owner compared to others, and Jibbs may receive free motors and chassis from toyoter.

JGR build their own chassis. All the top Toyota teams get engines from TRD.

I have no idea what the financial arrangements are for that supply. Neither do you. The rule reference makes sense to me. I’m unconcerned if you don’t understand it.

“In JGR’s fab room, about 75 people are involved in the process of building a race car. They start by constructing the chassis, which takes about a week. The chassis then goes to NASCAR’s certification facility for measurement. When JGR gets it back, fabricators hang the body panels on the car, which takes another week. Then about 40 mechanics go to work, installing the engine and other components. Finished cars are normally ready for the competition division three weeks from the start of the building process.”

https://www.mscdirect.com/betterMRO/metalworking/jgr-championship-racing-team-you-dont-see-track

http://www.thefabricator.com/article/arcwelding/fabricating-for-the-win

“FRR formally announced its big plans for 2016 and beyond on Sunday, including a new technical alliance with powerhouse Joe Gibbs Racing (which will build chassis for FRR)”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...tin-truex-joe-gibbs-racing-alliance/72890808/

JGR build their own chassis. All the top Toyota teams get engines from TRD.

I have no idea what the financial arrangements are for that supply. Neither do you. The rule reference makes sense to me. I’m unconcerned if you don’t understand it.

Of course you have proof that Jibbs builds their own chassis and they aren't built in that 46000 sq foot TRD shop. If you don't I understand, because you are known for statements with no backing.

Where did I say anything about the rule being broken, I never used the word "rule" one time. You are the one that said no rule was broken. I talked about funding and that Jibbs is a poor owner compared to others, and Jibbs may receive free motors and chassis from toyoter.

What? The last 2-3 pages have been about nothing? What a bummer! So you know of no rule that Toyota has broken but are concerned with either Joe Gibbs net worth and/or feel that JGR is under capitalized as well as being concerned that TRD may be sneaking some free engines in the side door at JGR HQ. As far as I know each top team builds their own chassis but may sell to competitors but unless there has been a recent change I know TRD is not in the chassis business. On one hand the whole thing is a big letdown but on the other I appreciate you being honest and admitting you have nothing other than just what you think.

“In JGR’s fab room, about 75 people are involved in the process of building a race car. They start by constructing the chassis, which takes about a week. The chassis then goes to NASCAR’s certification facility for measurement. When JGR gets it back, fabricators hang the body panels on the car, which takes another week. Then about 40 mechanics go to work, installing the engine and other components. Finished cars are normally ready for the competition division three weeks from the start of the building process.”

https://www.mscdirect.com/betterMRO/metalworking/jgr-championship-racing-team-you-dont-see-track

http://www.thefabricator.com/article/arcwelding/fabricating-for-the-win

“FRR formally announced its big plans for 2016 and beyond on Sunday, including a new technical alliance with powerhouse Joe Gibbs Racing (which will build chassis for FRR)”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...tin-truex-joe-gibbs-racing-alliance/72890808/

No pictures of chassis fabrication in those pictures.

I think some are confused by what it means to be religious/Christian. Coach is a good dude.

I'm a Christian, and just like Joe Gibbs I am far, far, far from perfect. I have never heard Coach claim to be morally superior to anyone. He is a human being like the rest of us. Christians are not perfect, though some act as if they are. Most of them I know, including myself do the best they can. And I would suggest before a person condemns all of a group, in this case Christians, study their beliefs, get to know some of them. They may be surprised what it means to be a Christian. It's sad that he's berated because of his faith. Wonder if the same people would ridicule athiest, or Muslims....probably not. Unless i missed it, Coach Gibbs has never been in legal trouble, and I'm guessing his marriage is still solid after all these years. Seems like a pretty decent guy to me.

I'm a Christian, and just like Joe Gibbs I am far, far, far from perfect. I have never heard Coach claim to be morally superior to anyone. He is a human being like the rest of us. Christians are not perfect, though some act as if they are. Most of them I know, including myself do the best they can. And I would suggest before a person condemns all of a group, in this case Christians, study their beliefs, get to know some of them. They may be surprised what it means to be a Christian. It's sad that he's berated because of his faith. Wonder if the same people would ridicule athiest, or Muslims....probably not. Unless i missed it, Coach Gibbs has never been in legal trouble, and I'm guessing his marriage is still solid after all these years. Seems like a pretty decent guy to me.
I hope you are right....... only Joe and God know his true intentions...

Great post and I am very, very constrained in what I can say but I think I will be on OK ground in saying that I find it a great shame that you can mock a person for having faith.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Why are people so triggered by Toyota's success? The rationalization for hating Toyota in this thread (and on this board) is insane.
I wish I had an answer, Matthew. Just speculating, some may have a personal animosity toward Toyota --- maybe they bought a lemon and Toyota
wouldn't make it right in their eyes. Maybe Coach Gibbs and the Redskins beat their favorite team too many times.
:idunno:

Why are people so triggered by Toyota's success? The rationalization for hating Toyota in this thread (and on this board) is insane.

It beats the heck out of me as Toyota hasn't broken any rules and is an asset to Nascar. In no particular order I have seen a couple of people get salty over Nascar not checking cars after MIS, TRD may be giving JGR engines and chassis that are built in some secret building in Salisbury NC, Joe Gibbs has a low net worth, TRD tells JGR what to do and Joe Gibbs faith.

They don’t like it because it’s not American they say.. just like they don’t like anything else that’s not American
In my case I've never been much of a fan of Japanese cars, don't care for most Italian cars either (Fiat spyder). I liked the 240Z, but by the time they came out with the 260, 280 2+2's they made it ugly and slow. The big three at least continue to make a little of the muscle of the past. Mustang Camaro, Challenger. I've owned all three of those and more GTO. Vette, performance cars and trucks. Sorry but a 4 door Camry I am sure is a great car, but it don't do a thing for me.

well lets see, why don't you go get a 48 jacket and hat :D
What does that have to do with a brand?? I never said I don’t like him I like Kyle Busch.. this is totally different and don’t even compare

In my case I've never been much of a fan of Japanese cars, don't care for most Italian cars either (Fiat spyder). I liked the 240Z, but by the time they came out with the 260, 280 2+2's they made it ugly and slow. The big three at least continue to make a little of the muscle of the past. Mustang Camaro, Challenger. I've owned all three of those and more GTO. Vette, performance cars and trucks. Sorry but a 4 door Camry I am sure is a great car, but it don't do a thing for me.
They make very good cars that will outlast any car u just named.. I bet if they started in American you would LOVE those cars.. especially the infinti’s there very good cars and last forever.. so give me more excuses.. bottom line is it’s a Japanese brand that’s all it is to it.. that’s why a lot of NASCAR fans didn’t want it in the series.. I’m not going to even lie.. when I first started watching I was like what the hell is toyato doing in NASCAR because I thought it was all American cars.. but I realized they was in NASCAR I never thought about it again or said ohh hell they shouldn’t be in NASCAR because the good ol boys drove American cars haha.. and that’s how a lot of NASCAR fans see it.. I don’t understand why people in here sugarcoat everything just tell the truth

What does that have to do with a brand?? I never said I don’t like him I like Kyle Busch.. this is totally different and don’t even compare
I haven't liked Kyle Damn Busch and he has been in just about every brand of car there is.

I haven't liked Kyle Damn Busch and he has been in just about every brand of car there is.
Your confusing the hell out of me.. what does this have to do with Kyle Busch??? We was talking bout a car brand you brung Kyle into this not me .. you bought up Jimmie and Kyle lol

They make very good cars that will outlast any car u just named.. I bet if they started in American you would LOVE those cars.. especially the infinti’s there very good cars and last forever.. so give me more excuses.. bottom line is it’s a Japanese brand that’s all it is to it.. that’s why a lot of NASCAR fans didn’t want it in the series.. I’m not going to even lie.. when I first started watching I was like what the hell is toyato doing in NASCAR because I thought it was all American cars.. but I realized they was in NASCAR I never thought about it again or said ohh hell they shouldn’t be in NASCAR because the good ol boys drove American cars haha.. and that’s how a lot of NASCAR fans see it.. I don’t understand why people in here sugarcoat everything just tell the truth

Jr you will never understand and I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you. 65 4 speed vette fuelie with side pipes gurgling in the summer driving down the strip with the windows down. you related to Ato?

Jr you will never understand and I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you. 65 4 speed vette fuelie with side pipes gurgling in the summer driving down the strip with the windows down. you related to Ato?
Ok I read everything u said and that’s still no reason a Japanese car sucks I’m sorry but it isn’t .. ok keep the excuses coming instead of the truth

@Skoalbandit33 they just won’t say it will they lol.. people just don’t like it because it’s a Japanese car bottom line

Prob have a billion overseas stuff in there house smh :lol2::lol2:

Your confusing the hell out of me.. what does this have to do with Kyle Busch??? We was talking bout a car brand you brung Kyle into this not me .. you bought up Jimmie and Kyle lol

Ok I read everything u said and that’s still no reason a Japanese car sucks I’m sorry but it isn’t .. ok keep the excuses coming instead of the truth

@Skoalbandit33 they just won’t say it will they lol.. people just don’t like it because it’s a Japanese car bottom line

I am confused as well as IDK what Kyle, Jimmie or a picture of a 64 Vette have to do with people disliking Toyota but I agree with you that there are a good number of people that don't like Toyota racing in Nascar or making cars for the American market. IDK why so few people fess up to it but maybe it is because they know they don't have a good reason but still want to take pot shots.

I don't care where Toyotas are made, they just don't have anything that appeals to me. The FRS/86 is the only "cool" car they have produced for 20 years now. Their trucks are fine though, and there's lots to like from the Lexus brand.

I'm a diehard Chevy/GM guy, and I have absolutely no problem with Toyota being in nascar. I think the percentage of fans that actually hate Toyota is rather small in perspective.

I don't care where Toyotas are made, they just don't have anything that appeals to me. The FRS/86 is the only "cool" car they have produced for 20 years now. Their trucks are fine though, and there's lots to like from the Lexus brand.

I'm a diehard Chevy/GM guy, and I have absolutely no problem with Toyota being in nascar. I think the percentage of fans that actually hate Toyota is rather small in perspective.
I mean the New Camry’s nice and it’s a lot of lexus that are really really nice.. it’s no way people don’t like some of the Lexus cars.. and a small percentage of people that don’t like Toyota’s lol??? Man I have heard so many Toyota jokes since I been watching nascar going on 3 years in feb it’s crazy.. in here and at the track... if I say I like Kyle Busch people always say but he drives a Toyota

Funny how Martin thank TRD for motors and cars last night
I am confused as well as IDK what Kyle, Jimmie or a picture of a 64 Vette have to do with people disliking Toyota but I agree with you that there are a good number of people that don't like Toyota racing in Nascar or making cars for the American market. IDK why so few people fess up to it but maybe it is because they know they don't have a good reason but still want to take pot shots.

I have a very sad reason not to like any Japanese companies, if I posted the reasons, the retired school teacher would delete it.

Toyota, as of 2015 had the single largest share of the global market, barely edging out GM. Toyota, love them or hate them make a fine product. Me? I've always been a bowtie guy. Still am. Always will be. But, you can't argue with success. They are uber competitive in NASCAR. They showed up to compete and win, they have done both very well. And as far as JGRs' deals with Edwards and Kenseth, who has privy to those details? Who knows what kind of pay structure might have been offered to the two of them? I surely don't know that info. And as far as Joe Gibbs net worth,as compared to Hendrick, Ganassi, and Penske, it didn't seem to hinder him any when he won the title with Kyle Busch. And who knows how deep TRD is involved in JGR? And how much does it matter? They are WINNING. How deep is TRD involved in FRR? Again, who knows? The only thing I know for sure that Toyota is doing is winning races and titles. I personally believe Joe Gibbs is an honorable man. I've never met him, probably never will. He is a winner. And he is a leader. No way to sell short a coach that has Super Bowl wins and a Cup team owner that has won races and titles.

Source for Toyota sales https://www.marketwatch.com/story/toyota-again-no-1-in-global-car-sales-2016-01-26

Back
Top Bottom