Congratulations TRD/Toyota: Your Repeat Manufacturers Champion

So how long would $60 million last funding 4 teams without Toyoter support?

Probably about as long as 60 million would last SHR without Ford support or 60 million would last HMS without GM support no?

Probably about as long as 60 million would last SHR without Ford support or 60 million would last HMS without GM support no?

Thanks for making my point, because Haas, Hendrick and Penske are Billionaire's that could self fund, Jibbs not so much.

It's funny how Chevy dominated the sport for like 30 years and nobody batted an eyelash, and once Toyota puts a couple solid years together, it must be because they're paying NASCAR off in some shady backroom dealings. :lol2:

Dale Earnhardt, Jeff Gordon, and Jimmie Johnson dominated the sport for 30 years.

So how long would $60 million last funding 4 teams without Toyoter support?
Your intimate knowledge of the total amount of money available to JGR for annual race operations funding (without Toyota support) is impressive.

Everybody at the top of the heap is assisted by manufacturer support ... financial and otherwise.
Kicking one team in the nards for it is hypocrisy at its finest. Will wait patiently for the Chevrolet sponsored sireen to wail in Awesomeville.

Your intimate knowledge of the total amount of money available to JGR for annual race operations funding (without Toyota support) is impressive.

Everybody at the top of the heap is assisted by manufacturer support ... financial and otherwise.
Kicking one team in the nards for it is hypocrisy at its finest. Will wait patiently for the Chevrolet sponsored sireen to wail in Awesomeville.

Thanks for your reply of I know everything.

Thanks for making my point, because Haas, Hendrick and Penske are Billionaire's that could self fund, Jibbs not so much.

As long as the funding comes from a legal source who cares? Does Toyota money make the cars go faster than money from Martha Stewart or something?

My post was changed so It looks like you and I can't kid around with each other anymore. Have a good off season.

Good offseason to you as well. I have always enjoyed our exchanges. Too bad they have been misperceived.

Definitely the puppet, Jibbs doesn't have the money to be a elite team, without taking orders from Toyota.

Taco---Go get yourself some of that cheddar broccoli soup. You sound hungry.

Jibbs is just a broke old man, that can't compete without taking orders from Toyoter, hence firing Matt K.

You can bend or twist what I've said, but with a net worth of $60 million as a NASCAR owner, you're a poor owner.

Barren is the field in which I grow my f*cks about the manufacturers championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jibbs is just a broke old man, that can't compete without taking orders from Toyoter, hence firing Matt K.

You can bend or twist what I've said, but with a net worth of $60 million as a NASCAR owner, you're a poor owner.
I was gonna give some money to my local food bank this Christmas, but I better give it to Joe Gibbs instead, sounds like he's just scraping by. Hopefully my donation will brighten the holidays of a poor family in need like the Gibbses.

Maybe Joe can pawn one of his three Super Bowl rings or one of his four Cup trophies for extra cash if my donation isn't enough.

There’s no need to bend or twist what you’ve written here other than to say that I’m surprised it isn’t accompanied by the stock shot of Erik Jones’ acne.

Whats manufactured in this 46,000 sq ft facility at 1125 Competition Dr, Salisbury, NC 28146?

413676149.jpg

Okie dokie let us say that Joe Gibbs not only doesn't have 60 million but in fact has a negative financial statement and is just a figurehead for TRD. I don't think I have misconstrued a scintilla of what you have said and in fact have raised the stakes. Let it be resolved that Joe is a figurehead for TRD......WHO CARES? Someone has to call the shots so WHO CARES if those orders are coming from Denver, California or Concord?

Whats manufactured in this 46,000 sq ft facility at 1125 Competition Dr, Salisbury, NC 28146?

413676149.jpg

That is the TRD chassis and design facility. TRD Costa Mesa is the engine shop.

makes you wonder what does the Gibbs bunch actually build. You see photos of Hendricks place, and Penske's shop.

Last edited:
makes you wonder what does the Gibbs bunch actually build. You see photos of Hendricks place, and Penske's shop.

You spend as much time worrying about Toyota as I do....and I am way obsessed according to some around here. You do know the answer, right?

Hey no worries Rev, you know their history in motorsports as I do. There could be a for sale sign on it tomorrow

You spend as much time worrying about Toyota as I do....and I am way obsessed according to some around here. You do know the answer, right?

I am hoping someone can tell me what the problem is with Toyota, JGR and how the team is managed. I am totally fine with people disliking Toyota for any reason that suits them but the reasons I have heard don't make sense. People are mad because JGR allowed Matt's contract to expire and feel Joe Gibbs lied to Matt and Carl. They are also mad because JGR accepts money from Toyota (that is a really strange one to me) and they feel Toyota tells Joe Gibbs what to do and if so they don't like that either.

However the fact that Gene Haas spent time in jail and ripped off taxpayers is no problem at all and save for a purchased pardon Rick Hendrick would still be a felon. I am not saying Gene and Rick are bad people as certainly none of us are perfect but it is the height of daftness to be mad at Toyota because you don't like Joe Gibbs or because you think he takes orders from Toyota and be fine with Ford and Chevy despite the indiscretions of Gene and Rick.

Jack R was right about Toyoter. They come in and build motors and chassis for Jibbs and the mattress man.
Sure looks like a factory team to me.
I would bet they furnish the equipment at no charge.

Jack R was right about Toyoter. They come in and build motors and chassis for Jibbs and the mattress man.
Sure looks like a factory team to me.
I would bet they furnish the equipment at no charge.

Who cares if TRD tucks Joe Gibbs into bed each night after building engines and chassis for his team. Who cares if they are a defacto factory team?......

Last edited by a moderator:
same as running a 2018 car in 2017, factories/factory teams were ruled out a long time ago. #knowtherules

It amazing how some people think they know it all, when in fact they have nothing to back their claims.

There are no rules being broken other than those invented by people looking for confirmation of their bias(es).

It amazing how some people think they know it all, when in fact they have nothing to back their claims.

If you could spell out what Toyota is doing wrong I would be happy to take a look at it and see if I agree. If they are clearly violating a rule they need to be punished but comments about Joe Gibbs net worth and Google Earth pics of a building are not proof of anything.

Even though Chevy is my favorite manufacturer, I am all for having different winners. If Chevy won all of the time, that would not be appealing to other manufacturers who may be looking into joining the sport. Toyota's success is kind of a good thing.

Thinking that if Chevy won it would not incur the wrath of the yoter people would be wishful thinking to put it mildly. It comes with the territory. See Chase Elliott. :D

I think it's funny that Trdota has spent all this cash what with track signage,pace cars,air titan trucks,clean up and pace trucks and Brian's bar bill. All to sell grocery getters to grannies

You claim no rules were broken, but what do you have to back your claim, just your option?
As far as I know, the only place the rule you’re referring to as being broken by Toyota / JGR is here ... in this thread and in this case by yourself.

Pretty far-fetched in my opinion. That aside, what do you have to support your claim?

Back
Top Bottom