Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Need to go talk to Rick and company about it.
tenor.gif

In all seriousness Kyle's probably going to win a lot the next five years. He's right in his prime, his cars are great, some older drivers have left, and he's actually growing up.
Maybe. Maybe not. It almost turns off like a switch when the new guard matures.

Its pathetic for cup drivers to pad their stats with minor league races

It's pathetic Richard Petty's wins against 14 car fields in 100 lap races are considered more meaningful than Kyle Busch's XFINITY wins against 40 car fields, often stacked with Cup drivers.

It's pathetic Richard Petty's wins against 14 car fields in 100 lap races are considered more meaningful than Kyle Busch's XFINITY wins against 40 car fields, often stacked with Cup drivers.
Petty has 1/4 mile dirt track wins with a 12 car field included in his “200” wins.

I never understood this either lol.. but people will glorify Richard petty

Well I just mean because of his youth. Kyle is from the JJ Tony Stewart era. He's just got the Lebron James longevity to still be domimant in the next generation
Good comparison. You figure Kyle started Cup when he was 20 I believe and is only 32 now, so you figure he has 10-12 maybe 15 years left. In that time it’s going to mind boggling he raced Gordon, JJ, Jimmie, Smoke, Kenseth and Harvick when they were on top. He really is racing’s Lebron James, been one of the best really since he started, matured into a champion and now battling the young guns. It really might be Kyle’s Era now, I’m going to sit back and enjoy. For me personally, he most reminds me of JG in his prime, a threat to win anywhere anyplace anytime.

Because Petty’s wins were against the best competition of the time. Not all of Kyle’s NASCAR wins are against top competition.

They aren't more meaningful. Petty was a pioneer, that's a Bill Russell stat.

I think most people hold Petty's lack of competition against him.

Petty is a GOAT by sheer influence and being a Pioneer. His 200 are overrated. It wasnt the modern era. They are astericked. I, and most people who don't gush over Kyle, measure Kyle by his performance at the cup level, which is still great given his age.

Petty is overrated imo. Petty's 200 and Kyle's Xfinity and Truck wins are just as meaningless to everyone who isn't a personal fan of either.

Chase Elliott will get a win one day, I know for a fact he was meant to in the #9 and not #24. But for now, i will enjoy him coming in 2nd cause he ain't got a win yet

Good comparison. You figure Kyle started Cup when he was 20 I believe and is only 32 now, so you figure he has 10-12 maybe 15 years left. In that time it’s going to mind boggling he raced Gordon, JJ, Jimmie, Smoke, Kenseth and Harvick when they were on top. He really is racing’s Lebron James, been one of the best really since he started, matured into a champion and now battling the young guns. It really might be Kyle’s Era now, I’m going to sit back and enjoy. For me personally, he most reminds me of JG in his prime, a threat to win anywhere anyplace anytime.

He reminds me more of Tony Stewart. 14 years vs 14 years, they were borderline identical.

Stewart has the titles, Kyle, the longevity. Head to head, they are carbon copies of each other

He reminds me more of Tony Stewart. 14 years vs 14 years, they were borderline identical.

Stewart has the titles, Kyle, the longevity. Head to head, they are carbon copies of each other
Let’s hope Kyle’s talent doesn’t disappear as quickly as Smoke’s did at the end of his career. That’s a pretty cool comparison though, tip of the cap.

Let’s hope Kyle’s talent doesn’t disappear as quickly as Smoke’s did at the end of his career. That’s a pretty cool comparison though, tip of the cap.

Smoke got to 45 wins quicker than Kyle did just barely. More titles.

But Kyle will have the longer, more won career. Those two guys are interchangibles..both played second fiddle to the JJ era, while being THE guy for a 3-6 year span at some point in their career. (2000-2006) (2015-2021?)

It's honestly uncanny and I think its a compliment to both.

How is that Petty’s fault?
I don’t get it either, Petty showed up raced against who he was scheduled to race and beat them. Was he supposed to look at the entry sheet, deem the competition raceable, if not and turn around an Go home? I don’t get crapping on Petty’s achievements. The same is starting to happen to Earnhardt as well when I hear people say “the competition wasn’t good then” (I’ve read it on these boards) well when was it good? Now? because it’s the only thing you see and know?

Back
Top Bottom