Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

It’ll be interesting if NASCAR reacts and takes away the win. I’ll be surprised if they do. They’re so inconsistent.

Reminds me of Bristol ‘99. Watching Labonte get run over for the win also by a 3 car.

8 year old me was heated lol.
1995 Night Race was worse. He wrecked everyone but the pace car that night.

Rusty Wallace will always be a hero for throwing a water bottle at him for that. That and paying a fine in pennies one time.

Look at this way. Dillon just took a playoff spot that won't go to a driver more likely to be a challenge for Chase. I hope 30th or worse drivers win the next three weeks, assuming Chase doesn't. 🙂
Chase has a snowball’s chance in hell right now. He has one “right place right time” win in two plus years.

My last comment, NASCAR would be ok with what the 3 did, sending the 22 BUT when he RR'd the 11 it was over. In my opinion he will not get the " auto win" in to the playoffs. He will get the win but no points ( maybe Money also)

Logano and hamlin would have done the exact same thing if they were in dillion's situation. Blame nascar for creating a system that rewards that kind of driving
Wrong. Just wrong. Are they borderline? Yes. Three lengths back, and then right rearing somebody on the finish. No ****** way. Just no.

1995 Night Race was worse. He wrecked everyone but the pace car that night.

Rusty Wallace will always be a hero for throwing a water bottle at him for that. That and paying a fine in pennies one time.
Yep. Drove it in from 4 car lengths back. Luckily he launched Terry across the line for the win for that one lol.

Dale was the most entertaining driver I ever watched but I couldn’t stand him at times. Complete a**hole on the track.

Yellow for Joey’s wreck freezes the field?
It would be pretty damn funny if it turns out that happened right after Denny passed AD but before Dillion turned him, as much as I hate Hamlin

Like really. This fake drama B.S.. What are the odds that Dillon who races in the 20's if he is lucky is going to have Hamlin or Logano take the time, trouble and risk of damage to F him up? Gerbil fake drama.
Been saying this since Joey’s interview aired. He’ll sleep a couple times and get over it when he’s running top 10 next week and Dillon is back to his usual 26th.

I think Austin Dillion should at least be scored as the last car on the lead lap and more justly flat out DQ'd.

But Nascar didn't make an immediate call and I don't think they will after a few minutes have passed.

I think it was dirty but everything that occurred happened plain sight and it was very obvious. If any immediate call wasn't made or at least in the first few minutes, nothing will happen and it stands.

2 of the dirtiest drivers now belly aching!!!!!!
Hypocrites!!!
Fork 'em.
Denny even said he was throwing stones from a glass house.

Both drivers nailed it in their interviews. They’ve bumped guys to win before. They’ve wrecked guys to win before.

This is the most egregious “win” since 1999.

Chase has a snowball’s chance in hell right now. He has one “right place right time” win in two plus years.
I tend to agree, but if he can survive the first couple rounds, he might just find himself in the right place again.

This is what Nascar wanted when they came up with this "win and you're in" nonsense, guys saying "#%@! it!" and going full leeroy jenkins and wreaking others for the chance to compete for a championship. So more than likely Dillon won't be penalized or if he is it'll just be a slap on the wrist and a warning not to do it again. The rest of the field though isn't gonna have mercy on him, especially Joey and Denny.

Denny even said he was throwing stones from a glass house.

Both drivers nailed it in their interviews. They’ve bumped guys to win before. They’ve wrecked guys to win before.

This is the most egregious “win” since 1999.
This is the most intentional wreck to win since 1999 for sure. There have been some wrecks racing for the win but it could be argued they were all accidental. Be it failed bump and runs or failed slide jobs or whatever. No mistaking this.

This is the most intentional wreck to win since 1999 for sure. There have been some wrecks racing for the win but it could be argued they were all accidental. Be it failed bump and runs or failed slide jobs or whatever. No mistaking this.
He drove through someone and hooked someone else.

You haven't watched many Super Speedway races I'm guessing lol.

I feel Iike the angst tonight will be much ado about nothing, Dillon’s time in the playoffs will be very short.

You haven't watched many Super Speedway races I'm guessing lol.
Those are people playing in the sandbox they’ve been told to play in. Pack racing, blocking being a necessity, out of bounds rules that have forced guys to wreck someone instead of pass them…

This is the most egregious thing in a quarter century.

The last one I recall them taking a win away was when Ricky Rudd dumped Davey Allison at Sears Point in 1991. I was at that race.
Rudd was black flagged when he came back around on the last lap, then they got out the checkered for Davey. The fact that Nascar hasn't called Dillon and Pop Pop to the official trailer tells me they won't be taking the win from him.

Back
Top Bottom