Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Those are people playing in the sandbox they’ve been told to play in. Pack racing, blocking being a necessity, out of bounds rules that have forced guys to wreck someone instead of pass them…

This is the most egregious thing in a quarter century.
Wrecking someone is wrecking someone. Dillion held it to the floor just like they did.

The sad part is, this should’ve been a crowning moment for Austin Dillon and RCR. Best race the 3 car has run since it came back. Had it won fair and square. On speed. Clean as can be. Then Stenhouse happened.

Now the win is the biggest clown shoes moment in recent NASCAR history.

Maybe, but he’s taking the spot away from someone who’s obviously been better than Dillon this year.
Honestly anyone running out of the top 10 doesn’t have a great shot to win. 12-16 and beyond that are just taking up space. I’m not condoning the way he won, total clown show but he’s going to be an afterthought a month from now

The sad part is, this should’ve been a crowning moment for Austin Dillon and RCR. Best race the 3 car has run since it came back. Had it won fair and square. On speed. Clean as can be. Then Stenhouse happened.

I think it will make NBC's highlight reel for years to come.

This was AD showing what he thought was the only way to win a race but no kudos for you sir, the win ALSO has to be done respectfully. I'd apologize and hide from ur fellow racers if you do make the playoffs. Dirty moves don't win

Almost certainly, but steals a bid from someone who could conceivably compete on speed each weekend in the playoffs (Chastain, Buescher, Bubba).
Those guys the way they’re running now at this current moment would most likely be out in the first round as well

This was AD showing what he thought was the only way to win a race but no kudos for you sir, the win ALSO has to be done respectfully. I'd apologize and hide from ur fellow racers if you do make the playoffs. Dirty moves don't win
This was such a clown show it made people join the forum to yell about it.

Welcome!

Rudd was black flagged when he came back around on the last lap, then they got out the checkered for Davey. The fact that Nascar hasn't called Dillon and Pop Pop to the official trailer tells me they won't be taking the win from him.

RCR, His grandkid, 3 car, "Dale Sr's team" , same atittude we saw from Petree. I hate to be that guy, but...yeah.

Pretty much looking at it logically. Dillion has a snowball's chance in hell making it out of the first round. But PlAYoFFs
To me, it's not so much that he gets a slot at someone else's expense. It's that a 32nd place driver is now locked in to finish the season no worse than 16th.

But he didn’t have it won fair and square. The win happens after the checkered flag. He was on his way to a win when the yellow came out. He got beat after the restart and drove through two cars to get to the checkered.

If this isn’t premeditated I don’t know what is.

This guy can’t help but win in the most dubious ways.

NASCAR absolutely can't let this go.

This is, without question, the most egregious move for the win we've seen in 30 years.

And the worst part is that he did so in a manner which has gotten other drivers SERIOUSLY suspended.

My concern is the "Do it for Dale!" plot armor Dillon, RCR and that 3 car have is going to immunize them from this **** because NASCAR still think young fans care about that, Dale Sr, and the entire 3 car aura.

If Dillon isn't seriously penalized, this is the biggest mark against NASCAR being a legitimate racing series we've ever seen.

I mean for Christ's sake. Right hooking someone results in a suspension. And he did this after deliberately junking someone.

Strip that clown of his playoff birth.

so is the whole being in the top 30 in points to qualify for the playoffs even with a win not a thing anymore?

A 32nd place driver was going to win the race fair and square until the squirrels showed up and go from 32nd to 16th. He won by hook or crook, same difference, 32nd to 16th. It's NBC's/Brian France's idea. Listening to the gerbils, with 4 races to go befoe the playoffs and they were in full playoff mode tonight already.

It’s ridiculous. It frustrates the crap out of most fans, but someone tuning in for the first time would have loved it!

My wife hardly watches, but she was on the couch during this one on her phone playing games.

Paid attention to the end and was entertained by the interviews and was even invested hoping he gets penalized or DQ'd.

She's the commoner. And I don't think she's the only person who wouldn't respect NASCAR as a legitimate sanctioning body if there was no penalty.

PlAyOfFs. Ya can't blame the driver, it's the system.
Oh, I'm not blaming him for that at all. As you said, it's the system. It's the thing that I dislike the most about the playoffs, even more than a single final race for the title. A driver could DNF ten straight races and he'll still be 16th.

My wife hardly watches, but she was on the couch during this one on her phone playing games.

Paid attention to the end and was entertained by the interviews and was even invested hoping he gets penalized or DQ'd.

She's the commoner. And I don't think she's the only person who wouldn't respect NASCAR as a legitimate sanctioning body if there was no penalty.
Respect for the sanctioning body died a long time ago. Is this still up for debate?

Oh, I'm not blaming him for that at all. As you said, it's the system. It's the thing that I dislike the most about the playoffs, even more than a single final race for the title. A driver could DNF ten straight races and he'll still be 16th

bull**** it's the system Charlie, you know this.

Drivers are responsible for what they do in the car. Dating back to 2014 when the playoffs started, how many drivers running p2, within 3 car lengths of the leader coming to the checkered flag ended up wrecking the leader for the win? I would imagine that is a small minority.

Sure. The format puts drivers in a position to make a ****** decision, but at the end of the day, most of the drivers in the field don't make that decision...

And do you really think Austin Dillon doesn't pull that crap in the old chase format, or full season format?

Responsibility falls on one single entity here, that's Austin Dillon.

NASCAR absolutely can't let this go.

This is, without question, the most egregious move for the win we've seen in 30 years.

And the worst part is that he did so in a manner which has gotten other drivers SERIOUSLY suspended.

My concern is the "Do it for Dale!" plot armor Dillon, RCR and that 3 car have is going to immunize them from this **** because NASCAR still think young fans care about that, Dale Sr, and the entire 3 car aura.

If Dillon isn't seriously penalized, this is the biggest mark against NASCAR being a legitimate racing series we've ever seen.

I mean for Christ's sake. Right hooking someone results in a suspension. And he did this after deliberately junking someone.

Strip that clown of his playoff birth.
Why and take away the gerbil 3 game left Cinderella story and re runs during the race away? I mean this would be worse than convincing Jeff that he isn't driving the car anymore.

Back
Top Bottom