Cup RACE thread --- Watkins Glen

Damn. I can’t get stoned either.
I had my first bong hit when I was 9.
Quit cold turkey to get the job I have now. I’m union and I don’t need a dirty test in my jacket.
I might pick it up again when I retire. Ima get out of the union workforce when I pay my house off, that should be in the next year and a half. Then, I’ll build cars with my buddy Paul.
I’m with you. I want to so bad, but it’s still illegal in NC and I’m paranoid as heck that I’ll somehow lose my dental license for it. I won’t since, well, I’m the boss that would have to order test but…. My paranoid brain keeps concocting scenarios where something goes wrong on Monday, I get sued, and somehow Mary Jane is uncovered.

I’d have a beer with you. Then again, that doesn’t say much. I love beer.
The lady and I went away this weekend, just got back today. I declared in this thread earlier I'm just drinking water because we were out and drank most of the weekend.

I ended up having a beer. When it's there and there's a race on, you just got to!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Let me know when you do, and I’ll find away out. Smoke up, few glasses of whiskey, and maybe a race will be on that day haha.
Mmmmmm…. I’d love to sip a rocks glass of say Buffalo Trace with most of you and watch cars go fast. Despite all our trash talk!

Damn. I can’t get stoned either.
I had my first bong hit when I was 9.
Quit cold turkey to get the job I have now. I’m union and I don’t need a dirty test in my jacket.
I might pick it up again when I retire. Ima get out of the union workforce when I pay my house off, that should be in the next year and a half. Then, I’ll build cars with my buddy Paul.
I quit smoking marijuana 5 years ago cold turkey as well. It wasnt necessary for my job, but I didn't feel good about continuing, given my field of choice.

It turns out it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. No interest in bringing that habit back.

I quit smoking marijuana 5 years ago cold turkey as well. It wasnt necessary for my job, but I didn't feel good about continuing, given my field of choice.

It turns out it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. No interest in bringing that habit back.

Don’t know if I’d smoke, but I’d take an edible in a heartbeat just to see what it’s like. 🤷‍♂️

I have trouble sleeping. I’m usually up three hours before I need to be at work. I get there early, make the coffee, fire up all the computers, stock my truck.
I’d like to sleep more but I can’t.
Maybe pot can help when I retire.

Don’t know if I’d smoke, but I’d take an edible in a heartbeat just to see what it’s like.
It's a heck of a lot more intense than smoking. If you have any underlying issues with anxiety, I'd strongly recommend avoiding it, especially edibles lol. I've run into many a folk who end up developing more psychosomatic anxiety issues because of it. For someone folks it's great, and helpful. For other folks it can problematic.

My take is that if there's any apprehension, or concern of having "something to lose", it's best to stay away.

I can read lips. “Mr. H, you need to remind that SOB who brings sponsorship money to the company and who leaches off your teat.” I kid, I kid
On topic. I get Chase venting, but I think he needs to just handle it on the track. He has an open invitation, more or less, to run Larson hard or recklessly for a time or two.

I don't think Larson would take issue with it. So Chase needs to grab control of the way they race each other by the balls, and get on Larson's page. It's on him to "get his".

And once that's all cleared up, great. You have two teammates on the same page who more or less accept that this is how we race each other now. But in that scenario, there's no more love lost and it's a heck of lot easier.

Chase has a lot of dirty overagressive driving in him, as does Larson. But Chase holds that back with teammates. They're both champions. This should be like a Joey/Brad thing.

He needs to own that he CAN race Kyle like that in the same organization. I think it would be less frustrating for him and his fans, imo

Now that I've chilled, cooked some steaks and had dinner with the family, I can see that the biggest issue was the 9 team being so afraid of a 16 dive bomb that they chose the wrong lane and let the 5 do them instead. If he chooses right lane, Chase wins. But I shan't let this moment of clairty disrupt my Larson hatred. 🤣
I'm in this weird position where I don't hate Larson in Cup, but I can't stand him in 410 Sprints.

On topic. I get Chase venting, but I think he needs to just handle it on the track. He has an open invitation, more or less, to run Larson hard or recklessly for a time or two.

I don't think Larson would take issue with it. So Chase needs to grab control of the way they race each other by the balls, and get on Larson's page. It's on him to "get his".

And once that's all cleared up, great. You have two teammates on the same page who more or less accept that this is how we race each other now. But in that scenario, there's no more love lost and it's a heck of lot easier.

Chase has a lot of dirty overagressive driving in him, as does Larson. But Chase holds that back with teammates. They're both champions. This should be like a Joey/Brad thing.

He needs to own that he CAN race Kyle like that in the same organization. I think it would be less frustrating for him and his fans, imo

We’ll see if he does anything at Bristol. Lol

Larson's probably secure enough that it'd have to wait for the Roval.
Chase isn't going to dump him out of playoff contention..that will absolutely make Chase deserving of one. This isnt a movie.

If Larson is in a must win, he will be raced clean by Chase. Unless it's Phoenix.

Id imagine he shoots his shot when they are both safe.

In hindsight the move is not to take the outside if you’re the leader on the restart. Ultimately this weekend only one out of three drivers in that position didn’t get abused, and yesterday was probably a case of a Buschwhacker not wanting to run straight through an Xfinity regular (what happened after at the Bus Stop was just racing). You can’t rely on people to give you a chance these days.

In hindsight the move is not to take the outside if you’re the leader on the restart. Ultimately this weekend only one out of three drivers in that position didn’t get abused, and yesterday was probably a case of a Buschwhacker not wanting to run straight through an Xfinity regular (what happened after at the Bus Stop was just racing). You can’t rely on people to give you a chance these days.
Nail on the head.

Chase was thinking too much about the 16 and 22.

Tbh I’m more mad a new winner didn’t happen. I said I wanted a 16th winner for the playoffs.
Tbh that's why I was hoping for Allmendinger to win just for the irony of #16 being a part timer. :XXROFL::XXROFL:

Having had time to sleep on it, this is the correct point to make. The last two road courses, Chase chose outside on final restart which allowed him to get punted from the right. I'm not excusing Larson here, but if Chase chooses right lane then at least he can protect the inside into 1. From their radio, I think they were truly scared of the 16 going full send and were trying to avoid him. Who knew it was their teammate that they had to worry about.

There's taking it easy, and there's completely blowing the corner in an effort to out brake someone when you know there's zero chance you're making it. I wouldn't have minded a little contact. Larson used him as a backstop for his **** up.

"Something something WHEELMAN. BEST DRIVER IN THE WORLD!"

People were actually dogging Chase for the Lajoie incident, but view yesterday as good clean racing? Lol. In only one of those instances, the 2 cars were actually side by side.

Tables turned would Chase take it easy on Larson as the leader taking the outside?

I certainly would expect him to. Like it or not, you race your teammates differently, or at least you are supposed to, because doing so means you don't have the awkward meetings that are going on at HMS this morning. Besides, Larson already owed Chase a favor. He could have cut him a break there instead of sliding into him out of control. There is also the fact that Chase had the dominant car. He pulled away from Larson by two seconds on the previous restart, and I think when a teammate has the better car, you cut them some slack. If Chase was trying to "steal" a race Larson had in the bag, I would see the incident a LITTLE differently. As I said earlier, if it been Joey or AJ that hit Chase, I would have been mad, but that is what it is. You just don't expect to get done that way by a teammate.

Unfortunately, like most everything these days, opinions were that it was not a proper thing for a Mom to do.
Off topic, but I just noticed your Etch a Sketch signature. My uncle was the advertising director for Ohio Art for several years before moving on to Zippo Lighters. Circa 1981, I was used as model for some print ads for Ohio Art's Dukes of Hazzard toy guitar.

I certainly would expect him to. Like it or not, you race your teammates differently, or at least you are supposed to, because doing so means you don't have the awkward meetings that are going on at HMS this morning. Besides, Larson already owed Chase a favor. He could have cut him a break there instead of sliding into him out of control. There is also the fact that Chase had the dominant car. He pulled away from Larson by two seconds on the previous restart, and I think when a teammate has the better car, you cut them some slack. If Chase was trying to "steal" a race Larson had in the bag, I would see the incident a LITTLE differently. As I said earlier, if it been Joey or AJ that hit Chase, I would have been mad, but that is what it is. You just don't expect to get done that way by a teammate.
Radio is saying contact was light. More like Larson crowded Chase and took his line away. Sirius this AM.

Back
Top Bottom