Dale jr podcast

He was talking about an Xfinity race
All I heard was the “they took the daytona win from me” while he was talking about the Kurt Busch incident and he moved into having a target on his back. I assumed it was the Daytona truck race with Bobby Hamilton.

Which Xfinity race was he referencing?

All I heard was the “they took the daytona win from me” while he was talking about the Kurt Busch incident and he moved into having a target on his back. I assumed it was the Daytona truck race with Bobby Hamilton.

Which Xfinity race was he referencing?
I'm going with '96 he said he was racing Steve Grissom and Dale Jarrett who finished 1-2 Spencer led 21 laps.

Great conversation with Clint.

Put his name in the hat for another driver speaking his mind against NASCAR’s recent changes to the racing packages.

Also his mention of the celebrity nextgen all star race that NASCAR wanted was interesting.

Great conversation with Clint.

Put his name in the hat for another driver speaking his mind against NASCAR’s recent changes to the racing packages.

Also his mention of the celebrity nextgen all star race that NASCAR wanted was interesting.
Do it on the air or on one of the network shows and then I'll put stock into what these guys think. They talk all this **** on podcasts but when it comes down to it they toe the company line.

They need to take a page from the TNT NBA guys. They'll call the NBA out quick for their bull**** without hesitation and that's how it should be. NASCAR doesn't own FOX or NBC, these guys are just afraid to upset their buddies around the garage and upstairs wearing the suits when they're on the air.

There is now and with a few and far between exceptions, there has ALWAYS been a lack of critical analysis of NASCAR from the media that covers it., as well as from the competitors. I don't feel that a difference of opinion with the sanctioning body is automatically detrimental to the sport. I don't totally agree with Clint's take on practice, but if he really feels that way, he needs to be saying it on the Fox broadcast, not just on a podcast. The only truly non-party line media coverage we get right now is usually from people not intimately familiar with the sport and lacking understanding of the history, the technical aspects and the nuances of the sport. If there is a negative or a contrary opinion to be expressed, it should be coming from the people within the sport, not ONLY from outside it.

Do it on the air or on one of the network shows and then I'll put stock into what these guys think. They talk all this **** on podcasts but when it comes down to it they toe the company line.
I could be wrong but the DJD’s TV version is a NBC production.

I liked this weeks podcast. Really showed some of the struggles the independents had to go through.

There is now and with a few and far between exceptions, there has ALWAYS been a lack of critical analysis of NASCAR from the media that covers it., as well as from the competitors. I don't feel that a difference of opinion with the sanctioning body is automatically detrimental to the sport. I don't totally agree with Clint's take on practice, but if he really feels that way, he needs to be saying it on the Fox broadcast, not just on a podcast. The only truly non-party line media coverage we get right now is usually from people not intimately familiar with the sport and lacking understanding of the history, the technical aspects and the nuances of the sport. If there is a negative or a contrary opinion to be expressed, it should be coming from the people within the sport, not ONLY from outside it.

Joe Whitlock always told it pretty much the way it was. I wonder how he would report it if he were still here but my immediate guess is his reporting would have been the same now as then. DAMN!! But I'm getting old!! Make that older.

FWIW, the interview with Jimmy Means is one all true NASCAR Fans should listen to. To many have no idea the hardships he went through and managed to keep doing what he does to this day. It is an eye opener for some of the newer fans of NASCAR to hear how many race teams operated prior to big money sponsorships. Jimmy was one of the most highly respected drivers and now an owner, in NASCAR.

FWIW, the interview with Jimmy Means is one all true NASCAR Fans should listen to. To many have no idea the hardships he went through and managed to keep doing what he does to this day. It is an eye opener for some of the newer fans of NASCAR to hear how many race teams operated prior to big money sponsorships. Jimmy was one of the most highly respected drivers and now an owner, in NASCAR.
I always rooted for Jimmy. When I started watching in '90 he had the Alka Seltzer sponsorship and my old football number so I always hoped he'd have good runs. I didn't realize the struggle he'd endured, just that he was a owner-driver that seemed to always have less than stellar runs. The Alka Seltzer sponsorship was fitting in a sad way.

The stories of Jr and Jimmy's son being track buddies was interesting. Especially when they scrounged up discarded parts and left them in the 52's hauler because they knew his team was low budget. And the fact that Jr was a Jimmy Means fan I thought was cool. Just behind his own Dad. Jr is an old, kind soul.....

A lot of what he's talking about was before my time with him but no, NASCAR wasnt "out to get him" as you heard he was pretty good friends with Bill Jr. Jimmy is confusing because when he tells a story he goes off subject and starts telling another story and totally loses track of what he was originally talking about. They should have done more to steer him back to the original question or else its a jumbled mess. Its weird because in the car he is 100% focused and clear as a bell on what he's saying and doing.

I've just found out about this show. It was a very entertaining podcast imo, and I was thrilled to hear from Mr. E again.

Look at the guys hands, he's worked his butt off his whole life, much respect, a true unsung hero of nascar.

Anyone interested in the Chipper Jones podcast? Baseball is one sport I find totally unwatchable so after the intro and discussion about the Atlanta repave, I turned it off.

Anyone interested in the Chipper Jones podcast? Baseball is one sport I find totally unwatchable so after the intro and discussion about the Atlanta repave, I turned it off.
As a life long Phillies fan I have no desire to hear from Chipper Jones, I did the same but I skipped to the end for Ask Jr because that can sometimes have interesting stuff in it.

I'm not a big baseball fan either but will watch a game live and loved playing it when I was young. I had no idea who he was but watched it anyway. You missed a good show.

I'm not a big baseball fan either but will watch a game live and loved playing it when I was young. I had no idea who he was but watched it anyway. You missed a good show.
I’ll try to check it out again.

Chipper is arguably the greatest 3rd baseman of all time. Absolutely worth a listen.

Sidenote: the Ric Flair story was great. They HAVE to have him on this show.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

After the Spencer and Means episodes, I think they could do an entire "Henry stories" episode

Entertaining show and I got excited seeing Dale Jr's Portland Mavericks shirt. Long history there.

I was exhausted after the opening 28 minutes of Dale Jrs defense of the Atlanta reconfiguration(it was literally 28 minutes). It just felt too forced. I didn’t go any further on that episode. Loosing interest in the show recently

Last edited:
I was exhausted after the opening 28 minutes of Dale Jrs defense of the Atlanta reconfiguration(it was literally 28 minutes). It just felt too forced. I didn’t go any further on that episode. Loosing interest in the show recently

Bad take. That dude says whatever he thinks

The boat stuff that was talked about on 2 or 3 shows and then that Atlanta thing… I think i just need an intermission and try again later

Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean it’s a bad opinion

I wouldn't say JR is a spokesman by any means, but boy we've sure seen him soften on some firm stances that he's shared in the past since putting on the blazer in the booth.

It's pretty clear to me that the reference is to one or more of the whack jobs that populate that segment of the fan base.

I could be wrong. @Mispeedway15 is a reasonable human. JMO, of course.

It's pretty clear to me that the reference is to one or more of the whack jobs that populate that segment of the fan base.

I never had many interactions with him and the ones that I did have dont jump out as whacky or out of right field. I just thought his/her post was kind of aggressive but thats just maybe the way I took it and I wasnt offended as I hope he/she not at my playful digs.

Haha I like to think I am. But I’m an avid fan of his podcast and he always tells it like it is. Criticizes NASCAR consistently for things like the giant spoiler.

He even said it’s not that big of a change, only 4° in the center of the corner. If you think about it though the front and back stretches are the same, the only difference is that it’ll be more narrow and allow for a little more speed towards the wall in the middle of 1-2 and 3-4. If the advantage is too much on the wall then put some PJ1 down and even it out.

Haha I like to think I am. But I’m an avid fan of his podcast and he always tells it like it is. Criticizes NASCAR consistently for things like the giant spoiler.

He even said it’s not that big of a change, only 4° in the center of the corner. If you think about it though the front and back stretches are the same, the only difference is that it’ll be more narrow and allow for a little more speed towards the wall in the middle of 1-2 and 3-4. If the advantage is too much on the wall then put some PJ1 down and even it out.
Their mistake was they mentioned that the track width is similar to the width of Daytona. They woke up the flat footers with that comment. I seldom agree with much of what Jr says, but when he said that he didn't see any big changes, I agree. Besides a bit of narrowing. I posted a picture of the comparison of the bankings but who pays any attention to that when the happy line is Daytona, plates, and flat footing :laugh:

Last edited:
Their mistake was they mentioned that the track width is similar to the width of Daytona. They woke up the flat footers with that comment. I seldom agree with much of what Jr says, but when he said that he didn't see any big changes, I agree. Besides a bit of narrowing. I posted a picture of the comparison of the bankings but who pays any attention to that when the happy line is Daytona, plates, and flat footing :laugh:

I don’t think any flat footing will occur. That symmetric car and IRS is going to drive so so different

Back
Top Bottom